IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

The pic below is for you, deafgal. Don't give up hope. I know you've heard it a million times but it really only takes one. And we are a step ahead of the game by getting millions in the uterus. Im going to say a prayer for you. Choose hope!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi deafgal- I don't know about IUI and freezing, but when they checked my husband, they said anything over 2 million was good. And that was prewash! Also, they have less of a way to go. So morphology may be more important. Do they do a pre-screen on donors?

My clinic did prescreen my donor and said all the results looked good. Maybe that batch was just a fluke.

Also, on another thread a lady was so upset because she found out her husband had 20% motility and was literally about to give up... when she got pregnant.

It only takes one!

vk- This is an incredibly hard journey. :hugs: Many ladies say on here say they have no symptoms when they get their BFP so hang on to a little bit of hope for now. I can't remember what you've been doing for your IUI's, can you be more aggressive with your meds to try and get more eggs to grow? In the end you have to do what feels right for you and your hubby. It is such a tough decision to make.

ttcmoon- Fx for you! when do you think you'll test?

river- I hope things get timed well so it doesn't interfere with your friend and birthday celebrations. Good luck on Thursday. Let us know how it goes! If I was doing another IUI this month, I'd be going in on Thursday, too! It feels so weird to not be looking forward to checking on my eggs progress!

deafgal- Sorry I am not sure what to tell you as I've never used a frozen sample. What did your doc say? Try not to get too upset about the results - it really only takes 1.

lovelymo- It's hard to say what the crying is all about but hopefully it's a sign your hormones are going crazy because of a sticky lil bean! Let us know how the testing goes this weekend.

Idk what the dr thinks yet but I will try and get in an appt soon hopefully this or next week as dh is off from work. I am thinking I may need to do medicated cycle with clomid or something to increase the chances of these guys meeting an egg since last cycle was natural. I will keep you all posted unless you have time to track my progress in my journal- I write a lot more details over there.

Deafgal - It really takes one.So hang on there.I did B2B IUI this time.Lets see if that helps.You can also check on the same.
I am just wondering why fresh sample is not allowed :( this norm is silly enough!my clinic prefers post wash number to be 10million +.But someone mentioned here anything above 2mil is fine.So I do not think you should worry.
Did you check on motility and morphology?My hubby has good count but very bad morphology.

I do not have much info regarding known donor data so I will inquire at the appt about these to make my informed choice.

FDA is um an organization that monitors food and drugs in my country. They do not permit fresh from donors due to their regulations for health purposes. Frustrating!

vk- This is an incredibly hard journey. :hugs: Many ladies say on here say they have no symptoms when they get their BFP so hang on to a little bit of hope for now. I can't remember what you've been doing for your IUI's, can you be more aggressive with your meds to try and get more eggs to grow? In the end you have to do what feels right for you and your hubby. It is such a tough decision to make.

ttcmoon- Fx for you! when do you think you'll test?

river- I hope things get timed well so it doesn't interfere with your friend and birthday celebrations. Good luck on Thursday. Let us know how it goes! If I was doing another IUI this month, I'd be going in on Thursday, too! It feels so weird to not be looking forward to checking on my eggs progress!

deafgal- Sorry I am not sure what to tell you as I've never used a frozen sample. What did your doc say? Try not to get too upset about the results - it really only takes 1.

lovelymo- It's hard to say what the crying is all about but hopefully it's a sign your hormones are going crazy because of a sticky lil bean! Let us know how the testing goes this weekend.

I am going to test on 27th

Ladies Hii!! It's been a while!! Looks like the thread has been booming here with more and more with wonderful Ladies here who are TTC. Everything's going good here, but been stressing for the results to come out for husbands SA.. Well his results are halfway through.. We got the count and motility.

Count= 156 Million
Motility= 45%

Still waiting on Morphology.

I'm worried about the motility?.? Isn't that kind of low?

Any advice would be appreciated and lots of sticky dust coming your way!!

Ladies Hii!! It's been a while!! Looks like the thread has been booming here with more and more with wonderful Ladies here who are TTC. Everything's going good here, but been stressing for the results to come out for husbands SA.. Well his results are halfway through.. We got the count and motility.

Count= 156 Million
Motility= 45%

They like 50% so it's not bad, but I've known about DHs with lower numbers that get things done. If you are concerned, there was something today in the paper about eating fish and weight lifting increasing sperm count. Also, limiting alcohol, if that pertains :)

Hi Ladies,
I hope you don't mind if I join you guys. I will have my first IUI on Friday and I am very excited! I took Clomid days 4-8 and the us today showed two follicles at 16 & 17 mm. I was hoping for more than just two and it sounds a little small to me. On here I got the feeling that most successful IUI's involved 3-4 follicles that are at least 20mm... but my Dr. told me to do the Ovidrel tomorrow morning. I am such a wuss and don't know if I can give myself the shot. Have you guys done it before?

Count= 156 Million
Motility= 45%

I think my clinic always looks for >50% motility, too. But 45% is very close so I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's certainly not low enough to make it impossible to conceive! I think my hubby's sample for the first IUI was at 51% but after limiting beer to no more than 1 can per day it was up to 65% by the third one. So limiting alcohol is definitely one way to get that number a bit better!

Hi Ladies,
I hope you don't mind if I join you guys. I will have my first IUI on Friday and I am very excited! I took Clomid days 4-8 and the us today showed two follicles at 16 & 17 mm. I was hoping for more than just two and it sounds a little small to me. On here I got the feeling that most successful IUI's involved 3-4 follicles that are at least 20mm... but my Dr. told me to do the Ovidrel tomorrow morning. I am such a wuss and don't know if I can give myself the shot. Have you guys done it before?

Hi Livia- welcome! By having 2 follicles, you've already doubled the targets you would normally have so that's a good start! They do seem a lil smaller but will grow 1-2mm (and sometimes more) in a day so they will get bigger by tomorrow. The ovidrel will also help them grow and mature before they are released. Of course more always ups your odds but it also increases the chance of multiples. My last iui cycle I had 5 follicles and still didn't get my BFP so it certainly doesn't guarantee anything! The needle for the ovidrel is teeny tiny and you'll barely notice it. I promise it's not bad at all! You can do it!!

Samoorah - Your DH's count is great and motility is not bad.My clinic prefers it to be 50% but 45% is pretty close and if count is high number of swimmers also get higher.My DH takes Paternia and CaniQ for sperms and it helps to increase his count.He lacks in morphology though.Stress plays a big role for men.Limiting stess,alchohol, taking omega3 enriched diet and regular work out may help.FX'd for you.

Livia - 2 follicles are great for only clomid and no injectibles.And success rate is pretty good with 2 as well.How is your linin?And sizes appear to be a bit small but I am sure thry would grow more.For me I had 3 follicles of size -17,14.5,11.5.My doctor did not trigger me and on the next day when we went one of size 17 was gone.I ovulated myself.So it definitely matured and got ovulated.and next day sizes were 17,15.They have grown so much after my body started trigger.So to support my ovulation doctor gave me trigger shot again and I had 2 IUI's.
As mentioned by Hatethewait, the injection is not at all painful.Its like ant bite and stays for few secs.So no worries and all the best for the IUI.
Last time I had 4 follicles,perfect linin and perfect sperm but it did not work.But there are plenty of ladies whose IUI worked with only one follicle.So stay positive!

Hatethewait - How are you doing hon?Are you going for IVF in this cycle itself?started medication yet?FX'd for you.Or this is a break cycle as your signature says you are starting on nov.

Livia- I had one at 17 and the doctor wanted to wait another day to trigger. So I did another ultrasound and it was 21. I triggered that night, but had O pains the next day and my temps immediately spiked, so I began to worry that I O'd too early. So what you're doctor recommended sounds just right. Follicles grow 1-2 mm per day, so you could be at 18 and 19 which is pretty much 20.

Ladies I'm going in for blood test today- wish me luck!

Beta test, it's part of the iui package at my doctor's.

Hey ladies - I had my follie check this morning. I have 1x17mm and 1x12mm. The fs wasn't pleased with this response, as he wanted to see 3-4 mature follies with this level of meds. :( I am kinda sad about this. Worried about my body. Odd, we have almost the same protocol as last time, and pretty much the same response. But the other fs always said everything looked great. (the 2 are partners in the clinic, so you never know which you'll get for which appt)
I go in Sat for another check, and we were told to bd tomorrow.
I am hoping the smaller one grows! and catches up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->