IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Thank you guys!! It took me 10 min this morning before I was able to get myself to inject the Ovidrel. Once I did I had to laugh because it was so easy. I really hope my follies grow a little bit more before the IUI. I have no idea about lining, they didn't tell me.
ttcmoon are you in the tww?
Xanzaba Good luck! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

River- I know how you feel, I only had one follie from injectables and I was pretty upset, especially after seeing so many people get more. Just remember it only takes one!! I guess they'll up my dosages for next time?

Hi everyone, got a call from the lab, I got the results for the morphology and its not good..

Morphology= 1.5%

I don't what to do.. Sould I continue doing IUI? Or go and do IVF?

That's pretty much going to be our option. But I'm thinking to go ahead and do IUI and try..

ttcmoon- No IVF this cycle. This is just a cycle off to relax and take a mental break. It's been good so far. Meeting with my fs on the 29th to finalize my game plans.

xanzaba- How was the test?! I hope you got good results!!

River- Isn't it interesting how two different docs will see two different things? It's too bad you can pick whichever one of the two you like/trust more. Those follies can grow fast so hopefully things look great by Saturday! Fx for you!!

Livia- Glad the injection went well! Good luck tomorrow with your iui!

Samoorah- I'm not sure what to suggest. I would talk with your doc and get their advice and then do what you think feels best. There is certainly no harm in trying IUI first.

Samoorah - IUI is less expensive.So I would go for it first.Even my hubby has good count and motility but bad morphology.We are trying for 4 IUI cycles and then IVF.Who knows it can do a trick.IVF/ICSI always has more success rate.But its more invasive and costly.

Hatethewait - Have a relaxing month dear.Who knows this might be your month.Inspite of all fertility treatment I got both my BFP's on natural cycle!FX'd.

River - The smaller one has all chances to grow more.And it really takes one.Cycles are different bodies are different.All the best for your IUI.When is it scheduled?
ging - Truely said it takes only one!I never got pregnant on my medicated cycle with multiple follies but always on natural one.And I am sure I produced only one then!So hand on.

Livia - Good to know that the shot was not much painful for you.I am in my 7DPIUI.No symptoms yet.FX'd for you.

I had spotting today (Thursday) right before work. TMI: I wiped and noticed brownish "stuff" on the tp. I took a shower and put on a panty liner just to see if it does it again and sure enough, there was a brownish stuff on the panty liner. I am going into my 9diui but won't test until 11dpiui. My period isn't due for another 5 days and even when I spot before my period, it definitely is a lot more. Oh, and my IUI was completely unmedicated. We shall see....

Lovelymo79 - brown blood means old blood, and this could be implantation bleeding.Do you bleed in mid cycle?FX'd for you.

Lovelymo- that sounds hopeful!!! Good luck :)

Samoorah- there are always ways to improve sperm quality. If it were me, I would talk to my doctor and get their opinion, but also research lifestyle changes on my own. Doctors are very focused on the medical options.

Unfortunately my test was a BFN. Disappointed, of course, but it was only the first try with IUI. We're going to keep on keeping on. I'm also had my tsh tested, and I'm following up with a hematologist. I've had polycythemia (high red blood cell counts) for the past 3 years.

We went out last night for tww sin night and threw caution to the wind- sushi, sake, stayed up late. Felt really good, in a really wrong sort of way. I believe I have to take pleasure where and when I can, or this whole thing would crush me.

xanzaba - Sorry for your BFN.Which day it is?Does polycythemia affect TTC?I too have slightly elevated level of red blood cells.

xanzaba - Sorry for your BFN.Which day it is?Does polycythemia affect TTC?I too have slightly elevated level of red blood cells.

How high is your hematocrit/hemoglobin? Generally, high red blood cell count is not considered dangerous. For 6 months they told me I was dehydrated. If you do have something, the solution is generally to donate blood.

There are two types of polycythemia- polycythemia vera, or primary polycythemia, and secondary polycythemia. Polycythemia vera does cause pregnancy problems, but is very rare in people younger than 60.

For secondary polycythemia, it depends what is causing it. A couple of years ago, I had a whole work up for polycythemia because I was having bone pain and they could not find anything except high hematocrit/hemoglobin. I was tested for polycythemia vera, which is usually caused by a genetic mutation, and I don't have the mutation. For secondary, they test for a whole bunch of things including fibroids. They couldn't find a cause of my polycythemia and, after a blood donation, my hematocrit was down to 44%, the lowest ever. They check your platelet count, and mine has always been low/normal. They could do a bone marrow biopsy, but since it is so invasive and my hematocrit had generally been only moderately high (usually around 50%, up to 54%) they haven't done it. They told me it was probably caused by stress and not to worry anymore.

However, on a routine blood test my hematocrit is back up to 49%, hemoglobin 16, so I think it's worth watching. Fortunately there is a doctor here that is an expert on polycythemia, so I'm trying to get an appointment with him. I also scheduled a blood donation for next Wednesday in the meantime.

Lovelymo79 - brown blood means old blood, and this could be implantation bleeding.Do you bleed in mid cycle?FX'd for you.

No, I only bleed right before my period. It's due Wednesday so I would expect to begin spotting on Tuesday. But this spotting is more brown and not as much. I dunno...not gonna really read into it until I get an official BFP.

lovelymo - sounds promising :)

dunno the date of the IUI yet. will get more info tomorrow from the next follie check. FX the smaller one caught up and I have 2 good ones for it!

I'm going to go ahead and do the IUI and if it does not work, I'm going to book a trip to Amman, Jordan and get the IVF done there, no waiting list nothing.. I have family there, and I know the country well. The cost for IVF ICSI is between $1600 and $3500. Very cheap if I wanted to do it here its going to cost me over $10,000 dollars. Overall cost trip to Jordanand staying at my husbands sister house which is furnished and vacant. Whole trip would cost us roughly 5 grand. Already trying to talk to my resources down there.

I had my iui today. It was quick and easy. The numbers were 38 mil and 63% motility post wash. Now the tww begins... :coffee:

ttcmoon when are you testing? Did you use a trigger shot?

Lovelymo that really does sound promising! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks, River54 !

Samoorah, wow! Well, if you can financially swing it, see family and get that BFP, go for it! FX for you!

Livia, congrats on the IUI. Sounds promising! FX back at ya!

AFM: the spotting has become very scant and basically gone. No cramping at all. So, I will see what happens next!

Xanzaba,
I hear you. I got a bfn 12dpiui today.
I'm enjoying a glass of wine as I type this.

Hopefully there will be some gals on here with bfps!

:thumbup:

So POAS today at 10dpiui and not surprisingly, BFN. Not thinking I'll be one of the lucky ones getting a BFP later. Just got that feeling. I'll try again in 3 days if AF isn't here. *sigh*

Lovely- if that was just implantation, it may be 2 or 3 more days before you can get a bfp from the hcg. Might be you do not have enough for the tests to detect a pregnancy yet but keep your chin up.

lovely- its too soon. My friend didn't get a BFP until AFTER AF was due, and from being on here for awhile- there is definitely a range of BFP from 10PO to 14DPO. Keep your head up, you just never know. Test again in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->