IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Hi everyone wanted to say Hii and I'm doing ok.. We're close to getting our IUI done I'm nervous and hoping it would work so I wouldn't have to do IVF... Tomorrow I go in for the baseline to check and see if there's any cyst on my ovaries, tomorrow will be day 5 of my cycle.. And will start clomid and injectibles. This is my first time, ladies when your done taking clomid what happens after ? you go in for ultrasound to check the follies how many times just one day? Or everyday till you ovulate? Wanted to see your experiences with IUI before the actual IUI procedure.. Ladies sending :dust: your way!!!

Hey sam your doing it slightly different to me as I'm not taking clomid just the injectables I start taking my meds in about an hour! So this is my first iui tpp and today is cyvle day 2 for me so different starting regime to yours. I go in for a scan next week on cycle day 10 and go from there. They will monitor the size and number of follicles and advise whether to increase/decrease meds etc and tell me when to go in for iui and perhaps a date for another scan before iui. Really hoping you get your bfp, good luck!

@samoorah1983 for me I had to go in on Day 12 for an ultrasound then go back once I got a positive OPK. But for this coming insemination, she said we didnt need to that as everything looked to be timed correctly.

Hi everyone wanted to say Hii and I'm doing ok.. We're close to getting our IUI done I'm nervous and hoping it would work so I wouldn't have to do IVF... Tomorrow I go in for the baseline to check and see if there's any cyst on my ovaries, tomorrow will be day 5 of my cycle.. And will start clomid and injectibles. This is my first time, ladies when your done taking clomid what happens after ? you go in for ultrasound to check the follies how many times just one day? Or everyday till you ovulate? Wanted to see your experiences with IUI before the actual IUI procedure.. Ladies sending :dust: your way!!!

For the first IUI, I went in for the baseline cd2, then took meds cd3-7, and then they wanted to see me on cd9 to check on the follies. Because of the size of them, I didn't have to take any more meds, but had the option of doing bloodwork everyday or opks. I chose bloodwork, and because of the results, they had me come in again on cd 12 to check the follies, and trigger me.
For the second (current) IUI, pretty much the same thing happened. Though no bloodwork, just went in on cd9 then cd 11, did an opk test in office which was neg, and they decided to trigger me the next day (cd12).

samoorah1983-I took tamoxifen instead of clomid (they act the same) on CD 3-7. Had a vag ultrasound and bloodwork on both CD 12+13 to check follicle size and LH. Trigger shot on CD 14 and IUI on CD 15. Then I went back on CD 21 to get progesterone checked (bloodwork). Best of Luck!!!

My doctor said two more tries with Clomid then I have to go to injectibles, WHat does this mean?

Just a different kind of medication. They are alot more $ than clomid, and you have to inject yourself with it. They have better success rates as well.

My doctor said two more tries with Clomid then I have to go to injectibles, WHat does this mean?

My doctor recommended injectables after a few negative IUI's. It was optional. We weren't comfortable with injectables, so we're continuing with clomid/iui.

It's all totally your choice. Ask lots of questions and do what feels right for you.

Good luck.
:hugs:

I've been taking clomid on cd2 for 5 days. Then on the 10th day I go for a scan. I usually have 1-2 follicles total. Then the next day (usually) I do the trigger shot at night. 2 days later we go in for the iui.
I hope this helps.

Good luck:hugs:

ttcmoon- Thanks for making me feel normal (well, as normal as I can be...). :flower: I'm glad I'm not alone! Have you done acupuncture before? It sounds like things are getting exciting with you! When do you move in to the new home? Hiring an interior designer sounds fun!! What do you do for work? 12 hr days would get draining! Are you planing to wait for 14dpiui to test? In my opinion no symptoms = good. Every time I've had symptoms, it's meant nothing so I'm keepin my fx for you!

Hi dear, no one is alone here.All on same boat actually :) TTC is draining but its ok if friends like you are around :) :hugs:
I never tried acupuncture but wish to start.I heard a lot about it.
We are planning to move by Jan.Now we are getting the keys and can start interior.Then we need to do puja (Worship as per time given in Hindu book), after that we can move.Planning to do the puja in Dec.Once interior designer is hired wood works will start :) I am so excited!!!
I work as a software Engineer.Call with UK/US happens either in our evening or their evening time.So both parties need to strech after office hours to give hand overs.
No symptoms have never been good for me.Each time I thought this is the cycle it never turned to be mine.But still I am hoping high this time :) I will be testing on 27th (16 DPIUI) as told by my doc.

Just a different kind of medication. They are alot more $ than clomid, and you have to inject yourself with it. They have better success rates as well.

You need to inject by yourself?How can all be trained to inject?I go to the clinic daily to take injection.Only a trained nurse/doctor can give it.

I tried many clomid only cycles.But never did IUI with it.All were timed BD cycles.Clomid makes my uterine linin thinner, so we switched to tamoxifen.
I go to doctor on day2 for checking cysts.Then from day 2- 5 I take tamoxifen.Then antral check on day 8.And injections start.I take HMG 150IU (not daily).In every 2 days growth of follicles are monitored along with linin.I have PCOS so I myself tend to ovulate later in the cycle.Injectibles make me ovulate early.IUI is not painful but a bit uncomfortable.With injectibles cost is higher so the success rate.FX'd for you.

I hope you get your rainbow soon and never need to move to IVF.

Ladies thank you for the replies and support... I will let you know what happens with me tomorrow and we shall see... :dust:

So now my AF is gone, it only lasted one day. Is this normal? I took Clomid and Estrogen last cycle.

You need to inject by yourself?How can all be trained to inject?I go to the clinic daily to take injection.Only a trained nurse/doctor can give it.

It is pretty easy. It is a pen made specifically for self injection. I found a you-tube video of pretty much the same meds I am taking if you are wondering how it is done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk2Dy6iBSl0

The hcg trigger shot, I let them administer. They asked if I wanted to learn and do it myself, but I prefer not to mix stuff etc, so I go in only for that one.

lamago- It does feel good to have a mental health break. I did 3 IUI's in a row and would've done IVF right after if I could've timed things right, but I'm glad I had to take this month off. Hopefully the next clomid cycle works so you don't have to worry about injectables! I did one cycle with injectables but it wasn't bad at all! But like others have said, make sure to ask all the questions you need to feel comfortable with the game plan.

Samoorah- How was your baseline scan today? What did your docs tell you about the follow-up scans? I had just one u/s for my first 2 IUIs, I had 2 with my last one. I checked opk's to check for ovulation after my scans.

ttcmoon- You are right- it is good to have friends like you all to help! That is so exciting about your home! Yay! :happydance: Hope everything goes smoothly. I see why you have to work such long hours being a software engineer - do you get more days off to make up for it? 16dpiui is so loong! But definitely should give you a positive if it worked so no worries about false negatives. It is good that you are remaining hopeful. My acupuncturist says that when we try not to let our hopes up by telling ourselves it didn't work, or it probably means nothing, etc that we are being counter-productive and telling the universe we are not ready for a baby. So I am trying to have a better attitude about things - why not me? why not this cycle? So good work on the positive attitude!

AFM- I had a bad day. I just found out ANOTHER friend of mine is pregnant with her second. Her first just turned a year old a few months ago. I remember thinking that surely I would have my lil one before she had her second... boy was I wrong! :nope: I did have a good cry on my way home for work but was able to get out of the funk within a few minutes. Definitely progress for me. I'm just really ready for my turn!! Hopefully in 6 weeks it will be!!

Hope all you ladies are doing well! I may or may not sit this cycle out, depending on if I get back in time to do an iui. I'm just looking forward to traveling and visiting my family next week!

Hiiii my baseline was good today no cyst!! Yaaayy!!! FS put me on 100 mg clomid, CD 5-9.. Did an u/s for ovaries the LEFT side I had 8 follicles measuring at 5mm. The RIGHT side I had 7 follicles measuring at 5mm as well. Wants me to come in for an ultrasound on Thursday and maybe trigger me and IUI on Friday.. That's what he said but I don't understand how an i trigger on Thursday and IUI on Friday? Anyone?

I get triggered the day before. They trigger me in the morning, and schedule the IUI after work the following day. They say 24-36 hours is ideal, so there is sperm waiting for the egg ready.

Yay for good baseline!

Hatethewait, I'm sorry u had a bad day. I had the same thing happen with a few Facebook friends. I just try to remind myself over and over that I'm next. Like you said why not! Fx for the next 6 weeks.

lamago- It does feel good to have a mental health break. I did 3 IUI's in a row and would've done IVF right after if I could've timed things right, but I'm glad I had to take this month off. Hopefully the next clomid cycle works so you don't have to worry about injectables! I did one cycle with injectables but it wasn't bad at all! But like others have said, make sure to ask all the questions you need to feel comfortable with the game plan.

Samoorah- How was your baseline scan today? What did your docs tell you about the follow-up scans? I had just one u/s for my first 2 IUIs, I had 2 with my last one. I checked opk's to check for ovulation after my scans.

ttcmoon- You are right- it is good to have friends like you all to help! That is so exciting about your home! Yay! :happydance: Hope everything goes smoothly. I see why you have to work such long hours being a software engineer - do you get more days off to make up for it? 16dpiui is so loong! But definitely should give you a positive if it worked so no worries about false negatives. It is good that you are remaining hopeful. My acupuncturist says that when we try not to let our hopes up by telling ourselves it didn't work, or it probably means nothing, etc that we are being counter-productive and telling the universe we are not ready for a baby. So I am trying to have a better attitude about things - why not me? why not this cycle? So good work on the positive attitude!

AFM- I had a bad day. I just found out ANOTHER friend of mine is pregnant with her second. Her first just turned a year old a few months ago. I remember thinking that surely I would have my lil one before she had her second... boy was I wrong! :nope: I did have a good cry on my way home for work but was able to get out of the funk within a few minutes. Definitely progress for me. I'm just really ready for my turn!! Hopefully in 6 weeks it will be!!

thanks for your kind support dear.we do not get extra offs for long hours,just part of the job.on weekends i need to carry support laptop and mobile for supporting production.I work for an international bank.so support is essential.I do get allowance and sometimes compensatory off.I am going to test on Sunday,getting af like pain,not sure what to expect

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->