IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Hi ladies- hope I can join. Pretty sure hubby and I just failed our 3rd iui w/ clomid. I'm 13dpiui and got a bfn this morning. So frustrated! I think we are moving on to an injectables/iui cycle at least 1 or2 before moving on to IVF. I have PCOS and dh has below average count and motility. This 3rd iui his count was 8 mil and motility was 44%. I had two follicles 20 & 18mm. Well off to work ill check back later and try to read back and see where everyone is in their ttc journey!

Kaylen, how much for iui? I pay 656 including the blood tests and ultrasounds.

$300 for IUI
$200 for Sperm processing
$200 per each ultrasound (should be 2)
$400 for meds
$1300 total unless insurance covers the meds or any other stuff.

Your price is a lot better! Are you in the USA? My blood tests are covered by insurance but I am not sure about the ultrasounds.

ttcmoon - thank you for all the support. I see ivf on your siggy - did you go in for a consult?

IUI for us is $400 (which includes however many ultrasounds they deem necessary), meds were $525 (gonal + letrozole) + $85 for the trigger. Regardless that we are in Canada, nothing fertility seems to be covered by the normal health insurance. We do have extended coverage through work which is supposed to cover fertility meds up to $5000 lifetime... sent the claim in, haven't heard back yet though. But nothing for the procedure.

I did test yesterday and today, and they were bfn, so I know the trigger is gone now. This tww, seems to go on forever!

March312-Welcome!

Lovelymo-enjoy the peace of mind with this month off ;)

River54-still stalking you and hoping for that BFP!

vkj73-how did the scan go?

xanzaba-that's good news! Baby dust!

ttcmoon-with the job switch I'll start a new insurance that covers infertility treatments. That doesn't kick in until Dec, when we'll go back to IUI for a couple of cycles, so we're on our own until then. I took tamoxifen CD 3-9 and have been using the OPKs and CBFM to time BD and O. Neither of them have shown anything. I haven't been good about temping this month and the past two days my temps have been high so I don't know if I already O'd or if it's because we have more blankets on the bed. Aargh.

Hi today is CD 10 and there was red streaks in my cm it was clear and stretchy.. Is it possible i would ovulate early?

Took clomid 100mg 5-9 and IUI was supposed to be Friday as doctor said?
I called in the clinic and told them what happened I'm waiting for them to call me and see what the doctor is going to say.

Anyone experienced that before?

Hi ladies! I've been way MIA...life took me on a very long wild roller coaster ride the last month or so. Took me a while to get back into the swing of things after my grandmother's death, but the clouds are lifting. I've been keeping up with you ladies when I can though!! IUI #2 didnt work last cycle :growlmad:...but I really didn't think it was given how I had seemed to show signs of surging prior to my follie check ultrasound. My RE claims timing was still good...but I know my body pretty well, and it disagreed :nope:. I took Prometrium for the first time last cycle and it worked well while I was taking it, but boy did I have a hard time coming off of it!!!!!! It made me a moody, irritated, agitated, angry you know what!! Not looking forward to that experience again :dohh:! So I started IUI#3 last week and we decided to try an all injectible cycle. Well went in for my baseline last Monday (having already given myself a 200iu dose of my Follistim the night before) only to find a 19mm cyst...ugh. He probably should have benched me but he decided to proceed with 10mg of Letrozole days 4-8. Was to have my follie check this Monday, and of course got a positive OPK Saturday cd 9...you've got to be kidding me! So called the on call doc, he did an ultrasound on Sunday to find nothing but fluid on my right side, and my cyst now 27mm...put a pin in me, I'm done. So insemination was canceled, resorted to a "do it the old fashioned way" cycle. So now just waiting. My temps seem to be confirming I actually did ovulate that early, and that it wasn't a false positive. So we shall see.

That's what's been going on with me in a nutshell! Hope all are doing well, so sorry for any BFN's...here's to hoping the next one is the keeper! And for all of those waiting...FX'ed!!!

Curni- Good to hear form you, was wondering how you've been. Sorry to hear about the cyst, so frustrating. Hope it clears up soon and you can try injectables again. Maybe you will get lucky on this natural cycle.:winkwink:

ttcmoon- So sorry to hear about your BFN! :hugs: Are you going to meet with your fs to discuss options? I hope you do not have to join me in the world of IVF. I hope this next IUI is a sticky lil bean. In the meantime, enjoy your new house and have fun making it beautiful!

vk- That is a good idea to take a half day off work for your scan. Did it help with the stress of it all? How'd the scan go? Did you have your acupuncture today? How was it? Fx for you this cycle!

xanzaba- 3 follies for a natural cycle! OMG! That's crazy! But if multiples run in the family that definitely makes sense. I thought you were doing natural cycle - what are you stimming with? Let's hope one of them makes a sticky lil bean.

nolababy- Any sign of ovulation? How long are your cycles normally? I have longer cycles (30-33 days ave) and didn't ovulate until CD19 so hopefully you are nearly there!

lamago- My hubby's initial semen analysis came back great but with each IUI his counts have decreased, but his motility increased. So many things can affect those lil guys. My clinic never gives me a morphology number so I have no idea what his is.

March- Hi! So sorry to hear about your failed IUI! :hugs: When I failed my 3rd IUI, my heart ached. I hope injectables are a good answer for you.

River- Good luck with the rest of your wait. Any promising symptoms?

samoorah- Not sure what to make of the red streaks. What did your doc say?

Curni- Great to hear your update. So sorry to hear about your grandma's passing. And sorry IUI #2 didn't work :hugs: :hugs: And geez, IUI #3 got off to a rocky start! You overdue for something to work out! Perhaps a natural BFP in the making?? :thumbup:

AFM- I met with my fs today and got the game plan finalized for IVF. Now just waiting for AF and secretly hoping she doesn't ever show (at least for 9 more months). However, I expect she'll show her ugly face around 11/6 and then the fun will begin. Hope you all don't mind me hanging out here even though I'm no longer doing IUIs. I can root for you all in silence, too. :hugs: :dust:

Just been cramping for the past couple days. bbs are starting to get sore. Today my temp went up a bit again :) Been trying to drink alot of water to help my body along :)

Hi ladies,
My scan yesterday was too early to tell...
I'm going back in Thursday. This happened one other time.

I'm thinking about skipping the trigger this time. Maybe even the iui and just doing timed conception.

I really liked my new acupuncture place today. So switching it up sounds refreshing; second scan, timed conception and another round of acupuncture on Monday.

We shall see...

Only "the guy" upstairs knows:hugs:

Thanks guys! Temp has been up since this weekend, so looks like I did ovulate this weekend. It was so early though! I'm pretty sure I surged around the same time last cycle too?! Gonna have to slow my doc down and request a sit down so we can figure all of this out. From what i've read it isnt necessarily a great thing when your body ovulates that early...egg quality can be compromised and lining not thick enough (which mine was on the thin side). But of course he keeps his positive attitude and says that everything is good, and timing was good. NOT!! I know I've read some posts about a drug they can give you to delay your surge...but can't remember what it is? So who knows, but it's time for a clothes on, feet not in the stirrups sit down at the desk with my chart in front of you kinda meeting :growlmad:!

Welcome to all the new ladies...love how it's gotten so busy here...excited for all of us to get our good news :flower:!

@hatethewait I hope you do stick around!

Sigh for how long the months are!

Still no +opk or cbfm and my temps are still in the high 98s. I'm so mad that I forgot to temp earlier in my cycle. I really think I already O'd and it wasn't caught. Only able to BD on CD 8 and 15. Everything I've read about the drugs says you'll O around CD12-17. So aggravated.

River54-I'm just going to keep posting baby dust to you every time I post:) So hopeful for you this month.

Hatethewait85-there's still a week of hope left. Like above, I'm going to keep posting baby dust for you:) And you better stick with us when you move to IVF!! We started this journey together. I'm probably only a couple months from IVF as well.

xanzaba-soo hopeful that at least one of those 3 beans stick!

samoorah-I don't know what to think about that. What did the dr say?

Curni-glad you're back with us! And I hope this cycle is a BFP.

Sorry if I'm leaving anybody out! Please know that I am sending baby thoughts to our whole group!!

Samoorah - Wow!BD time for you :)

nolababy - Timing BD as per OV date is difficult and stressful.I hope you do not miss the days.Are you doing IUI this time?

lamago - My hubby has got low morphology issues.Sperms get verymuch affected by stress and life style.My DH is having loads of pressure these days and his morphology values are going down - 20% (last year) to 5% this year.But we got 12% once as well.So it depends.Men can replenish their reserve in every 3 months so looks like your DH is having stress/lifestyle issues.I would suggest avoid alchohol,do some strength training,drink more water,avoid tight under wears.My DH is taking tablets Paternia and CarniQ.

ging - True nothing is in our hands.So let's pray and wait.

Kaylen - are you doing injectible cycle?

River - Did you test today?All the best!

VKJ - I hope accupuncture gives you some break from the stress.TTC seems to be like my 2nd job.It needs so much dedication!

anny - How are you doing?

Thanks ladies for your kind support!Means a lot.

still waiting to get some gud news....this is my 7 day after IUI..so waiting for more 7 days

I am right here with you in the tww....trying to keep my mind busy on other things.

I have an acupuncture appt soon.

Just been cramping for the past couple days. bbs are starting to get sore. Today my temp went up a bit again :) Been trying to drink alot of water to help my body along :)

Thats great :thumb up: same thing happening with me and i m getting tried after doing little work...please keep update when are you going to test I tested today in the noon I got BFN may be its too early...it is 7 days after my IUI.

FX'ed!!!

I am right here with you in the tww....trying to keep my mind busy on other things.

I have an acupuncture appt soon.

:thumbup::thumbup:I am too keeping my mind busy..but some time I become nervous that what will be happen..hope it will be positive...after trying so long it breaking my hope :happydance:
Fx'ed..!!!!

vk- Good luck tomorrow! I hope the scan looks beautiful! Why are you thinking of skipping the trigger and IUI? Glad the new acupuncturist went well, too. I've only gone twice but I think I like it.

curni- I've read that, too. From what I've seen it's not good to have the follicles get big too soon or they may not be "mature" or good quality. I agree you should sit down and meet with your doc to discuss. Or get a second opinion if he maintains "all is good" feelings on things. There are drugs they can give to delay ovulating - cetrotide is the one I'm taking during my IVF, but I think ganirelex is the other one. Good luck!!

lamago- Thanks :flower: The days sure do drag on! Especially when we are always waiting for something... O or BFP/AF!

nola- Thanks :flower: I hope you didn't miss your O!! This whole process gets quite frustrating. But even if you did O earlier, you did get some BD-ing in and it only takes one so hopefully one of those swimmers found it's egg! I hope IVF is not in your future, too.

Thats great :thumb up: same thing happening with me and i m getting tried after doing little work...please keep update when are you going to test I tested today in the noon I got BFN may be its too early...it is 7 days after my IUI.

FX'ed!!!

Definately VERY early!! Plenty of time for that to turn into a BFP :thumbup:! FX'ed crossed and loads and loads of baby dust coming your way!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->