IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

samoorah- How's it going? Are you still feeling bloated and sore? I don't remember feeling anything after my IUI's so hopefully that's a good sign since none of mine worked!

Kismet- KMFX! I hope this cycle works for you.

vk- Are you sure they didn't check your progesterone too soon? If you had just ovulated a day or two before your appointment your progesterone level would be low when they tested! I've heard plenty of women on here do natural IUI's so I'm sure your doc would be up for it. It's good to give your body a break from all those drugs anyway!

Shawna - Fx for you! You had great eggs for your IUI this cycle!

anny-Sorry to hear about your neg test today. What day are you on again? Hopefully it's just too soon! There is always hope until the :witch: arrives!

curni- Thanks! I definitely am hoping for a surprise BFP but am soo ready for IVF if it comes to that. The progesterone injections are much cheaper because they are a generic medication and the supps are brand name only so they cost A LOT more. My insurance company doesn't cover either of them unless I am actually pregnant so I may be able to get the supps paid for if the IVF works so I will probably switch to that when I can. That's great that yours were only $15! I am super jealous! I am not looking forward to hubby poking me rump twice a day. Glad you got good progesterone results today! I hope the rest of your 2ww flies by. So weird about the cyst/follicle - lets hope your regular doctor is right.

Kaylen- Sounds like you are getting in a lot of good bd-ing. How long are your cycles normally? I had a natural cycle this month too and I didn't ovulate until CD19/20. Are you using OPK's? Hope the CM is a good sign your body is getting geared up to O soon.

Summer- :hugs: So sorry you had to cancel your IUI... If you can get to my fs she'd do it for you! I had 5 follicles (and lots of other smaller ones) for my last IUI (letrozole + follistim) and she still went ahead with it. She did mention concern with triplets but alas I couldn't even walk away with one! Good luck with your decision - it is definitely a tough one!! Why would you have to wait until Feb??

AFM- I had a pretty rotten start to my day. I just found out my lil sister is pregnant and I'm pretty sure she managed to do it while on BCP! I didn't ask for the details but based on what she told me I do not think this was planned at all. She is still in college, hasn't found a job for when she graduates, is planning a summer wedding, and is just planning to "go on assistance" if she doesn't line up a job by then. I pretty much cried the entire way to work. As happy as I am for her I am just as sad for me. How can people say it will happen when the time is right when so many babies come at the wrong time for so many people!!! :nope: I know I sound like a brat and I'm sorry for bringing the negativity around here. I just had to vent a little and I know no one else could possibly understand at all. Please don't judge me :blush: I feel better now that it is off my chest.

Normally I get my positive OPK on day 19. Today is cd 18 for me and I tested when I got home from work and it was a very dark positive. So it is right on time again! I was feeling ovulation pain on the left side all day today and kind of knew it was happening but it is nice to confirm.

Hatethewait- sorry to hear of the news about your sister! I would def feel the same way if my sister got preg right now. It's just not fair! I have my friends baby shower at the end of this month. Really hoping I get a bfp before I have to go, otherwise I will be sort of a mess. I'm hoping you don't have to do ivf but if you do I'm looking forward to hearing about your experiences.. As I may end up there in the near future.

Summer- sorry your cycle was cancelled

bfn on the beta blood test, so I know I am out this cycle. Onto IUI #3 when af finally arrives...

summer - so sorry you had to cancel. My fs was actually looking for 3-4 follies for the last IUI cycle and was disappointed I did not respond well and only had 2. I guess everyone's fs has a different approach on it.

HateTheWait - sorry that that happened to you :hugs: When do you get to start your ivf cycle? Sounds exciting!

I just got confirmed bfn today, and an invite to another work baby shower :( I'll go, but each one seems to be harder and harder to go to the longer we've been trying. I am happy for her, she has been trying for a couple years as well, but seriously...more than half the female members in the office pregnant or just had a baby in the last year...there is 1 other female coworker within childbearing age now besides me, and she doesn't want/can't have? kids. sorry for the rant...

I hope there is some BFPs on this thread soon!

Hi Dears,

Sorry I could not check this thread for last few days as I went to my SIL's place for vacation.I hope you all are doing great.I am yet to read the thread fully, once I do so I would give response individually.
This is CD7 for me, went for scan and had 4 small follicles 11,10.5 at right side and 10,10 at left side.I will be visiting on thursday for CD9 scan again.My linin is 6.3.Let's see if this is my cycle.

Kaylen - great news on the positive OPK!! Happy BD'ing time :happydance:!! My DH had to warm up to the idea of IUI as well, he wasn't sold at first. But with him being 43 and me 40, he realized we probably needed some assistance. Hoping this natural cycle is it for you guys though!!

Summer - My fs is also shooting for 4 eggs for an ideal IUI cycle. I think alot of that has to do with our ages though...the older you are the older your eggs probably are, so more follies increases the chances of one good one, not necessarily 4 good ones. For younger ladies they seem to be more cautious about the number they will proceed with. So have you guys decided on how you are going to proceed?? How old are you if you don't mind my asking?

Hatethewait - so sorry about the sister situation. I totally understand what you're feeling, and it's all very normal :hugs:. We work so hard to maximize our chances watching what we eat, how we exercise, supplements we take, crazy positions we assume after BD'ing, alternative therapies, being poked and prodded multiple times a month by all kinds of foreign objects, do this, don't do that...and not to mention the hormonal roller coasters and depleted savings accounts. Then to see it happen when it's no where near ideal, can be utterly heartbreaking. Please know you can always feel safe venting here...nobody understands quite like we do :hugs:.

River - so sorry about the BFN :hugs:. Hoping third time's the charm for you!!

ttcmoon - hope you had a wonderful vacation and got some much needed RnR!! Sounds like you have the makings of some great looking follies and lining! Fx'ed this is it for you :thumbup:!

Nothing exciting on my end...just sittin here twiddlin my thumbs waiting for Monday to come so I can test :coffee:. Hope you ladies are having a wonderful day :flower:.

samoorah- How's it going? Are you still feeling bloated and sore? I don't remember feeling anything after my IUI's so hopefully that's a good sign since none of mine worked!

vk- Are you sure they didn't check your progesterone too soon? If you had just ovulated a day or two before your appointment your progesterone level would be low when they tested! I've heard plenty of women on here do natural IUI's so I'm sure your doc would be up for it. It's good to give your body a break from all those drugs anyway!

anny-Sorry to hear about your neg test today. What day are you on again? Hopefully it's just too soon! There is always hope until the :witch: arrives!

curni- Thanks! I definitely am hoping for a surprise BFP but am soo ready for IVF if it comes to that. The progesterone injections are much cheaper because they are a generic medication and the supps are brand name only so they cost A LOT more. My insurance company doesn't cover either of them unless I am actually pregnant so I may be able to get the supps paid for if the IVF works so I will probably switch to that when I can. That's great that yours were only $15! I am super jealous! I am not looking forward to hubby poking me rump twice a day. Glad you got good progesterone results today! I hope the rest of your 2ww flies by. So weird about the cyst/follicle - lets hope your regular doctor is right.

Kaylen- Sounds like you are getting in a lot of good bd-ing. How long are your cycles normally? I had a natural cycle this month too and I didn't ovulate until CD19/20. Are you using OPK's? Hope the CM is a good sign your body is getting geared up to O soon.

Summer- :hugs: So sorry you had to cancel your IUI... If you can get to my fs she'd do it for you! I had 5 follicles (and lots of other smaller ones) for my last IUI (letrozole + follistim) and she still went ahead with it. She did mention concern with triplets but alas I couldn't even walk away with one! Good luck with your decision - it is definitely a tough one!! Why would you have to wait until Feb??

AFM- I had a pretty rotten start to my day. I just found out my lil sister is pregnant and I'm pretty sure she managed to do it while on BCP! I didn't ask for the details but based on what she told me I do not think this was planned at all. She is still in college, hasn't found a job for when she graduates, is planning a summer wedding, and is just planning to "go on assistance" if she doesn't line up a job by then. I pretty much cried the entire way to work. As happy as I am for her I am just as sad for me. How can people say it will happen when the time is right when so many babies come at the wrong time for so many people!!! :nope: I know I sound like a brat and I'm sorry for bringing the negativity around here. I just had to vent a little and I know no one else could possibly understand at all. Please don't judge me :blush: I feel better now that it is off my chest.

Normally I get my positive OPK on day 19. Today is cd 18 for me and I tested when I got home from work and it was a very dark positive. So it is right on time again! I was feeling ovulation pain on the left side all day today and kind of knew it was happening but it is nice to confirm.

Hi all is good.. Yesterday @ 2 dpiui I was so gassy (tmi!!) and crampy , lower backaches and had super twinges in my left side ovary,it was like stabbing type of feeling it went on for a good half an hour then subsided... Woke up this morning with a slight headache went away.. Feeling ok so far no symptoms.. I must be going nuts because I'm pretty much like writing down every symptom that approaches me!!! Ahhh! The crazy talk Lool!!! Hope it works out!!

How are you doing? Hope all is well? Sending lots of :dust:!!

Hi curni :hi:
I just turned 32. My fs did say if I were older, or had been on iui #10 or something she'd be more inclined to continue the cycle. But since I had a bfp with 1 follicle in March/April she was afraid 4 would be too high risk.

I've stopped meds, no trigger this month, and will try opks and TI until ovulation. If it happens naturally ill deal with the potential for multiples when the time comes :)

kaylen- Yay for O! Fx!

March- Thanks for understanding. Baby showers definitely get harder the longer you try to make your own don't they?! I sure hope you get your BFP before the end of the month. I'll keep my fx extra for you! Still waiting on AF but I will definitely share my experiences with IVF!

River- :hugs: So sorry IUI#2 didn't work. Hope AF makes her appearance quickly so you can get started on the next one. Do you plan to make any adjustments to your protocol? Thanks for understanding my venting. I have such a hard time with baby showers too so your rant is totally acceptable! I agree on the BFP, this thread is overdue for one!

ttcmoon- Hope you had a nice vacation. 4 follicles sounds like a great number! I hope this is your cycle. Good luck!

curni- Thanks! You are totally right. It is hard to be reminded that it isn't this hard for everyone. Hope the last handful of days go by quickly and your 2ww ends with 2 beautiful lines!

samoorah- I don't remember having all of those symptoms after my IUI. Hopefully that's a good sign!

summer- Hopefully some well timed bd-ing will get you one sticky lil bean! Good luck!

AFM- Still no AF but I feel like she couldd be here any minute. Planning to test tomorrow am if no sign of her. It'll be 12dpo. Im not expecting two lines but I'm hoping for a miracle!

The fs called me today and told me about the negative test (I already knew since it is posted online) but they also said that because of my poor response to the meds for the last IUI, they recommend going to IVF. But, there are no spots available for this year, so we'd be looking at sometime in the early new year. I asked if I can be on that list and still do another IUI, and they said absolutely. So, I won't know what protocol/meds they'll have me do this cycle, they said they'd let me know when I come in for a baseline to make sure everything is quiet. And as for the IVF, that coordinator will call sometime to setup a consult? or something and go over what the process will be.
Right now, just waiting for af to arrive so I can get started on IUI#3!

You do not sound like a brat at all. That's tough news to take when you're LTTC. I know it would be hard if my sisters-in-law got pregnant right now (I don't have a sister). I'm glad you were able to cry it out a little. We know there is no justice as far as who gets a baby when. All we can do is cry and carry on and hope our turn will come. Hugs!!!:hugs:

No kidding. It would be hard for me too if my brother's wife got pregnant too. Just crying and hoping.

At iui now but my husbands sperm barely covered the bottom of the cup. Is this too little?

No kidding. It would be hard for me too if my brother's wife got pregnant too. Just crying and hoping.

At iui now but my husbands sperm barely covered the bottom of the cup. Is this too little?

Not sure how big the cup is, but I think that is normal. I think it is only supposed to be 2-3 ml (about a teaspoon)

lol, that is too funny bc I was giving my husband a hard time about it. He said he thought it was just supposed to be about a teaspoon!

The FS said that my husbands sperm was on ly 5% motility down from 34% last time. WHat!? She did the incemination before the ultrasound or sperm counts so I'm wondering if this is normal.

Hi Ladies! So much activity. It's great to see our group grow!

For the first time ever I got a :bfp: today!!! I almost couldn't believe my eyes! I still can't believe it-I have the test in a ziploc bag! I called my RE's office and went in for blood test. Blood test confirmed it: hCG 28.8, e2 203, and progesterone 32.88-all good. I have to go back on Friday to see if the hCG doubles. I'm trying not to worry and be positive that this bean will stick. I hope I can stay in the group because I want to see all your BFPs!!

:dust: to all of you!

For the first time ever I got a :bfp: today!!! I almost couldn't believe my eyes! I still can't believe it-I have the test in a ziploc bag! I called my RE's office and went in for blood test. Blood test confirmed it: hCG 28.8, e2 203, and progesterone 32.88-all good. I have to go back on Friday to see if the hCG doubles. I'm trying not to worry and be positive that this bean will stick. I hope I can stay in the group because I want to see all your BFPs!!

That is great news!congratulations and thanks for sharing. Was this an IUI cycle for you or natural?

Yay!!!! Congratulations hope we get our BFP soon!!!! Baby dust to us all!!!

Congrats!!! That is wonderful! Good luck with your next blood test Friday!

Congrats! Nobabyla. Tell me more about your journey. :happydance:

Oh man I'm having the weirdest ughhh burp (sorry!!) I always take the same vitamins they're 4 pills they're the brand from GNC the prenatals. I've always taken them.. Well today I'm 4 DPIUI and when I "burped" oh my god!! Nasty acid reflux!!! Could that be a symptom?!! Ahhh please be it !!!

So I'm getting obsessed with the number of follies I have. This round #2, my re didn't even bother doin an us. Can they see the egg one u ovulate bc she said I ovulated but I saw nothing on the screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->