IUIs 2014!!! Let's do this!!!

Hey All...

baby dust to all....

I'm not sure if this is the right thread bcoz I'm bumpin in with my question.. As u ladies have been through IUI u wud have a fair knowledge abt many of these things...
Wud be of gr8 help if someone can help me with some answers...

I've foraged the internet abt progesterone and everything abt it.. But is it actually possible to fall pregnant with less than 10 ng/ml of progesterone??.. I've got my CD21 serum progesterone tested for 2 cycles n its been constantly b/w 6-7ng/ml (my FE had not prescribed it, I got it done for curiosity sake). I believe it needs to be around 15 ng/ml for the implantation to happen. So my FE has prescribed me the prog. suppositories of 200mg per day. I'm just wondering if my prog issue is the one due to which I'm not able to fall pregnant all the while?.. I asked my FE but she says that it may not be "THE" reason.. thats it. But I'm still curious to know bcoz, though I took the suppositories this IUI cycle, AF arrived rite 14 days after the IUI. That means I got AF when I was still on the suppositories. Can this actually happen?.. I'm somewhat not getting to-the-point answers from my FE. Can anyone help me with ur answers?

I have been dx with mild endo (due to a seemingly 1.7x1.3cm endo cyst) otherwise unexplained.. To confirm endo, lap needs to be done, which my RE is not keen on... And, I read somewhere in a forum that IVF bypasses all the problems posed by endo!.. can that be true?..

Has anyone of you been through prog. issues or endometriosis before and found success through IUI?

So, out of the 10 eggs, 7 fertilized, 3 became embryos and 1 was viable at transfer. The one was about a day "behind" so the doc gave me a 20% chance...well it worked!! Beta was 45.8 on sunday (9dp5dt) and 117 today!! I can't believe it!

Congrats to all the BFPs. I am TTC #2 and on my 2nd round of IUI. My question is also about progesterone, namely Endometrin. I am 10dpiui and taking Endometrin in the am and pm. I was cramping last night like af was on her way. It was a constant ache in my uterus. What is the probability that this was from the progesterone and not a bfp.

Thanks for your message.
Congrats on your BFP. :flower:
Please share with me what changes you made to your life style :)

I have PCOS and thanks to it I am overweight, have been since I hit puberty. I've lost weight in the past and managed to keep some of it off, but this time I decided to work on lifestyle changes instead of weight loss.

I cut out all refined carbs, no white flour, sugar, or white potatoes. I don't count carbs or calories, I just try to eat healthy. Once in a while I let myself have a treat, but I don't do it everyday. My body doesn't deal well with the processed stuff and I've also greatly decreased boxed foods and tried to add more organic when I can. I cut out pop even though I only drank diet, and I would let myself have one once in a while until I found out I was pg. I also try to be more active but don't do a "fitness routine" but workout when I can and do extra stuff like I mow my neighbors lawn when I do mine because it gives me extra exercise and helps them out too.

My DH has low morphology and he quit drinking energy drinks and started taking his vitamins like he was told (it's a lot lol), he barely drinks pop as well and he used to drink a lot, and due to my healthier eating he's eating healthier as well. He doesn't need to lose weight, he needs to gain it and he actually is even though he consumes less sugar and probably calories.

That's really all I can figure as to why this happened. It still hasn't fixed my progesterone issue, we found out my level was low and I'm pretty upset because it puts my mc risk much higher, but I started on the medication and we will follow my labs and I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, eating right, getting exercise and staying away from all the bad stuff that could mess it up.

Sorry that was a lot :wacko:

Thanks so much for replying! Husband and I have made similar changes too. He's on a ton of vitamins and antioxidants. He's cut back on smoking a lot. I've gone of booze and stopped smoking too. Hardly any sodas...just trying to eat right.

*SIGHHHH!*
All these changes are worth it though, hope it pays off soon!
Hope everything is going well with you!

Hey All...

baby dust to all....

I'm not sure if this is the right thread bcoz I'm bumpin in with my question.. As u ladies have been through IUI u wud have a fair knowledge abt many of these things...
Wud be of gr8 help if someone can help me with some answers...

I've foraged the internet abt progesterone and everything abt it.. But is it actually possible to fall pregnant with less than 10 ng/ml of progesterone??.. I've got my CD21 serum progesterone tested for 2 cycles n its been constantly b/w 6-7ng/ml (my FE had not prescribed it, I got it done for curiosity sake). I believe it needs to be around 15 ng/ml for the implantation to happen. So my FE has prescribed me the prog. suppositories of 200mg per day. I'm just wondering if my prog issue is the one due to which I'm not able to fall pregnant all the while?.. I asked my FE but she says that it may not be "THE" reason.. thats it. But I'm still curious to know bcoz, though I took the suppositories this IUI cycle, AF arrived rite 14 days after the IUI. That means I got AF when I was still on the suppositories. Can this actually happen?.. I'm somewhat not getting to-the-point answers from my FE. Can anyone help me with ur answers?

I have been dx with mild endo (due to a seemingly 1.7x1.3cm endo cyst) otherwise unexplained.. To confirm endo, lap needs to be done, which my RE is not keen on... And, I read somewhere in a forum that IVF bypasses all the problems posed by endo!.. can that be true?..

Has anyone of you been through prog. issues or endometriosis before and found success through IUI?

I'm so sorry, I have no useful info to give you back regarding your questions. Hope you found answers.

So, out of the 10 eggs, 7 fertilized, 3 became embryos and 1 was viable at transfer. The one was about a day "behind" so the doc gave me a 20% chance...well it worked!! Beta was 45.8 on sunday (9dp5dt) and 117 today!! I can't believe it!

YAY!!!! Congrats!!!!! Best of luck to you. Stay happy and healthy!!! :flower:

Well here's an update about me:

Today, I am 6dpIUI. Obviously..too early to tell or notice anything, but I sure hope this is it. :)

On CD 13, my biggest follie was 1.89 x 2. The other two follies were still under 1.5 so my doctor decided to give me the trigger shot that day.

CD 13 - Trigger shot at 2.30 PM
CD 14 - IUI Round 1 at 2.30 PM
CD 15 - IUI Round 2 at 12.45 PM

I don't test till the 18th of September, so I'm going to just be patient with this one. I've conceived before with IUI so I am just going to pray and have faith.

Usually I only use 2 vials of Puregon, (which costs me an arm and a leg) but this time, I had to use 3. Our most expensive round yet....hope I see those double lines this month.

Hope you're all good and healthy!

Well here's an update about me:

Today, I am 6dpIUI. Obviously..too early to tell or notice anything, but I sure hope this is it. :)

On CD 13, my biggest follie was 1.89 x 2. The other two follies were still under 1.5 so my doctor decided to give me the trigger shot that day.

CD 13 - Trigger shot at 2.30 PM
CD 14 - IUI Round 1 at 2.30 PM
CD 15 - IUI Round 2 at 12.45 PM

I don't test till the 18th of September, so I'm going to just be patient with this one. I've conceived before with IUI so I am just going to pray and have faith.

Usually I only use 2 vials of Puregon, (which costs me an arm and a leg) but this time, I had to use 3. Our most expensive round yet....hope I see those double lines this month.

Hope you're all good and healthy!

Good luck this round.

So af came for me, has cd3 blood work and u/s on Sat, started 200 units of Gonal F for 3 nights, tomorrow more b/w. This will be our 3rd round. I am scratching my head since we conceived on our 1st IUI last year. I had 3 great follies last round, dh's numbers were great. RE said it's a 20% chance per cycle. I hope this time it works. have added acupuncture this round as it helped last year when we got our bfp.

I sure hope both of you ladies get your bfp's this time!! I'll be stalking to see!!

Jaan I can honestly say that those changes are worth it and I'm so glad my DH got on board because initially he wasn't, when the doc gave us the list of things he needed to take and what he needed to cut out he just didn't believe it would help and hated taking pills, now he takes more than me!! I already didn't smoke and only drank a few times a year, but the dietary changes I made were huge but worth it!!

I sure hope both of you ladies get your bfp's this time!! I'll be stalking to see!!

Jaan I can honestly say that those changes are worth it and I'm so glad my DH got on board because initially he wasn't, when the doc gave us the list of things he needed to take and what he needed to cut out he just didn't believe it would help and hated taking pills, now he takes more than me!! I already didn't smoke and only drank a few times a year, but the dietary changes I made were huge but worth it!!

Congrats on the bfp!!

Moni how are you?? Thanks babywhisper!

Good. No headaches since Sat morning - I think cutting out the spicy food is helping with that.

I had my scan this morning - saw a picture perfect sac and yolk! Doc expects my numbers to be over 1000 with what he saw. He forgot to print us out a photo but promised to spoil us next week with photos. Go back next tues and hopefully will hear the heart beat!

How are you doing?

Moni, hoping and wishing you the best! :) How exciting!

I'm doing pretty good. Today I don't feel too pregnant though, breast tenderness is almost gone and have only had a slight wave of nausea. I'm trying not to be anxious about it but it is so hard!

I hope you get to see the heartbeat next week, it's so great!

so the beta was at 2469!! Progesterone was over 40 so I get to cut the injection back down to 1cc a day.

Just be lucky youfeel good cause that will prob change again...

The beta was at 2469!! Progesterone was over 40 so I get to cut the injection back down to 1cc a day. Back on the 16th for another scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->