I've broken my rib :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by kazharry, Jan 27, 2011.

1. kazharry

kazharry Well-Known Member

Fell getting out of the bath 2 weeks ago. Went to the docs and didn't think I had broken it but sneezed this morning and felt it go. Been back to the docs and he thinks I have broken it :( Just to take co codomol but not too near to giving birth as will make the baby sleepy. I'm due 5 weeks yesterday so hoping it heals before then! :(

2. mrs_park

mrs_park Mummy to THREE BOYS!

:hugs: you poor thing!

3. KatieB

KatieB Well-Known Member

Oh poor you, hope you feel lots better soon :hugs:

4. NicoleB

NicoleB Mama Of Many & Lovin It

OH No sorry sweetie I hope its 100% by baby time :hugs:

5. Love3Hope4

Love3Hope4 Mama to 4 & 1 angel WTT

Bless you. So sorry!! I have this fear with the tub. Except I picture myself getting out, slipping (our tub is porcelain), and hitting my mouth/teeth on the side. I won't bathe now unless DH is home to help me get out. I hope the meds ease some of the pain....oh no, and I hope LO chooses to kick about on the OTHER side!!

6. newmommy23

newmommy23 Mommy to Mollymaia

when I was pregnant Molly broke two of my ribs....and I made due by using heating pads on my ribs. just as a warning if you were planning on a natural birth you might want to reconsider because the ribs get pushed on a lot when delivering. just a warning! feel better!

7. kazharry

kazharry Well-Known Member

Am really hoping I can have a natural birth! Got midwife a week on Monday so will see how I am then. I just tripped getting out and fell forwards so turned myself so I didn't land on my tummy and banged my arm and ribs around the back on the side of the loo and winded myself :(