ive found a good way of freezing purees

k8y

Reaction score
i was finding that ice cubes werent big enough for james and was thinking of another way of freezing his purees when i came up with a brilliant idea !!

i bought a couple of packs of little munch bunch yogurts me and hubby stuffed the yog and then those pots are the perfect size. I put them in a tuppaware and once they have frozen just pop out the puree's and put them all into a freezer bag to save on space. they come out easily and then i reuse the pots. :thumbup:

Hope this can help someone else.

Good idea! I just use the annabel karmel cube trays X

I looked at those and they were really expensive. how much did you pay for your if you dont mind me asking?

I was just thinking today that ice cube portions were getting a bit small now i'm making chunkier food. was looking for some tubs on ebay... yoghurt pots - fab idea!!! thanks! :)

I freeze some in those individual cube things and some in dishes with lids on....just baby dishes like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/First-Year...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1251124987&sr=8-1

actually these are the same as mine....means the meal is all ready in the dish. I either take it out of the freezer and pop in the fridge the night before to defrost or I just put it in the microwave on defrost before heating thoroughly:thumbup:

Ohh thats a FAB idea! I do like my money saving tips and if I get a few yoghurts out of it too then can't go wrong.

I looked at those and they were really expensive. how much did you pay for your if you dont mind me asking?

I got mine a while ago when Jack was weening and I am sure they were about £6 from boots, they are really good! soft plastic so easy to pop them out when frozen & just the right portion size & they have a lid with them :)

Great idea! I'll have to start setting those aside for when she needs bigger portions!

If you buy Babylicious meals at the supermarket (frozen section) you can keep the popout trays and re-use them as well...

https://www.babylicious.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->