ive found a good way of freezing purees

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by k8y, Aug 24, 2009.

1. k8y

k8y Well-Known Member

i was finding that ice cubes werent big enough for james and was thinking of another way of freezing his purees when i came up with a brilliant idea !!

i bought a couple of packs of little munch bunch yogurts me and hubby stuffed the yog and then those pots are the perfect size. I put them in a tuppaware and once they have frozen just pop out the puree's and put them all into a freezer bag to save on space. they come out easily and then i reuse the pots. :thumbup:

Hope this can help someone else.

2. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

Good idea! I just use the annabel karmel cube trays X

3. k8y

k8y Well-Known Member

I looked at those and they were really expensive. how much did you pay for your if you dont mind me asking?

4. bibswy

bibswy MUMMY OF 2!

I was just thinking today that ice cube portions were getting a bit small now i'm making chunkier food. was looking for some tubs on ebay... yoghurt pots - fab idea!!! thanks! :)

5. Hevz

Hevz 4 beautiful children

I freeze some in those individual cube things and some in dishes with lids on....just baby dishes like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/First-Years...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1251124987&sr=8-1

actually these are the same as mine....means the meal is all ready in the dish. I either take it out of the freezer and pop in the fridge the night before to defrost or I just put it in the microwave on defrost before heating thoroughly:thumbup:

6. krissie1234uk

Ohh thats a FAB idea! I do like my money saving tips and if I get a few yoghurts out of it too then can't go wrong.

7. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

I got mine a while ago when Jack was weening and I am sure they were about £6 from boots, they are really good! soft plastic so easy to pop them out when frozen & just the right portion size & they have a lid with them :)

8. CeliaM

CeliaM Pregnant mom of 2

Great idea!

9. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Great idea! I'll have to start setting those aside for when she needs bigger portions!

10. k8y

k8y Well-Known Member

glad to have helped. x

11. KarenLV

KarenLV Well-Known Member

If you buy Babylicious meals at the supermarket (frozen section) you can keep the popout trays and re-use them as well...

http://www.babylicious.co.uk/