• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I've got my anti-witch spray!

I'll jump on this bandwagon, too! SUPER slow at work today as most of the company is off and my job (accountant) is slow until it's time to close the books next week.

I'm 30, DH is 27 and we're ttc #1 since we got married in May. Currently, we're the only couple in my family (including cousins and siblings) and in his family (same inclusions) that are childless. So of course we hear it from everyone on when we are going to have kids. Then, his sister who has been with her boyfriend for about 6 months and already has a DD called DH the other night to tell him she is pregnant again. I'm not one to judge whether or not someone is married or dating, or single, or whatever. I realize that families come in all shapes/sizes/colors/flavors. What matters is whether or not you're a good parent, and she is.

What irks me is I guess that my whole life I have waited for the right moment to have kids. I wanted to be financially stable, and I am.... Just bought a house in February this year. I wanted to be married first so I am. I wanted to go out and party a lot when I was younger so I did. Now I'm finally to that point where I am financially, emotionally, and responsibly ready and I'm on my 10th cycle off BCP. And nothing. No BFP ever. I ovulate every month, am pretty darn regular, and have a 13-15 day LP. Everything is as it should be, except I can't seem to get pregnant.

But despite all that depressing stuff I feel good about this month. And I'll continue to have to feel good about every month after that. Because I KNOW it has to happen sometime. I can't believe that I wouldn't be able to have children. That thought process doesn't even exist in my brain. So I'll just keep trying until it does. Hopefully you lovely ladies can join me along the way.

Linz- I really think the OPKs will help you. Everyone I know (except me of course, lol) has gotten pregnant their first month using it....seriously...every single one of them!!! Here's hoping you are my new friend that has the same such luck!

Speaking of OPKs, I took one on my lunch today at home (I live 3 minutes away from work). And I know you're going to say it's too early, which was my point. I wanted a super negative one to compare to going forward... you know, like a "control" experiment? Uhhh.... I don't think these things EVER get super negative for me. This one looks like it's just a shade short of positive on day 3!!! GRRRR!! I thought the line was supposed to get super light before the LH surge! Anyway, see attached pic and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_20111229_130133.jpg
    IMG_20111229_130133.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 8
Linz- I really think the OPKs will help you. Everyone I know (except me of course, lol) has gotten pregnant their first month using it....seriously...every single one of them!!! Here's hoping you are my new friend that has the same such luck!

Welp, you can add one person that uses them and doesn't get preggo... lol I have been using them the last 2 cycles and notta!

I am back to joining ya'll here on this thread! I got a negative on the blood test and then about an hour later AF showed her ugly face. So now to start again for January...

Ok, well now I am freaking out because I saw online that if you have dark OPKs all the time it can be indicative of PCOS. :( However, it looks like the problem with PCOS is not ovulating, which I most definitely am each month. Anyway, I freaked out and emailed my OBGYN to ask her if having elevated LH levels while clearly still ovulating is something I should be concerned with. I'm sure it will come off as being totally obsessive, but I would really like to know if this is something that I should be concerned about. There were a few other symptoms of PCOS that applied to me as well (insulin sensitivity - I'm hypoglycemic) and bad acne (it's worse now that when I was a teen!).

Plus it said that it's passed down by your mom or dad, and a good indicator of whether or not your father is a carrier is if he went bald very young (my dad lost most his hair in 9th grade). Also, I'm like a little clone of my dad (without the mustache). My mom frequently refers to the fact that she was just "the vessel" for his female clone. So if he is a genetic carrier, I would most certainly have gotten it from him. AUUUGHHH! Now my hypochondriac mind is running away with me! I hope my doctor answers soon. :(

Wow, well that was fast... She already responded and asked what brand I was using and if I was using FMU (to which I replied I was not, more like ALU - After Lunch Urine). But she recommended I try a different brand.

Wow, well that was fast... She already responded and asked what brand I was using and if I was using FMU (to which I replied I was not, more like ALU - After Lunch Urine). But she recommended I try a different brand.

Their a little more pricey, but get the clear blue brand with the smiley faces. Don't buy them at a walgreens, or cvs though because they are double the price of walmart. I think for a box of 20 it was like 37 bucks. I've been on the same box for awhile now..

Yeah I just looked them up online and I can't believe they're actually $6 cheaper for a 20 ct at Walmart than Costco. Wow... Alright, I'll pick some of the digi's up on my way home. If I get a frikkin smiley face on CD 3 though, I'm going to have some choice words for these OPKs!!

ok I just got a call from my OB. I have an appointment in the morning to have an ultrasound so I can start taking the meds!! Finally getting somewhere!! lol

Yeah I just looked them up online and I can't believe they're actually $6 cheaper for a 20 ct at Walmart than Costco. Wow... Alright, I'll pick some of the digi's up on my way home. If I get a frikkin smiley face on CD 3 though, I'm going to have some choice words for these OPKs!!

haha! Yeah that would be quite early!!! Wondering why you are taking them that early??

Because I wanted to experience a negative result since last month I couldn't get one. I wanted something to compare it to so I knew what a real positive looked like.

And congrats on the appointment tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!

Linz- The OPK is negative, but def get a clearblue digital...the smiley makes it so much simpler. I bought one that had like 20 test strips in it and it lasted me 2.5 cycles. Plus getting that smiley face is almost...ALMOST as exciting as a bfp...but not quite ;)

Hayley- I am so sorry the witch got you :( But yay for the u/s tomorrow and new meds!!! let us know how it goes

BFN ....I am 14dpo

Most of my symptoms are gone only have slightly sore and swollen bb and not really cramps but like tightening and soreness kind of cramp? So I guess Ill be waiting for the witch a lil llonger this month too. I am on cd30 today and this is my longest lp phase in 6 months so I am hoping that at least this means I will have longer lp from now on which will help with ttc

Hayley - sorry the witch got you, good luck with the US tomorrow.

Linz - definitely switch to the digi ones - I got mine from amazon for quite cheap :)

I think the spotting is getting worse, but I'm still surprised that it isn't full flow yet. I normally come on like a dam bursting so this is all very odd, but I had the same last month so maybe it's just more added wierdness. According to Dr Google the bloods can be done days 2 -4 so I guess if I start properly over the weekend it should be fine. I'm hoping if I've had no ovulation then my pms shouldn't be as bad!!

As for guests, we take in quite a few waifs and strays at Christmas who don't have any family, coupled with Hubby's parents being divorced means we have a long list of people to house! We've just said goodbye to guests 19, 20 and 21 though so only have 1 left!! I think I may have to sleep for a week :)

xxxx

omg giraffes, wow!

Well the last 18 hours have been a bit of a whirl wind here... Hubby and I got into an argument last night and Thursdays are already the night he goes out with his friends to the bar. I got a call from the police at 1 am asking me to please come pick him up, he'd been arrested for a DUI... *sigh* It's the one thing I've always told him to call me if he's too drunk to drive, I don't care what time it is or if I'm asleep or whatever.

Once we got home we used it as a time to go over all the problems we'd dealt with this year (there have been a few). He was very sad and I think scared I was going to throw him out. But instead I told him I wan't going to give him a hard time since he's going to lose his license for up to 6 months now and he'll be on probation for up to 3 years, so I don't need to punish him. It actually ended up being quite a good talk and all of his feelings about ttc came out (maybe since he was drunk? - he was barely over the legal limit) and I told him that if he wants kids so bad that when I tell him it's bd day he just needs to do what I say and not make an excuse. He also agreed to let me go to the vitamin store and buy some libido enhancing vitamins (do those things even work?) to help him be in the mood more often.

So yes, super pist at him over the DUI, but this may be the best thing that's ever happened to him since it was a real wake up call. His dad verbally berated him over the phone for a half an hour and when he got off the phone he was teared up. I know it's terrible that he got one and we'll pay through the nose for it, but it may have been what he needed to learn his lesson.... and it could have been a lot worse had he killed himself or someone else.

Anyway, sorry so long, just needed to get that off my chest. Looks like we will not be going out for New Years, and ladies, if you do drink, please be safe about it. Take it from me.

Linz, sorry about situation with dh but glad that you guys had that heart to heart talk. Hopefully it is just onwards and upwards from here and that you will get a BFP soon!

Giraffs, hope AF passes soon for you and that you will be on your way to counting down days to the big O and bding for next cycle.

As for me, I am 6 dpo and going stir crazy. I am not suppose to test until Jan. 8th but dying to do it now. Every little thing makes me wonder if I am pg... but it is probably just all in my head. Keeping my fingers crossed. This is the first time we tried SMEP!

Linz - glad your dh got home safe and sound, and that you had a good heart to heart. cant remember when you're going but have a fantastic honeymoon. come home with a bfp :)

Peachy - hang in there. fx'd.

Happy New Year to you all. Here's to us all getting bfp's next month, lots of :dust:

Linz - so sorry to hear about your OH, at least you are able to see the positive side of things and hope this marks a positive turn in your relationship.

Happy New year to everyone, may 2012 bring us all the BFPs we dream of :)

G xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"