• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I've got my anti-witch spray!

Thanks giraffes and all for your well wishing on dh's and my situation. Its actually been really great since we had our talk that night. DH has been so loving and caring since I had to go pick him up from the back of a police car. I think he may finally have realized it's time to grow up and focus more on us than going out and having "fun". Here's to hoping that 2012 is a much better year for all of us than 2011 has been!

Also, has anyone gotten their OH to take supplements? Was thinking of driving to the Vitamin Store today to find something for him. Any recommendations?

Hey ladies! Just wanted to let you know I got my $5 reading back! Ruby said she predicted a girl with a BFP/conception in March 2012 or a birth in March 2013! Of course it's just for fun, but that would be a nice birthday present for me!

linz - good luck, hope Ruby is right or you surprise her and get bfp before march :)

Thanks, Leia! I hope so too, as my mother, nephew, and grandmother are all December birthdays and I would like to spread it out a little!

Linz - glad to hear things are a bit better. I don't know if they do them in the states, but over here there are wellman vitamins and also conception vitamins for him and her. Might be worth a shot? I haven't got OH on any as I'm sure the problem is me (although his SA is next week so I may be proven wrong). It'll help him to feel part of the process and can only do good things :)

I'm having a grotty day, have felt so sick all day and if we weren't TTC I wouldn't think anything of it. But I've had such a strange period (no pain - the first time ever in my life, and so light - I still think it hasn't properly started a week after I started spotting) that I've convinced myself this is another sign something is even more wrong. What a nutter!! I should just enjoy the variety of feeling sick instead of being crippled with cramps!

Hi girls hope you are all well? I'm now in my 2ww - I ovulated yesterday and expect AF two weeks today! I'm a bit confused right now as just went for a wee and wiped red blood. Really stinging down there too since this morning esp. when I urinate. I had thought maybe I have a urine infection like cystitus - all this bding the past few days. But red blood?? I have never bled mid-cycle and understand implantation bleeding (which never had with my son) was much later???

Been googling which is dangerous as all sorts of things worry you but I'm just thinking it's a urinary tract infection now because of the frequent intercourse and not getting up afterwards to wee coz I wanted to keep it in!! Well no more bding now! Just gonna drink loads of water and see how I get on today, if not go to the doctor's tomo. Still blood and a small clot? not worrying though :\ well maybe a little.

Gemmy - try not to worry, but I agree if it's still there tomorrow you should see a doc. Until then you could drink lots of cranberry juice and see if that helps?

Dr google is a dangerous thing - I've convinced myself there's a chance I could be pregnant (which is completely ridiculous!) because of the light bleeding. I have never had a light or painfree period in my life so I'm wondering if I could be pregnant and this is breakthrough bleeding. What a nutcase!!

As a person who gets frequent UTI's I can attest to the fact that you should drink as much water as you can possibly stomach and on top of it, cranberry juice. However, not the nice tasting cranberry juice cocktails (which is a mix of sugar and cran juice and other juices). The only cranberry juice that is supposed to help is the 100% cranberry juice, which is kind of hard to find and HORRIBLE tasting. I was told by my doctor that anything else is too diluted to really help with a UTI.

Also, gemmy, I have never had bleeding from a UTI, but I have had it from too much bd and from ov alone. So if bleeding is the only symptom, it may just be from your cervix being irritated from all your bd'ing.

As for me, I'm WTO (waiting to ovulate). I ordered some supplements for DH online with overnight delivery, but GNC hasn't shipped them yet, so I'm freaking out that they won't get here in time! One is a vitamin fertility blend that is supposed to help with the swimmers (DH smokes so I can almost guarantee his count is affected by that). The other one I got is supposed to make you want to bd all the time... it even warned against taking it every day. DH seems excited about that... lol. It's not that he doesn't enjoy bd'ing, but with his low libido, he can't get into it every day when we really need him to, so he's looking forward to the supplements arriving. I'm CD 8 this morning, started my mucinex today, and been on my baby aspirin and pregnacare every day this month. I'm being good and actually remembering to take my vitamins!

Gemmy - try not to worry, but I agree if it's still there tomorrow you should see a doc. Until then you could drink lots of cranberry juice and see if that helps?

Dr google is a dangerous thing - I've convinced myself there's a chance I could be pregnant (which is completely ridiculous!) because of the light bleeding. I have never had a light or painfree period in my life so I'm wondering if I could be pregnant and this is breakthrough bleeding. What a nutcase!!

Thanks giraffes, I did see the doc this afternoon and got some anti-biotics that are ok to take even if I were pregnant. Symptoms had got worse.

Ah you are so not alone. I'm always hanging onto hope foolishly. When AF came two cycles ago I kept thinking it's different...and still I kept testing throughout af!! I knew deep down but kept googling things and finding women who had a period for the first 3 months...or I would google to find women that tested negative although they were pregnant...always looking for hope...

We will all get there in the end!!

As a person who gets frequent UTI's I can attest to the fact that you should drink as much water as you can possibly stomach and on top of it, cranberry juice. However, not the nice tasting cranberry juice cocktails (which is a mix of sugar and cran juice and other juices). The only cranberry juice that is supposed to help is the 100% cranberry juice, which is kind of hard to find and HORRIBLE tasting. I was told by my doctor that anything else is too diluted to really help with a UTI.

Also, gemmy, I have never had bleeding from a UTI, but I have had it from too much bd and from ov alone. So if bleeding is the only symptom, it may just be from your cervix being irritated from all your bd'ing.

As for me, I'm WTO (waiting to ovulate). I ordered some supplements for DH online with overnight delivery, but GNC hasn't shipped them yet, so I'm freaking out that they won't get here in time! One is a vitamin fertility blend that is supposed to help with the swimmers (DH smokes so I can almost guarantee his count is affected by that). The other one I got is supposed to make you want to bd all the time... it even warned against taking it every day. DH seems excited about that... lol. It's not that he doesn't enjoy bd'ing, but with his low libido, he can't get into it every day when we really need him to, so he's looking forward to the supplements arriving. I'm CD 8 this morning, started my mucinex today, and been on my baby aspirin and pregnacare every day this month. I'm being good and actually remembering to take my vitamins!

Thanks lynz - I didn't know that about the cranberry juice - always thought I was being healthy drinking it but it definately had suger in it!! Plus I like it with orange! I have been drinking lots of water though!

Yes I think all the extra bd did it as I ovulated yesterday and didn't want to miss it!! I saw the doc as it is really stinging badly after a wee and then bleeding since this morning. She said yes that will be a urine infection and gave me antibiotics. When I said me and hubby were ttc she said ahh sex does cause it unfortunately get some lubrication! I did do a sample though in case it doesn't clear (and talking of stupidly getting hopes up I start imagining oh imagine if they say I'm pregnant! - that's silly I'm only 1dpo!)

Good luck with all those supplements - you two will be rattling!

oh and the doc told me to wee before and after sex - didn't want to say that I don't go for a wee after as I want to hold the sperm inside!

gemmy - to add to what Linz said, I have had blood from UTI and a tiny clot but there was no doubt that it was because of UTI as the pain weeing was unbearable!!! I hope you get it sorted. I have gone and got antibiotics from doc and has cleared up in 2 days. I have also just sat it out and drank loads of water which took up to 5 days to clear. But you should probably go to docs if UTI and blood involved just to make sure its not progressing to something else. After these experiences I no longer wait after bding before weeing (within 10 mins.) All the useful sperm has already gone on its journey, getting up wont effect your chances of getting pregnant.

I am too WTO, feels like a long wait this month. Have brought some opks online, hoping they get here on time. Thought it would be interesting to find out when i was Oing. My husband works away all week and only comes home weekends so this way i know whether i have a tww or whether we will have completely missed the window. I am going to be gutted if ovulate mid week, have been assuming i ovulate on or around day 14 - which is midweek. here's hoping i have been wrong and ovulate at completely different time!!!

lol, gemmy you answered while i was answering - glad you got it sorted :)

Gemmy, I actually have a friend who had decidual bleed during what her normal AF time would be, so she mistook it for just that. It wasn't until she was about 6 weeks along and she screamed at DH for chewing too loudly that she suddenly realized that she may be preg, so it can happen! However, she has light AF to begin with that only lasts 1-2 days, so when AF was only 1 day long and light she just figured it was a strange month. I, on the other hand could never mistake a 1 day AF for the real thing. It's usually 2-3 days of heavy/med for me and then a few more of light/spotting. As I always say to my friend as we watch the show "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant"..... I don't know how they mistake a light bleed for AF, for me personally, ain't NOTHIN' surviving in there after my AF is done...

But personally, this is why I don't think I'll ever give up temping while TTC. When my temp goes down and then stays down through my AF, I don't even have to take a test to "make sure." If I truly was pregnant, the temp may go up and down, but it will never go below the coverline for more than a day.

gemmy - to add to what Linz said, I have had blood from UTI and a tiny clot but there was no doubt that it was because of UTI as the pain weeing was unbearable!!! I hope you get it sorted. I have gone and got antibiotics from doc and has cleared up in 2 days. I have also just sat it out and drank loads of water which took up to 5 days to clear. But you should probably go to docs if UTI and blood involved just to make sure its not progressing to something else. After these experiences I no longer wait after bding before weeing (within 10 mins.) All the useful sperm has already gone on its journey, getting up wont effect your chances of getting pregnant.

I am too WTO, feels like a long wait this month. Have brought some opks online, hoping they get here on time. Thought it would be interesting to find out when i was Oing. My husband works away all week and only comes home weekends so this way i know whether i have a tww or whether we will have completely missed the window. I am going to be gutted if ovulate mid week, have been assuming i ovulate on or around day 14 - which is midweek. here's hoping i have been wrong and ovulate at completely different time!!!

LOL at me posting at same time! hanks for your reply :) Well it is good to know that I am not alone with this bleeding with UTI. I did see the doc later in day as lke you had a small clot and the stinging just as I finished the wee was unbearable (well slight exageration there but enough to make me want to go to docs). I had been drinking loads of water though. At docs she gave me anti biotics and I did leave a urine sample. When I did the sample I didn't sting and wiped clean typical - maybe the water flushing through. But since then had another stingy one and slight blood. How odd i it bleeding when it's not af, that's what I find weird. I guess this morning half of me thought - short cycle it's af!! other half thought - implantation that's too soon!! So glad it's just a common UTI! Think I will now do the same and go for a wee after, at least before sleep anyway! Must admit I was waking in the morning dying to go!

Good luck with the OPK, really hope you do ovulate around the weekend. That must be tough having that small window of time. I had my positive OPK last sunday day 13 but then felt like did o on Monday day 14. Fingers crossed for you, it changes all the time x

Gemmy, I actually have a friend who had decidual bleed during what her normal AF time would be, so she mistook it for just that. It wasn't until she was about 6 weeks along and she screamed at DH for chewing too loudly that she suddenly realized that she may be preg, so it can happen! However, she has light AF to begin with that only lasts 1-2 days, so when AF was only 1 day long and light she just figured it was a strange month. I, on the other hand could never mistake a 1 day AF for the real thing. It's usually 2-3 days of heavy/med for me and then a few more of light/spotting. As I always say to my friend as we watch the show "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant"..... I don't know how they mistake a light bleed for AF, for me personally, ain't NOTHIN' surviving in there after my AF is done...

But personally, this is why I don't think I'll ever give up temping while TTC. When my temp goes down and then stays down through my AF, I don't even have to take a test to "make sure." If I truly was pregnant, the temp may go up and down, but it will never go below the coverline for more than a day.

Ohh that sounds like a good show, that would really get my hopes up!! It is good that there are real cases out there where women do really find out they were pregnant when bleeding etc and just get a surprise further down. Like you though my AF gets a couple of real heavy days!

What is the coverline? Is that where you started from? I've never temped, I would probably get the readings wrong knowing me!!

I totally love that show! However, these women are finding out they are pregnant when they go into labor! Like, they are rushed to the hospital for horrible cramps or wake up in the middle of the night and go into the toliet and deliver a baby and then sit there staring at it wondering where the hell it came from! It's pretty entertaining and these women swear up and down that they had negative hpts and no symptoms and no weight gain.

As for the cover line, basically pre ovulation your temps stay at a low range and then the day after you ovulate, they shoot up and stay up until AF comes. A day or two before the witch shows then start heading south, and then cross the coverline and stay low again until the next cycle's ovulation. Click on the link in my signature "My ovulation chart" and then scroll down to see my prior months. You will see the red line going thru the middle of the chart, that's the cover line. If you are pregnant, your temperature stays up and will never go below the cover line.

That's why every month a day or two before AF shows, I already know I'm out because my temp starts dropping. And as for temping, the only thing you need to do to get it right is take it at the same time every morning (set an alarm) before getting up or drinking water or anything - a true resting temp. Also, use a basal body thermometer, which measures an extra decimal point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->