• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I've got my anti-witch spray!

Someone on the tww forum was posting about this a bit ago and it turned out to be a cyst or something very similar to what wishin mentioned. I know how annoying it can be to bleed for a month straight. I once tried those birth control pills that are supposed to stop your period except for once every three months. Half way through the second month I bled all the way until the end of the three month pack. Needless to say I ditched those pills after that. Sometimes the lady parts just do what they want no matter what we will them to do. However, it's important to remember that there IS a reason your body is doing this, and most likely once it's done getting all sorted out that it will be ready for a bean. The body is an amazing thing, and for non major items it really can do a lot of healing on it's own.

AFM - 2 dpo today, temp did rise again this morning, and if it stays elevated tomorrow (which I'm sure it will) I'll get my crosshairs on my chart. Have another dentist appt tomorrow (to fix the bite - hoping this will fix the pain, if not then it's surgery) in the morning and then my colposcopy in the afternoon. Going to be feeling a bit like a lab rat tomorrow!

Linz ur just getting all this out of the way so when baby comes u wont have to :)

Oh!!! I know exactly how you feel. Everytime I go to the OB I see all these women and their fabulous bumps! I can't help but feel jealous! Also with the last 2 miscarriages the office made it 10 times worse by having me fill out the pregnancy paperwork. I asked if I had to fill it out even though I was miscarrying and she was like well it helps to have this in your chart. Like really??? You need to have paperwork signed for a circumcision even though I'm not even PREGNANT??? At that point I just squeezed hubby's hand rather than screaming at the receptionist.

Anyhow, you are definitely not a failure as a woman. It WILL happen for you! and for all of us for that matter. We just hope that it's sooner rather than later!

As for me, I started my OPK's this morning. I know I am rather early in starting them, but my period stopped yesterday and I was getting some creamy/snotty cm so I figured with me taking and finishing the course of clomid I still can ovulate early and I don't want to miss the surge. According to research you ovulate 5-10 days after finishing the medication. I did start my period on the last day of the clomid so I'm not sure if this will mess it all up or if it will still make me ovulate so I'm hoping it will still somewhat help and will just try anyways. It can't hurt what I've already been through so may as well not give up this month. Who knows. It might still be my lucky month despite all the mess.

So, I just went to the bathroom and low and behold was more cm. It was yellowish and snotty looking. Definitely not eggwhite but still different. So we will start BDing tomorrow at CD5 and then every other day until..... and then just keep all body parts crossed in hopes that this can actually happen this month :)

haha, Wishin, I sure hope that's the case! I won't be able to able to get the oral surgery done until after we get home from Hawaii, but it's done with local anesthesia, which I heard is fine (Novocaine) if you are pregnant. So if this is my month, it will be ok, and if it's not I'll ask him to gas me, too. LOL!

LMAO @ 'Ill ask him to gas me too"

Hayley- Love your positive attitude...CM is promising yay for potential early ovulation! I have jsut started getting cm again at cd10 or 11..damn it I keep forgetting so hope that I o soon!

Remember when we talked about the big O as an orgasm? those where the days **giggle**

HAPPY Oing all!!!! hehe

Haley, that paperwork was unnecessary! Seriously?! I would be P.O.'ed!

fx'ed that everything works for you this month! Have you thought about temping, or tried it in the past? My temps don't predict ovulation (sometimes I get a dip on ov day, sometimes I don't) but they do seem to stabilize about 5-6 days before ovulation. During AF and a few days after they are all over the place and then settle down just before the big show. I love charting, so of course I want to push it onto all of my ttc buddies.

Haley, that paperwork was unnecessary! Seriously?! I would be P.O.'ed!

fx'ed that everything works for you this month! Have you thought about temping, or tried it in the past? My temps don't predict ovulation (sometimes I get a dip on ov day, sometimes I don't) but they do seem to stabilize about 5-6 days before ovulation. During AF and a few days after they are all over the place and then settle down just before the big show. I love charting, so of course I want to push it onto all of my ttc buddies.

I have a basal thermometer that I bought with intentions to temp. But quite honestly I have so much going on and I think I would screw it up lol. Maybe you can shed some light on the temping process. When do you start? Am I too late to start this cycle?

LMAO @ 'Ill ask him to gas me too"

Hayley- Love your positive attitude...CM is promising yay for potential early ovulation! I have jsut started getting cm again at cd10 or 11..damn it I keep forgetting so hope that I o soon!

Remember when we talked about the big O as an orgasm? those where the days **giggle**

HAPPY Oing all!!!! hehe

HAHAHA... Yes. I remember those days!! Too funny!!!

It's never too late to start! Some people say you should start on CD 1, but I find that my temps during AF are erratic anyway, so sometimes if I'm feeling bold, I won't even take any till she's gone.

Here's the most important bullet points to remember:
1) Take it at the same time every morning. Set an alarm!
- I didn't start doing this till last month and I found that my temps are so much less crazy now that I take it every day at 6 am.
2) Don't get up, drink something or lie in bed for 15 minutes before taking your temp. Hear the alarm, shut it off, stick thermometer in mouth, the end.

That's REALLY all you need to know. Theres the finer points of what happens if I wake early or was drinking or miss a temp, but to get started you just need to be somewhat consistent and diligent. My favorite part of the whole process is when I get BFN and want to know if they are real or not, I can see the last couple days before AF comes my temp drops. I know I can stop testing and prepare for the witch without getting my hopes up.

It's never too late to start! Some people say you should start on CD 1, but I find that my temps during AF are erratic anyway, so sometimes if I'm feeling bold, I won't even take any till she's gone.

Here's the most important bullet points to remember:
1) Take it at the same time every morning. Set an alarm!
- I didn't start doing this till last month and I found that my temps are so much less crazy now that I take it every day at 6 am.
2) Don't get up, drink something or lie in bed for 15 minutes before taking your temp. Hear the alarm, shut it off, stick thermometer in mouth, the end.

That's REALLY all you need to know. Theres the finer points of what happens if I wake early or was drinking or miss a temp, but to get started you just need to be somewhat consistent and diligent. My favorite part of the whole process is when I get BFN and want to know if they are real or not, I can see the last couple days before AF comes my temp drops. I know I can stop testing and prepare for the witch without getting my hopes up.

Ok I'll start tomorrow morning. Where do you chart your temps at?

I use fertilityfriend.com. They give you a 30 day VIP trial, then after the 30 days are up, if you don't want to pay $45 for a year subscription, you just get the basic one for free. The basic one allows you to chart your temps and shows you ovulation and the graph. The VIP one comes with all the bells and whistles, but they're not necessary if all you want to see is a line on a graph. I ended up paying the subscription just so I could use the mobile app. That way when I wake up in the morning, I plug my temp into my phone app and it syncs to the website so I don't have to write it down or go to the computer after taking my temp. But you have 30 days to try it out for free to see if you want the free basic or VIP version.

Click on the "My ovulation chart" in my signature and it will take you to the website.

Woohoo! Let me go over the benefits:

1) You can see ovulation approaching (although it's not foolproof) but temps get stable and start the have a downward trend before ovulation.
2) You can pinpoint the actual day of ovulation after it happens to know if you even are a shoe in for timing.
3) Should an implantation dip or triphasic chart (usually indicative of a pregnancy) occur, you may know even before a HPT would turn +.
4) Should AF pay you a visit, your temps MAY start heading south a day or two before (or even on the day she shows).

Another story (man, I just love sharing, huh?): My BFF charted for years, as she used to use a fertility monitor called a lady comp to prevent pregnancy. It's like a CBFM and pinpoints high fertility days while also recording your temps (it's hugely expensive though). She would always put her temps in fertilityfriend.com to see a visual of them (she used the basic free version). The month she got pregnant (they were trying by then) she watched as her temps skyrocketed on 9 DPO and remained high till she got her BFP on 13 DPO, even when her tests were negative at 11 DPO. Because her temps did something they'd NEVER done before AND they were similar to what they say pregnancy charts look like, she was pretty sure she was pregnant 3-4 days before a HPT was faintly +.

The end. Don't you love my stories?

Giraffes - :hugs: hope you get some answers soon and stop spotting. You are not a failure.

Linz - good luck tomorrow, doesnt sound like fun at all - i hate dentists!!!, not fond of the colposcopy either!!!!

Have fun temping girls :)

AFM - definate ov pains today so fx'd bding sunday night did the job.

Woohoo! Let me go over the benefits:

1) You can see ovulation approaching (although it's not foolproof) but temps get stable and start the have a downward trend before ovulation.
2) You can pinpoint the actual day of ovulation after it happens to know if you even are a shoe in for timing.
3) Should an implantation dip or triphasic chart (usually indicative of a pregnancy) occur, you may know even before a HPT would turn +.
4) Should AF pay you a visit, your temps MAY start heading south a day or two before (or even on the day she shows).

Another story (man, I just love sharing, huh?): My BFF charted for years, as she used to use a fertility monitor called a lady comp to prevent pregnancy. It's like a CBFM and pinpoints high fertility days while also recording your temps (it's hugely expensive though). She would always put her temps in fertilityfriend.com to see a visual of them (she used the basic free version). The month she got pregnant (they were trying by then) she watched as her temps skyrocketed on 9 DPO and remained high till she got her BFP on 13 DPO, even when her tests were negative at 11 DPO. Because her temps did something they'd NEVER done before AND they were similar to what they say pregnancy charts look like, she was pretty sure she was pregnant 3-4 days before a HPT was faintly +.

The end. Don't you love my stories?

LOL you are too funny! Ok I'm definitely going to start in the morning!!

Crikey, I go away for evening and you've all gone temping mad!! Love the O comments, that really made me chuckle :D

I just spoke to my consultant's secretary who was really nice and said clearly bleeding for 17 days wasn't normal and did I want to see my consultant asap, so I jumped at the chance and am off to see her on Monday. She also said she'd chase up the HSG, but that she wasn't happy for me to have it before I saw the boss in case I was pregnant. So fingers crossed we'll get somewhere on Monday. I'm feeling much more positive now that I know I'll be seeing her.

Thank you so much for all your support ladies, it's such an unbelievable relief to speak to people who understand. Hubby is great and is doing his best but he just doesn't get it. So comments like it doesn't matter if we can't have children, and we have a great life as we are, and just because all of your friends are pregnant doesn't mean you have to be, while well meaning are really not helping me. So a great big from the bottom of my heart thank you. :flower:

So I took my improved mood and marched the dog on an 8 mile hill walk, she's now exhausted and I'm feeling back to normal. The wonderful effects of exercise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->