I've got my anti-witch spray!

Violet Isobel was born at 9:11pm on April 16. 7lbs 3.6oz; 18.75 inches. I went to my 41 week OB appointment (40+5) that morning. Had an u/s and then a NST and they immediately sent me for induction due to low amniotic fluid. Said since I was past 40 weeks they didn't want to risk anything.
I at least convinced them to let me go home and eat and get my husband and Maisie. :haha: (seriously, I had to beg)

Amazing labor! Contractions were about 3 minutes apart and so manageable compared to my first labor. Scott and my nurse talked me into an epidural when I was 6cm dilated. It was a super light epi and I could easily move my legs ad feel contractions. I was pretty comfortable until I felt a slight urge to push. The nurse checked and I was 8cm. Like 3 minutes later, my water broke and that's when shit hit the fan. :haha: The epi suddenly completely wore off when my water broke. I didn't know that was possible! I immediately felt a huge and very painful constant urge to push. My nurse said my OB had just gone in to perform a C-section. Checked me again immediately (seriously, 4-5 minutes after the first time she checked) and I was 10cm and baby was in the birth canal. :dohh: I tried so hard but she wasn't going to wait to be born. I did my best to hold off until another doctor (one I had never seen before) ran into the room and Violet was born in 3 pushes. From 8cm to delivery in about 20 minutes (and I spent most of those 20 minutes trying not to push -- Definitely the craziest and most intense 20 minutes of my life). :wacko: I could feel everything which was both horrible and amazing at the same time. :haha: I didn't feel any pain delivering Maisie so it was nice to experience but wow. I even had to have shots of local anesthetic to be stitched up. They tried just "topping up" my epi to do it by having me press the button but that didn't work at all. It was really bizarre. But pretty awesome not to have dead legs. My doctor ran in like 30 minutes after Vi was born. :rofl: :dohh:

I got another 2nd degree tear but it is nothing compared to the one I had with Maisie. Already feeling pretty well. Breastfeeding is going better than I could have ever hoped. She is gaining well and we haven't needed to supplement at all. :happydance: Violet has been a totally easy baby so far. Really all just very different and way easier/better than my first experience. Seriously, this newborn stuff is such a breeze! It's Maisie's terrible two tantrums and attitude that are still killing me! :haha:

She's one day old in the picture. She already looks different. :haha:

Attachments

• Violet hours old RESIZED.jpg
    Violet hours old RESIZED.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 3
Congratulations little. glad this time it has gone so much better. sounds bareable :)

you were like me, they checked me in morning and said i was 5cm, i felt well deflated because i thought i would have had him by then (in comparison to other babies) but she said she thought it would now go quick so give her a shout if i felt like pushing. she turned around and walked to the door and as she walked out, i felt like pushing :) bang, 10cm :)

Violet is beautiful, glad breastfeeding is going well. good luck in the coming weeks.

AFM - Finn's first 3 teeth have all decided to come at once. joy. he is coping quite well, only a tad grumpy. the kids were playing with a balloon yesterday and he was in peels of laughter. it was beautiful. real proper cant stop laughing. unfortunately not quick enough with the pod to film it. the kids loved it. :)

love all of your photos on facebook, keep them coming xx

Lil, she's beautiful!! Sounds like labor was a breeze! Also, the whole thing about her being easy sounds great. I can only hope that it's true that second kids are easier than the first (even though my first is a breeze, I don't want a hard second child, lol). Congrats on your beautiful new bundle!!

Leia - Yay for teeth! Annnnnd boo for teething pain :(

AFM - Quinn's been sleeping 12 hours straight through the night for a week now. Who knew that all it would take to sleep through was being able to roll onto her belly?

Congrats lilspy your baby is beautiful. glad the experience was a good one and all is going so well x

Hi girls! Im so sorry I have been MIA...I really hope this thread isnt dead...there hasnt been a post in 2 weeks :(

Here is my birth story:

So I had my 39 week check up on March 27th. I was really freaking dissapointed because I was barely 1cm and my cervix was really high. It was so high my OB could barely reach it. I scheduled an appointment for April 1st (my due date) to get an u/s and decide on an induction date for that week. I went home in tears, convinced that the baby wouldnt be coming out any time soon. It was a full moon that night so I told my husband I was going to take a walk in the full moon to see if it would do anything. I didnt walk very far it was about a 10-15 minute walk before I was exhausted. When I got home I put DS to bed and hit the sack. At around 1:30am I woke up wanting to pee, I went to the bathroom nothing really came out, then about 10 minutes later I got up again and same thing..the third time I got up to go use the bathroom it finally dawned on me I didnt have to pee and that I was having contractions. What I was feeling wasnt the urge to pee but pressure. I went downstairs to time them (it is now about 2am?) and to my surprise they were already 5 minutes apart and they were getting a lot more painful. I went upstairs to tell bobby what was going on and within minutes the pain was unbearable and I was having to sway and couldnt talk during contractions. I told him to call his mom so she could be at the house with DS. By the time my MIL got to our house (she got there in 15-20 mins after we called) I was having contractions 2-3 minutes apart. The entire ride to the hospital I was screaming in pain...it seemed to help when I swayed and shifted my hips but I couldnt do that in the car so the ride was horribly painful. I got the L&D and was sent to triage. At this point I knew there was no way it was false labor and I just kept begging them to give me something for the pain. I was screaming profanities and couldtn sit or lay on the bed. A nurse finally came in and told me they were going to check me. Once they checked me they found out that I was already at 7cm! I totally freaked out and begged them to do the epidural and the one nurse told me I was progressing really fast and that she didnt think the epi would be done in time to take effect before I had the baby. I was soooo scared to have to do it naturally and I just kept begging them to give me something and that i refused to have the baby naturally. haha! They told me before I could get an epidural they had to check the babys positon and give me fluids and of course transfer me to a room since I was still in triage. They were moving much faster once they realized I was already 7cm. I got transfered to a room rather quickly and got fluids in...they checked me again and I was at 8cm. Once the IV and fluids were going they finally sent int the Doctor and I got my epidural. With the epidural in I felt much calmer and couldnt feel much of anything so I was happy. There was an emergency c-section going on so they told me they were going to let me labor on my on for awhile and theyd be right back. They broke my water before leaving....When they checked me again in an hour I was already at 10cm. They told me they were going to let my body push the baby down on its own some more then we would push. Within an hour the doctor came in and I started pushing. After a few minutes of pushing she told me that she was going to use the vaccum on my next push because the babys heart beat was going down after every contraction. On my next push she used the vaccum and Samantha Luiz T**** was born at 8:37am (labored for 5 hours total!) weighing 7lbs 1oz. I was so shocked at how small she was compared to my son, she is also much lighter. She was really hungry and we had to feed her right away which I thought was funny...

I am back to work this week and we are balancing life with 2 pretty well...still adjusting but over all things are great. She is eating about every 3-4 hours about 4.5oz of formula. She has acid reflux and was put on zantac which has really helped with her crying spells...she was so uncomfortable before but now seems much happier. At her 1 month check up she was already 9lbs 5oz and 21 inches

wishin- Amazing birth story I can so see the look on your face demanding an epi :haha:....she is beautiful. Love the pics of her and DS on FB so cute.

I hope everyone else is doing amazing :hugs:

AFM- Lindalynn keeps me on my toes she is all over the place in her walker and is learning really fast what NO means, loves to roll over but refuses to crawl, she will hold on to your fingers and walk and even tries to pull herself up on to things :nope: We have had a time out of the changes in the weather as she had to be put back on breathing treatments so on high pollen days we have to be careful not to be out for long as she has a hard time breathing, other than that she is doing amazing last friday her weight was 22lbs. she loves to eat and so far we haven't found anything that she doesn't like. we have been practicing with a sippy cup and some days she does good and others she just isn't having it. OH MY, I almost forgot so me and her daddy have always joked about what her first word/words would be and of course he say "its going to be Daddy they always say daddy before mommy" I would just laugh and say you'll see..so it's just me and her for 9 hrs a day while he's at work and Ally is at school so I'm always repeating "MOMMA" to her and a couple weeks ago she said it for the first time and says it all the time :happydance:. So yes I rub it in his face all the time especially when she says it and he's home. Well enough from me I hope everyone is doing the best :hugs:

First- Yay for her first words being momma! I had the same 'competition' with DH...haha! I lvoe the FB pics keep on posting them shes sooo cute! I cant believe what a big girl she is already!

Some clarification/further detail about my birth story - when I say she was lighter, I meant in color...my son is more my skin tone and she is more DH's skin tone. Also I pushed for less than 15 minutes total...it turned out her heart rate was dropping because she was sunny side up

Hey ladies, Julie, Cris fantastic birth stories! Thank you for sharing ;) your baby's are just perfect!

I am still taking a break from ttc. Although I cannot wait to get back from holiday and start trying again! I am struggling with not ttc, obviously I know exactly what my body is doing now so at least i know when it's safe to bd lol and not get pregnant lol who would of thought it? But as hard as it is I think the break is actually doing us good, 2 yrs ttc is quite a long time! I expect by the time I get round to finally having a successful pregnancy some of you will be ready for your next one lol, I'm kind of Hoping so would love to share it with you guys! Other than that I am trying to focus on getting a bikini body for my holiday lol I've got about 8 weeks I think, have taken before pictures so let's hope I do we'll enough to want to share with after pictures lol

Gemmy, how's things with you? I'm guessing you should be at the end of your tww now? How's it going? Any news? Xx

Hi!! no news but i would fill you in if there was. i am now cd6 and starting my 17th cycle. i am not obsessing though and taking it easy. glad everyone here is well xxx

Here too :)

Really love seeing all the photos. All your babies are adorable :) xx

Not a bad idea cris, do u know how to do it? Lol cause I haven't a clue! Xx

Ok I've had an attempt to open a group I think I've added you all, it's called anti witch girls if I've left you off I'm sooooooo sorry but I think I've got u all.
Gemmy are you on face book? U want to join? Hope to see you all there xxxx

I am nats but i would need to wait before joining as wouldnt want friends to figure out i am trying!! but thank you xx

As far as I am aware it's a private group so none of your friends can see your in it bit we're there when u want us, I will still check in on here to keep in touch with you anyway ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->