I've got my anti-witch spray!

:( Im sorry Hayley...it sounded so optimistic

Only in for a bit....going to the Miranda Lambert (country star) concert tonight so leaving a little early to get ready and allow enough time to pick up the kiddo get him settled and leave

Big hugs to you all

ps- hubby is home....not sure how I feel but trying really hard to take all your advice and just enjoy the time we have together now because something could happen to any of us at any time...still ahrd though

We can figure this out! Just need you to answer a few questions!

1) What day did you ovulate (or what dpo are you currently)

2) How long is your usual LP? (as is how many days does it usually take AF to show up after you ovulate?) My guess is that with low progesterone you probably have a shorter LP?

ok I ovulated cd 11 (January 16), I am currently 9dpo.

Last month my LP was 20 days
The month prior was 19 days.

A 20 day LP?? Is it extended because of the progesterone supplements? I would assume you are not taking them this month, correct?

If your cycle is naturally 19-20 days in your LP, then you are due for AF 2/5 or 2/6. If the supplements extend your LP, and this month you are not taking them, I'd say you will probably see AF around 1/31.

:( Im sorry Hayley...it sounded so optimistic

Only in for a bit....going to the Miranda Lambert (country star) concert tonight so leaving a little early to get ready and allow enough time to pick up the kiddo get him settled and leave

Big hugs to you all

ps- hubby is home....not sure how I feel but trying really hard to take all your advice and just enjoy the time we have together now because something could happen to any of us at any time...still ahrd though

Wishin, glad DH is home. It certainly is harder to get back on track when the other person is not there. Have fun at the concert tonight!

A 20 day LP?? Is it extended because of the progesterone supplements? I would assume you are not taking them this month, correct?

If your cycle is naturally 19-20 days in your LP, then you are due for AF 2/5 or 2/6. If the supplements extend your LP, and this month you are not taking them, I'd say you will probably see AF around 1/31.

lol yes I know that's long but I always have between a 30-34 day cycle even without the progesterone. My calendar is saying February 9 but Giraffes said if I ovulate early I should get AF early so hmmm....

I'm not taking the supplements this month but my progesterone level was actually pretty good this month! Surprising! lol

Hi Haley,

So so so sorry to hear your news, fingers crossed this was your body gearing uo for next month.

Big hugs xxxxx

In a controversial move for this thread, do you think you could all spray your witch (rather than anti-witch) spray in my direction?! I've got what I am hoping are AF cramps, and it would be fab if she would show up so I could have my HSG. It's crazy, I've spent 8 months wishing she doesn't show up and now when I want her, she isn't here!

On a related note, I reckon most of us seem to have started TTC about the same time. We were May 1st last year, Linz - you were 7th May, Haley - I can't work out your ticker but you must have been close to then too. Anyone else?!

In a controversial move for this thread, do you think you could all spray your witch (rather than anti-witch) spray in my direction?! I've got what I am hoping are AF cramps, and it would be fab if she would show up so I could have my HSG. It's crazy, I've spent 8 months wishing she doesn't show up and now when I want her, she isn't here!

On a related note, I reckon most of us seem to have started TTC about the same time. We were May 1st last year, Linz - you were 7th May, Haley - I can't work out your ticker but you must have been close to then too. Anyone else?!

Lol I'm kinda wishing the same thing giraffes! Won't it just start already so I can get to my clomid cycle! HAHA

And I'm not sure about the ticker. It hasn't moved since I started it lol.. I started intensely ttc in June 2011. lol we did the whole ntnp since February 2011.

Well that makes me feel a little better that it's more normal to take awhile to conceive! Here everyone I know gets preg on the first go-round. Like they just stop taking the pill and before they can even have a real period they are pregnant. Hmpfh.

In other news, my pregnant SIL is posting on facebook that her first US is on Friday and she can't wait to hear the heartbeat. All I can think of is why you would post that on facebook so early. She must not have ever met anyone who had an mc. Not just here online, but 3 of my close friends have had mc's in the past few years while ttc, so I would be a nervous wreck if everyone in the world knew before I had even gotten a heartbeat confirmation.

I agree Linz! Even if I didn't have the history that I've had I still probably wouldn't post until at least 8-12 weeks. And the only reason that I would post it that early is because someone that isn't supposed to say anything would blab on facebook and then I'd hear "well why did they know before me" Besides I would like to be the one that tells the world. Not someone else!!

I also think that it's hard to take in when someone posts about their excitement with their pregnancy! I mean I get it because I hope to be one of them someday soon but going through what we are going through makes you want to just throw up at the sound of anyone's excitement (especially those like you say just get preggo without any heartache!

Don't get me wrong I am happy for them but it's a different kind of happy! Like it's sad to say this but I get more excited and happy for one of our ladies on here getting their BFP then a friend! Sad right? I guess it's because I know the emotions and desire behind us! hmmm. :hugs:

I totally agree! No way would I want everyone to know before I was sure it was all ok. I will also be having a scan a week so I'll have had plenty before 12 weeks, but that doesn't mean if it ever happens, I'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

Linz - you have no idea how comforting I find it on here - I am the only one of my friends going through this, everyone else is in the "It happened so quickly as soon as I stopped taking my pill" camp!

Hopefully we'll all get those BFPs soon and can continue the journey together.

G xxx

hi ladies, i been away a while had my hands full with my lo, he's teething and been really poorly with it, but seems as if the worst is over for now so i'm back!
I've actually really missed u all lol xxxx

We've missed ya Nats!! Glad you're back :)

Ok I have a theory for y'all and I way y'all advice.

I went back and looked at all my past cycles since ttc and looked at the months when I actually did get pregnant. Both cycles that I did get pregnant I wasn't using OPK's. Just my iPhone app that told me when my most fertile days should be based on past cycles. If I go back to that method then I'm not ovulating when my OPKs come up positive. I'm ovulating about 9 days later! But here's my question. I dot get fertile cm around these fertile days. I get it around when my OPKs turn positive! Hmmph!

What do you ladies make of this?

Could I be getting a rise in LH but not ovulating then? Or is it a false positive? Maybe next month I should continue taking the OPKs the whole month instead of stopping when I see a positive? But then I can't explain the fertile cm... I'm stumped!

I'm definitely going to run this theory by my doctor when I go in!

Hayley- My stupid doctor did tell me not to trust the OPKs (i think its dumb to say that) but if you are worried that you are ovulating later than the OPKs are showing your best bet would be to BD every other day the entire cycle....exhausting but the only sure fire way to be 100% covered.

Dang- If my husband had the same libido he had when we first started dating then every other day wouldnt even be an issue...grumpy old men! bah!

Nats- Welcome back! ugh sorry on the teething...not my favorite stage

Linz- cute pic! I was one of the girls that told everyone she was pregnant as soon as the test showed a BFP...in all fairness I was 25 and the only one of my freinds to be even trying, had no clue about ovulation and all that...so not even too smart about the mc aspect. I do think a lot of people that post stuff on fb are just ignorant about ttc...I am much wiser now and def will hold of on telling people until 12 weeks but I can imagine itll be hard! (ps- I did not post my pregnancy on fb..I didnt even use it back then)

Haley, if you're worried about when you're truly ovulating, the only sure fire way to know is by temping. I know it's stressful sometimes or hard to get into the swing of it, but once you do you won't even think twice about it. Then you will know for sure. I love seeing what my body is doing each month. It's like a window into the mechanics of it all.

Wishn - thanks! The pic was taken when we were all suited up to zip line but hadn't left the parking lot yet. And you are bang on about my SIL. She is 25 and doesn't even "try" to get pregnant. She just stops using protection and BOOM, is pregnant. Not sure if first LO was an oops or a planned, but the father of her first just up and left soon after she was pregnant, so I hope she didn't plan to get pregnant by such a loser. Hopefully this guy is a lot better since I really want nothing more than for her to have a better life that it has been.

Giraffes - I agree on this site being so comforting. It's amazing to me that the world population can even grow exponentially. There must be pockets of the world where they've never even heard of "trying" to conceive!

Also would like to say that I'm trying one big thing this month, which is really hard but I'm doing it and I'm not giving up. I'm quitting smoking for good. I've been waffling back and forth on it having a few here and trying to abstain there. Was having 1-2 per day for the last month, but not entirely committed to quitting altogether. So I told DH that once we came back from our trip that I was done with it for good. It's been 4 days now and I haven't had one. I was beginning to think that the chemicals and stuff was messing with my egg quality and that might be causing a problem. I heard it takes about 2 months for your fertility to return to normal levels after quitting, so I'll just cross my fingers till then. Not gonna give in though. It's something that needed to happen eventually anyway, and if it helps my egg quality then it can only be a good thing.

Nats - welcome back!! We've missed you.

Linz - well done on quitting smoking! I'm sure your body will appreciate it.

It's just started snowing here, so here's hoping it sticks for a fun weekend of sledging!

Linz- Thank you for sharing about smoking..I always am afraid to mention that on here because there are some strong opinions on it. I have been a smoker since I was 19. I stopped 100% when I got my BFP with my son and was hoping that would be it for me. I started smoking again about 2 months after I gave birth and am back to what I used to smoke pre-pregnancy. I hate hate hate smoking but cant seem to quit .I DID get pregnant while still smoking but I am sure it took part in the reason it took me 9 months to conceive. I have tried to quit this time prior to ttc but dont know if I can. Its been so hard especially with all the added stress I have going on. I do want to and am considering taking chantix but I am afraid of the side effects as I heard they are pretty bad. Kudos to you on quitting and I wish you all the luck in the world! I know how hard it is! Also, and added bonus is that women who quit prior to ttc tend to stay quit...as opposed to women like me who only quit essentially during pregnancy..rate is higher for going back to smoking :(

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks wishn! I know how hard it is to quit, and the only times I've ever been successful (and by successful I mean I managed to abstain for over a year and only went back to it because I liked it, not because I was craving it) were times when I really wanted to. Not because I felt like I needed to, but because I just didn't want to be smoking anymore. I started when I was 13, quit at 17, started at 23, quit at 24, and then started at 28 (when I met DH) and am hopefully (no, not hopefully... I AM DONE) for good now.

I just know that I tend to be more sensitive to drugs (over the counter or otherwise) in general, so I imagine all the chemicals in them is really messing with my body as well. And I think my poor little eggs have taken enough abuse from me. I'm just sick of ttc, so anything that will boost my chances I'm willing to try at this point. One study I was reading said in a study they did over 6 months 60% of non smokers conceived. 50% of less than 10 a day smokers conceived. 45% of over 10 a day smokers conceived. So an extra 15% may really help out, I figure.

LMAO - I love all your stats :)

I swear if I ever get my BFP I am done smoking for good this time...I can not stand the smell anymore, or the cost, or staning in the snow, rain, sleet, etc...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->