I've got my anti-witch spray!

So I just got an email about the worse ttc advice ever.... Thought we could all relate to these!!!! I know I can... My favorite is the first one!! I have been told this SEVERAL times!!!!!!!

Enjoy :)

"Just get drunk and you'll get pregnant!” Right because I HAVE to be intoxicated for the sperm to know where it's going. Thanks! -- Jewlz018

"Just relax and it will happen". When someone tells me this, I feel like it's almost a slap in the face. -- youngin12

“Try not to take a big poo after ovulating. You'll push everything out.” Obviously… -- rrcraz7

"When you sign up to adopt, I bet you'll get pregnant then! It worked for my friends!" -- LovesPie

"Buy a really big turkey baster, that way you can really get those sperm in there. That's how I got pregnant." From the cashier at Wal-Mart when I bought some tests. -- gsd mommy

"Just relax. I know couples who've made themselves infertile because they stressed themselves out so much." -- Ya Never Know

"Don’t have too much sex, or he will eventually be shooting blanks." My own OB confirmed this was false, there is no such thing as too much sex. -- VazquezGal

“Don't think about it because if you do you will jinx it.” Really? I didn't know brain activity affected fertility. -- niceybee05

"You want some of my husband's sperm? His works REALLY well!" From a friend who just had her second baby. -- scuzzlebutt

"Stop drinking milk, the hormones are messing you up." -- jteneback

My cousin told me it was because we didn't have enough tragedy going on in our lives right now... He and his wife got pregnant when went they were flat broke and both jobless. Thanks cuz. -- LifeInANutshell

A coworker told me today to "make sure I put my butt in the air and do NOT go to the bathroom afterward or I will pee out all of the sperm.” No thanks... I don’t want a UTI! -- mrsharris1

"Get drunk and go do it in a parked car" If we are drunk, should we really be in a car? -- tctibbe

“Drink orange juice and you will get pregnant" -- adge_dave

"You should be having sex 8 times a day.” -- Mrs Carrillo

"You do know which parts go where right? You are doing it right? Right? Maybe try reading a book about sex and make sure you're doing it right. From my grandma. -- ecleptic

“When you stop trying it will happen.” -- **Papps**

I had someone tell me to stand on my head for 15 minutes after sex and gravity will make conception occur. Um, yeah right -- after I pass out from the headache. -- hav2run

“Everything happens for a reason.” Ugh. -- Marie6

"Don’t wear tampons anymore, European women don’t have infertility problems because they don’t wear tampons" -- ginger67

“If your husband will drink Mountain Dew before sex then the sperm will swim faster and you'll get pregnant.” Given to me by a college educated woman who conceived the first month she tried and is now due with her 4th son! -- jehnm

"All you need is a bottle of wine and sexy underwear." I have a drawer FULL from my wedding shower -- 5 YEARS AGO! -- k-mart

AHHHHH - Haley - I am sorry I missed the highs and lows of your postings, but can I just say it is still early, and plenty of people don't get their positives until much later on. Fingers crossed that it was an early positive and will be there super strong again tomorrow for the 23rd.

For anyone who's had a tough day, read this ... https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsne...eople-you-briefly-love-when-you-have-children although be warned, my hormones meant I did sob my way through a few of the posts! It makes you feel good about the world though.

AFM - went shopiing for summery maternity clothes today - only had wintry ones and it's finally warmed up here. Got lots of nice comments on how neat my bump was from strangers which made me smile :)

Although early, unfortunately I only have til tomorrow :( If I get a negative result tomorrow I have to stop the medications...

Thanks for you kind words!! I hope tomorrow is the day!!!

I will read what you posted over my lunch hour in case I break down crying lol

"Just get drunk and you'll get pregnant!”---Been told this so many times that I actually tried it a few months ahah

"Just relax and it will happen". --I want to punch the person in the face everytime they say this to me.

"Buy a really big turkey baster, that way you can really get those sperm in there. "----My sister in law brought this up at xmas...uhm i was scared

My cousin told me it was because we didn't have enough tragedy going on in our lives right now... He and his wife got pregnant when went they were flat broke and both jobless."----we have had more than enough tragedy where is our baby??

"You should be having sex 8 times a day.” -- Im lucky if DH can go 8 times a month

“When you stop trying it will happen.” -- *****face palm******

“Everything happens for a reason.” ---How about STFU!!!!

Giraffes- reading through those right now...its def making me tear up. I have been in many of those situations and those people truly are angels

Well I tested tonight and it was negative. I couldn't wait 4 hours without drinking or peeing so it was a little dilute! Tomorrow is the true test!!!! I hope I can get some rest tonight! My stomach has been in knots all day!!!! :(

Well it's official.... I'm not pregnant. Tested negative this morning. Will test one more time this evening but it's unlikely to change! What a horrible day!! I hope I can keep it together being around my whole family tonight (it's my Mom's birthday)

I just don't get it :( Wish I could stay in bed ALL day!!!

Ok now it's really official!!! I had the urge to pee so I it up about an hour after testing and what do ya know HEAVY bleeding!! Are you serious??? Like I'm not even supposed to start bleeding until I stop the progesterone! I'm so emotionally drained! Waiting for the doctor to open so I can make my appointment!

This sucks!!!

Wishin, still praying for you girly!! I hope you get your BFP soon!!

Awww Haley I'm so sorry hun! I know there's nothing I can say to make u feel better but I want you to know I'm thinking of you. Always here if you need us, huge great big hugs x x x

Haley I'm so sorry! it's even worse that the stupid test clearly was a bfp and messed with your mind! I sending you big hugs I hope today goes super fast so u can get into bed and recoup :(

Afm- bfn at 11dpo so I'm pretty sure I'm out. Af is due saturday

Super bummed

Sorry for you too wishn, but your not out yet, i've said before i've never had a positive test till the day af due so you never know, Ruby may still be right!! xx

Yep she's right! You aren't out yet!! You are only 11 dpo which is still quite early!

Afm, I just got off the phone with my doc and I'm set for an appointment Friday morning! I guess we'll go from there! I'm going to ask him if he thinks it's a good idea to have the hubby checked. He had told me it was probably not necessary because we had gotten pregnant so he didn't feel concerned yet to have him checked. Maybe things are different now... I guess everyday brings something new!

Haley ur such a strong person **BIG HUGS**

Thanks Nats- I dont feel optimistic...and now I feel crazy too. I know you can will your self into believing symptoms but I didnt even KNOW heart palpitations WAS a symptom until after I got them and decided to look it up to see if it could be. It said in early pregnancy heart palpitations can result due to increased blood flow. And the awful awful heartburn was also weird because I know the only time I have EVER had heartburn was when pregnant but even then I didnt get it until the 3rd tri...I just dont get how I got so many good symptoms and now I am sitting here thinking i have lost my damn mind and made everything up?

Haley - I'm so sorry hon, huge hugs. I hate that the test played a cruel joke on you. Good luck at your appointment. huge hugs again, thinking of you xx

Wishin - no giving up yet. x

Giraffes - loved the thread, spent all night reading it. there are so lovely people in the world x

Well I called my Dr and she refered me to a fertility center. Im kinda pissed off because apparently I could have gone to the fertility center at any time. But I feel some kind of peace knowing that I will at least rule out anything being wrong or if something is wrong or delaying the process then I hope I get help with it

I am just scared to death that I will walk in and they wont help me or just tell me ot lose weight. Ill be so mad!

Haley - I am so so sorry. I hope your doc has some answers on Friday and you can face another cycle.

Wishin - I'm sure the fertility people will be lovely, it was when we started seeing them that things improved for us!

Leia - glad you liked the thread, I keep thinking over some of the stories. Like the woman in the hotel who continued to write to that little girl who'd lost her dad. And the man who found that boy's blanket and brought it to the house later on.

AFM - 20 week scan tomorrow and I'm terrified. I know my bump is expanding and everything was fine 4 weeks ago at our last scan but I can't stop worrying that there's something wrong. So hopefully it will all go well, and we'll get to know what colour it is!

G- cant wait to find out what team you are on!!!

I reared up at the blanket one also! My son has a blankie he calls lily and he goes everywhere with it. He won't go to sleep without her and when he gets upset if he doesn't have her it's horrible because he won't calm down. That man went out of his way to return that blankie and I absolutely know how grateful that mother must have been

Haley, so sorry about the false positive... that is absolutely LAME. I did read on the TWW forums that there is a bad batch if ICs out there. You may want to check your batch # against that post.

Wishin - You're not out yet, girlie! Let me restate how my BFF got a negative at 11 dpo, and a + at 13 dpo. She said it was even so faint at 13 dpo that she could barely see it.

Giraffes, I am so excited to update your bundle color on the front page tomorrow! I am guessing... girl! No idea why, I just think that sounds right. Have you had any "feelings" about what it may be? Since about 2 weeks after my BFP I just felt strongly boy so I wasn't surprised at all when they guessed boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->