I've got my anti-witch spray!

Good morning everyone!

The appointment went ok. They DID tell me that if they find anything 'wrong' they wont be able to treat me until I lose about 15-20lbs. So that was dissapointing...but again..my fault and I knew that they would say it.

They are going to run a bunch of tests to rule stuff out so Im glad that they are still at least willing to do that much while I work on losing weight.

Today I am having HSG done...
When my next cycle begins I will have a u/s done to check follicles or something?
Both DH and I have a bunch of blood work to do
DH has to do a sperm analysis which Im still trying to talk him into

***SIGH***

It would be much easier to have a baby if Icould do it on my own

Ahh wishin!! Well at least it's relieving to know they are doing all the tests and not making you wait until you lose the weight!! Good luck!! Hope everything comes back A-OK!!!!

I'm currently waiting in the doctors office for my appointment. I have a post coital test first, then my ultrasound!! I don't remember who asked, but no we don't BD at the doctors. We BD at home approx 2 hours before the appointment then they take a sample from your cervix and examine it under a microscope! Ill get those results today so no waiting!! THANK GOODNESS!!!!

Well I'll keep y'all updated :)

Hope everyone is doing great!!!

Haley I am leaving for my appt in about 10 mins lol...

I am a little nervous. You all are going to think I am crazy but I still am not 100% convinced that I am not pregnant. I am still getting negative hpts but with all the symptoms I had that I couldnt have possibly made up in my mind (some I could have and im disregarding those) in addition to the fact that my period was sooo weird. I dunno I am just not convinced that there is not a chance Im pregnant.

So anyways I am going through with it because its very likely that I am just crazy and making myself believe that Im pregnant and I dont want to waste another cycle. But if for some crazy reason I am pregnant then it would prob end up in a loss due to hsg :(

Ok gtg to the dr later! gl haley! and thanks for explaining how the test is done i had no idea how they did that either ahah

oh and not sure if you have read about it but someone read up on decidual bleeding and i SWEAR thats exactly what i had. usually my periods are spotting the day before which is a tiny bit of blood when i wipe. followed by full flow the enxt day that last from 3-4 days and i always have tonz of clotting.

my last period srated with one BIG spotting incident then nothing...then 2 days of full flow which had little to no clots and then nothing. just very different from my periods i was weirded out .i know u all think im nuts....its ok i do too

Wishin - hardly crazy. If you are then i'm betting we all are. I can count on both hands the amount of times that I have tested after AF (even when it was normal) because I had convinced myself that I was pregnant, sadly I never was. Really glad that they are going to test you anyway prior to having to lose weight. Let us know how you get on and good luck convincing your OH. xx

Haley - Waiting to hear your results, good luck hon xx

Wishin - Glad it seems like your appointment went well today. At least they are carrying on with the testing. Just remember that every step (whether it's good or bad at the start) will get you closer to getting pregnant. I know what you mean about the strange AF, though. I had a few weird ones here and there and wondered what the heck was going on. Even after getting my BFP I had 5 days of spotting (although it was spotting and nothing more).

I had a friend who has very light cycles and her first month being pregnant she thought that her SUPER light cycle was strange, but 2 weeks later she started screaming at DH for chewing too loudly and decided to take a test only to find out she was 6 weeks along at that point. So it does happen! However, MOST women are able to get a positive reading by the day their AF is missed. I don't think you're crazy at all. :)

Haley - hope your appointment went well! Looking forward to hearing your results!

Ok ladies... The appointment went GREAT!!! Post coital test was great! DH sperm is perfect so the SA is not needed!! WOOHOO!!!

Only had 1 follicle large enough to produce an egg but it was pretty big!! YAY :) I had the trigger shot again and my doctor fussed me about taking pregnancy tests early!! lol it was really probably the most honest laugh that I've had in awhile!!!

So of course because we had the post coital test we dtd this morning.. I got my smiley tonight and now I am having tons of ewcm.. Debating whether I want to dtd again tonight or wait until morning.. Just don't want to miss it!!! lol Hubby is good with either.. What do you ladies think I should do??

Haley - That's wonderful! I think if DH doesn't have any count issues then it doesn't matter. I would say go for it when you see the EWCM! That's the only time DH and I dtd during my fertile period, and well... you know how that turned out!

I agree that if your dh didn't have any issues with his swimmers then
Go at it girl! :)

Ps- why didn't someone tell me hsg hurts!? It went well no blockage! So next step is
Blood work and them u/s at the beginning of next flow

Yay for Haley and Wishin - good news all round :) So pleased for both of you xxx

Well the tww began today!! Uggh! Here we go again :)

Wishin, hope you are feeling better!!!

Good luck Haley,

My darling oh has agreed to bd from tues to tues, think I'm due to ovulate around thurs, fri or sat but I'm away on a hen weekend fri till sun so will miss sat nite for sure but gonna try for fri morning and sun nite and just hope for the best, feeling positive this month!

Lol at what I just wrote, how many times have I said I'm positive for this month? Only time will tell xxxxx

Wishin - Hope everything is going well for you this month and that you don't have any lasting pain from the procedure.

Haley - Yay!! I always found the tww to be less stress than the first half since there's nothing to do but enjoy yourself now. So live it up and we'll all cross our fingers that this is your month!!

Nats - Sounds like a great plan! Timing is everything and it sounds like you will have it covered entirely!

AFM - Had my 16 week appointment this week and it was pretty boring. This was the first time I went in and had no results to review, no ultrasound to do, or paperwork to fill out. I literally went in, got weighed, had BP taken and then sat there while my doctor asked how my headaches and nausea were. Since both of them have subsided she basically said, "Great! Then see you next month!"

I am still waiting to feel movement. Any of the currently pregnant or previously pregnant remember when they started feeling it? I literally don't feel ANYTHING and women on the forums who are 16 weeks are saying that the baby kicks hard enough that even their husbands can feel it from the outside! What?!

With my first I didn't feel movement until I was 5 and a half months pregnant, and even then it was only little flutters, with my second it was much earlier about 3 and a half months, so I shouldn't worry u will defo get movement soon and after a while u will wonder what it feels like to not have moving body parts inside you! Lol
It is however such a magical thing x x x

Ok, a little off topic, but this forum has been a little slow lately, so how about a HUGE vent from me?! Bear with me ladies, I am PO'd right now!

A little background: I hate gift showers, from bridal to baby, mostly because they just seem like a party you invite a bunch people to that you know well or barely know at all to come and give you a ton of gifts. They just seem greedy sometimes. For baby showers, I understand more because there is a lot of stuff to buy and a lot of people are willing to buy baby a gift anyway, so you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I will have one, but only because my friend is throwing it for me, and because it is my first child.

Note: I did not have a wedding shower because we eloped and I did not want one either. We received no wedding gifts except for the money my parent's gave us that funded our trip to Vegas, and a couple miscellaneous gifts from family and friends that were given because they wanted to. There was no registry (on purpose). When my MIL asked if we were going to throw a party and invite everyone to celebrate I told her that would defeat the point of eloping in order to keep costs to a minimum. Her response? "Well then how will you get gifts?!?" Uhhh, I don't care? As far as I am concerned, if I don't invite someone to my wedding, then why would I expect them to give me a gift?

I digress... on to the real meat of this rant.

Yesterday I received a baby shower invite to my SIL's baby shower... that she is throwing for herself. Ok, fine, you don't have anyone to throw it for you, I understand. Except that she already has a 2 year old girl. Granted, this one is a boy, so I can understand a SMALL registry of diapers, clothing, and some toys. I don't believe in having multiple BIG showers unless the kid is born years after the last sibling when you thought you were done having kids. She, on the other hand is 25 and has always wanted more kids....

So I went onto her registry expecting to see a small list of the before mentioned items only to see that she has registered for 3 cribs, 2 plush rocking chairs, swings, mattresses, 5 different diaper bags, high chairs, 2 separate pack n' plays, boppy pillows, multiple strap on carriers, etc... WTH?? And then the worst part was when I saw her registering for pink diapers (36 month size) and toys for ages 2-6. Those items are OBVIOUSLY for her 2 year old daughter and I find it in super poor taste to be registering for them in your latest kid's baby shower. I scanned through the list and there must be over 300 items and $5,000 worth of stuff that she is registered for. I can't understand why someone with a 2 year old would need ALL of that stuff for a new baby.

Not to even mention that her invite asked for not only a gift, but for people to also cook a dish, and bring diapers for a raffle.

Ummm usually my limit for kids per event is $25 (birthday/Christmas/baby shower) and for a wedding $50. If I buy food, diapers, and a gift it's going to be WAY more than that!

Am I totally a Scrooge or is my SIL being greedy??

wow! omg that is mega bucks!! hard to comment as baby showers over here are seen a an american idea and are starting to get more common I believe although I have never heard of gift lists like that (that is a wedding thing). When I was pregnant some friends put money together and bought me a few token items as a surprise and set out some decorations and food. That was nice. Listing all that stuff is sooo extravagent and very cheeky asking for items for her daughter! But just because she asks doesn't mean she will get right? You should not feel obliged to spend that much, especially when you have a little one coming!

Linz - firstly with my first i didnt feel any movement until 18 - 20 weeks and even then it was a tiny bubble like feeling where i thought is this baby?. It will happen and soon and is the most magical thing in the world :).

secondly, i am completely with you on the showers. we did a similar thing for our wedding and had it on our land. because we live in a different country to most of our friends we offered them somewhere to holiday (camping) for as long as they wanted and to bring what drink they wanted to drink. Friends here we asked to bring a dish of something with them. no gifts, except like you the ones that were a surprise from the people who wanted. I have never had a baby shower, although not really an english thing. Your SIL, in my opinion, is being greedy and you are not being a scrooge. Those are crazy asks even for a first baby. Buy something within your buying price range and leave it at that. xx

I agree, Gemmy! Even though showers are common place here, the reason I dislike them is for this kind of thing. When it turns into a present fest rather than focusing on the happy experience of welcoming the baby. People were horrified when I didn't have a wedding shower and all they could ask was how I was going to get presents, then?? My explanation was that getting married was the only gift I needed and if people REALLY felt compelled to get me something then it would be on their own terms and not mine.

For my best friend I bought her the car seat she registered for and it was about $110, but we've been besties since we were 2. There is no one else I would spend that kind of $ on. I will probably spend $25 on a gift like I normally do. Then I will probably spend $15 on a smaller pack of diapers, and probably skip on the chili (she indicated it was to be a chili cookoff and have everyone prepare their best recipe). We're already going to be driving 2 hours to get there, so I'll just say I wouldn't have been able to keep the food warm and we'll eat before hand since I don't believe in showing up at a pot luck empty handed and then eating as well.

sounds like a plan :) and of course for a best friend you do feel the warmth for thm to want to spoil them :) you have the right idea! We don't have wedding showers but wedding gifts at an actual wedding on the day. There is a lot of pressure on you. My friend who emigrated 10 years ago mentioned the "push present" you guys have (though like that idea - I mentioned it many a time to dh ;) but actally was the last thing I thought of in labour lol) and she mentioned another tradition - was it a holiday/vacation thing? don't know, minds gone blank lol :)

Well that's the thing about wedding showers is that if you get invited to a wedding shower, you are expected to bring a gift, and then ALSO send one (or bring one) for the wedding.

And the vacation/holiday you are talking about is a babymoon. Personally, I'm not wealthy enough to go off vacationing when I'm trying to save up (DH is going to stay home so we'll be a 1 income family for awhile). However, we go camping during the summer weekends and that's our favorite get away. Plus we just went to Hawaii in January for our belated honeymoon. I can't see us needing another vacation before the baby arrives.

As for the push present, I'd never heard of that before till I read a thread on it in second tri. I think it sounds wonderful to be showered with a gift after giving birth, but for me, DH has been treating me like a queen this entire pregnancy: feeding me when I can't cook (even though he's a terrible cook), putting up with my lack of libido and crying spells, rubbing my belly every night, and holding my hair back as I throw up. I couldn't imagine (as some of the women in this thread I was reading) demanding he get me a gift for carrying his child for 9 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->