I've started....I'm gonna do it this time!

J

Jessa

I've never posted in this part of the forum, so don't know some of you at all (and you don't know me, probably!), but I wanted to join in on the weight loss part.

I'm currently 180lbs and am trying to get down to about 155lbs, so a grand total loss of 25lbs. I haven't weighed less than 175lbs EVER, except when I was a kid, of course.

I've started working out twice a week with a personal trainer and I'm on a nutritional plan he set out for me. It's not really a diet, but has more to do with controlling my portion size.

Anyway, I hope to encourage others in their weight loss dreams as well! :)

Hey hun, welcome to the board! I too am trying to lose weight through healthy eating and exercise, and so far it's a lot easier than I imagined. :) I don't miss the junk at all, and love feeling good.

Good luck in your journey!

Hey hun, welcome to the board! I too am trying to lose weight through healthy eating and exercise, and so far it's a lot easier than I imagined. :) I don't miss the junk at all, and love feeling good.

Good luck in your journey!

Thanks, rafwife! I'm looking forward to getting to know you girls in our quest to lose weight. I've never been so determined to lose weight before in my life. I just want to feel better about myself.

I'm finding it fairly easy thus far too, although I've only been at it about two weeks. How long have you been eating more healthy? Do you find you have lots of cravings to fend off?

I've been eating healthy for just over 3 weeks, and have lost 8lbs.

I've had some cravings, but they don't last long and I do other things to take my mind off of it, or have something else to eat.

Like tonight, I really fancied ice cream, so made a frozen banana smoothie with bananas, frozen fruit, a splash of low fat milk and some honey :)

Sounds great - and tasty, too! I'm finding that I'm not hungry like I thought I was going to be. Eating the smaller portions is different than I was before, but I'm not noticing a huge difference.

My trainer gave me a nutritional plan that he wants me to follow to the letter, but I haven't been able to stick to it 100%. I've mixed things together a bit to make it so I enjoy it a bit more. For example, yesterday I was supposed to have a chicken wrap for lunch and beef for dinner, but instead I had chicken without the wrap for lunch, and a beef wrap for dinner. Same portions, different meals. Hopefully that's okay and I'm not doing something I shouldn't be. I'm going to go one more week before weighing myself again. Hopefully I'm losing weight....since that is the plan!!! :)

Sounds good! It's great you've got help. I see my trainer once a week :)

I find that if I eat enough protein (about 20% if my daily intake) I feel fuller, healthier, don't want to snack, etc.

Its amazing what a difference different foods can make to your body so quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->