I've stopped gaining weight

kimmie_kisses

us four
Reaction score
It seems as though my weight has plateaued. I'm 5' and started my first pregnancy at 107 lbs and gained 47 lbs. I started this pregnancy at 127 lbs. I lost about 10 lbs due to morning sickness. Now at almost 32 weeks I'm 130. I've been stuck here for about 3 weeks. I'm also borderline gestational diabetic so I've been watching what I eat more the last few weeks. I have an ultrasound scheduled for this coming Wednesday to make sure everything is going well. Should I be concerned?

No. It's normal to stop gaining and even lose weight near the end.

No - I stopped gaining at 36 weeks last time - hoping to do the same this time! xx

I wouldn't worry yet. I had a month or so around 30 weeks where I didn't gain weight (and another month where I gain something like 8 pounds!). I haven't gained anything in the last 2 weeks, which I think is also normal right at the end of pregnancy.

The ultrasound will (hopefully) give you reassurance that baby is growing well. As long as baby is doing fine and you have enough energy, then there is no need to worry. If you feel like you need to get more calories in for you and/or baby, chose things with higher protein or fat content. That helps slow the sugar absorption (less blood sugar spikes) and can be more calorie dense.

I've been the same weight too, for my last four appts (since 32 wks), and lost weight at one point too.

I started at 133lb, and I've been 140lb since 20 weeks. My midwife was amazed I've kept it bang on 140 and it's not wavered at all at any appointment.
She's not worried about it though, baby has still grown and my belly is bigger. I think the extra effort lugging her around is burning off more than usual haha.

Nope, not at all. I have gestational diabetes and since my diagnosis at 28 weeks and eating better I've lost a few pounds too. It is normal, especially if you are cutting out sugary drinks and food.

My appt yesterday went great. Ultrasound showed everything is right on track. She is growing well and my weight is not an issue. Thanks again for your reassuring comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->