IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

NH is pretty and it REALLY helps when your retired FIL lives with you (but has his own in-law apt) and really enjoys snowblowing! I barely lift a finger during the winter these days, except to start up the yummy comfort food and keep the fire going while they are all out there! :)
We got a riding lawn mower this year too so he loves taking care of the lawn now as well!

ren - we went to Montana/Yellowstone earlier this year, in Feb! We flew into Bozeman and then spent a night in Bozeman the day before we were set to fly out. Not much going on in that town! :) but a beautiful view of the mountains. And Yellowstone was breathtaking, especially in the winter with no crowds!

Hope - that sounds like a great plan for many reasons. What is THB?

dizzy - England is on my list of places to go in the future. A friend of mine just took an 'Anne Bolynn' (sp?)/Henry VIII trip with her friend there and loved it! Looked like a great time and so beautiful.

I actually really like living here (for the most part). It's basically Vegas without the gambling! Yes it gets really hot but living here is so convenient - my commute to work is 10 minutes compared to an hour and a half in NJ and you can literally get anything delivered to your apartment (even Starbucks)!

I miss my friends back in NJ/NY and some of the comforts of home life in the U.S., but on the whole this is a decent place to be for a few years.

I live in Wisconsin!
I will be doing acupuncture, I plan on calling tomorrow now that I have my work schedule for the next few weeks.

It would be so amazing if we could all meet half way somewhere!!! xxx

Have a doctor's appt tomorrow! All goes well I start my millions of meds on Friday!

Yay!! Good luck!
So I found out something interesting when we did iui, we had 6 eggs each time 3 were 16-20mm or bigger. But three were 6-10mm and to small when we triggered. I now am not surprised she is worried about ohss.

6?, wow I had 2 most months, though I was on 5mg not 7.5. Glad they are watching for it. Glad they aren't downregging me on lupron.

I'm originally from Western NY, but live in Maryland now. 8 days of BCP pills down, 12 pills to go.

It's been a busy but stressful week so far. First the flooring I was scheduled to get installed was canceled for Monday and rescheduled for Tuesday. Then they didn't show up until 1:30 in the afternoon! Then once they tore the rug up they found out my old hardwood floors from the 50s were too bad to lay laminate over and the work required to make it even work (but still not be perfect) would be a lot of work. So we canceled that all together.

Then the realtor showed up today to evaluate my house. At this point the current rug was laid haphazardly back in place and is cut in pieces so it looks like crap.

So I'm get new flooring estimates tomorrow and Saturday for carpet. AH, in more ways then one I can't wait for August to get here. Hopefully all this stress is done by time my FET takes place so I can just chill and my babies implant nicely.

Christie - not long to go now! And all that stress over the flooring. How maddening. Hope that it all calms down for a peaceful August for you. Are you selling your house?

BMW - hope all goes well at the appointment. Yay that you are getting started really soon :happydance:

Wish - I am from England originally (up north). So if you do visit England, don't just go to London please visit the beautiful countryside of the Lake District or head up to York. There is so much history in England and so many cool places to visit :haha:

Hi to everyone else and happy Thursday!

psalm - great advice, thank you. I'm all about landscape so I'd love to see the beautiful countryside as well as London-town.

you girls are getting me so excited for my stimming to start and I don't even know when that will be!

I'm on another thread for Loss and a new bnb friend of mine had her procedure last week as well. She went in for a scan yesterday and she's all clear. They told her to start trying again ASAP, as we're most fertile after a m/c. I wonder if the same would go for me, or do you think it would be different b/c I was medicated (stims, progesterone, etc etc)? As much as I'd love to get preg naturally, I'm not holding out hope on that. But it's a nice thought!

I hear of people getting pregnant after an ivf loss naturally. I know one girl personally who did. Sometimes I think any pregnancy no matter how long might fix a small hormone inbalance you might have before ivf. Because I know someone else who just got a mirena because she had a son via ivf. Then a few months later was surprised to learn she was pregnant naturally and had a little girl.
If I go to England I want to go to Durham :) Then probably Herefordshire to see where my cows came from originally and York for family history. I should probably rent a car :haha:

Hi ladies I would like to join your group! :hi:

Technically I'm starting my precycle now but the intent is to lead in to stims the beginning of August. I guess I'm doing an estrogen priming protocol with a round of letrozole now with monitoring and the estrace starting 7 days after ovulation.

I just had the meeting with the RE this morning and my head is swimming. I thought we would get more direction and recommendations but she just laid out a lot of options. Modified IVF, Full IVF, ICSI, PGS. We sit down with the nurse tomorrow to iron out schedules and cost. Because of my age and AMH my RE anticipates 7-10 eggs with full IVF. Anyone read research on modified IVF? She brought that up as well. Starting to freak out about all the options. :wacko:

Anyway looking forward to following along with everyone as they go through their journeys.

Hi Crystal sorry you have to join us! It was great chatting with you the other night :)
Is modified the smaller ivf? Less drugs and scans? Our clinic has micro ivf they call it which, is cheaper but they take less eggs etc. What is your amh?
We will be doing icsi. But will not be doing pgs.

Hi Crystal sorry you have to join us! It was great chatting with you the other night :)
Is modified the smaller ivf? Less drugs and scans? Our clinic has micro ivf they call it which, is cheaper but they take less eggs etc. What is your amh?

Modified ivf is basically femara with injectables, sort of like with IUI cycles but they can increase the injectables. They get fewer eggs, but sometimes they are better quality. She told me the costs even without medication are much better. But the success rates are lower because of fewer eggs. The reason it is under consideration is that they aim for 5-7 eggs with mild/modified/micro ivf and they are aiming for 7-10 for me with full ivf. On one hand I seem to respond well to femara/gonal f, on the other hand this method potentially involves more attempts. It's a big gamble.

We are looking at doing at least half the eggs icsi. My RE is concerned that ICSI leaves no room for natural selection and that it has been connected to low weight babies, but on the other hand sometimes the sperm can't penetrate the egg and you get no fertilization. So if she can she does some of each.

My AMH is 7.2 which is on the low end of things (it's using the scale where this is lowish). My AFC is usually 9-13, FSH around 5.6. Except the month coming off bcp which is why we are not doing bcp the cycle before.

And thanks! It was great chatting with you as well. :thumbup:

Hi Crystal, I am sorry you have to join a thread, but really glad it could be ours. Thanks for stating that your amh had different units. I had a little freakout when you said seven was low, but it makes sense now.:blush:

It sounds like your doctor is firmly in the quality versus quantity camp. When you do decide what you will be stimming with let me know. I am trying to keep more info on the first page if this thread so we can look at it and know who is on the same protocol as we are. I think it helps balance it when we see so and so got 50 eggs but I had say 10.

Beneathmywing, good luck at the dr. today.

I got 7 eggs with regular ivf and high stims, bfn, no frosties and then did a max stim cycle and that failed miserably and we had to canceled. My follicles stopped growing. I honestly think the high dose of meds burned them out. I then changed re and he felt i should do microivf so i dont damage quality of the eggs i do make which such strong meds.. Did femara, one vial menopur and 225 units of follistim and ended up with 11 follies! All mature! I clearly did better with low stims and femara. My doctor was aiming for at least 5, and I got double that. Some people just do better with lower stims! Plus, I got three frosties. With DOR, I never thought id ever have frosties.

welcome, crystal! I think I do full IVF, ICSI on all of them (last time I only got 6 eggs) and PGS isn't covered so we didn't do that. We didn't and won't do PGD either. Figure leave some of this up to nature. And my AMH is in the 2's - just awful. B/c of that and DH's low count, we are best doing ICSI to all of them and not leaving any up to chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->