IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

yikes!! Thanks for posting that link, Ren! My prenatals have a C rating and get this: "This product met all purity standards but saw 8 key nutrients record label claim variances in excess of 10%. Folate stood out as the worst offense, measuring at 306.25% off its label claim." I've been using the Vitafusion gummies for a couple of years now, they are so tasty. I'll have to switch to the Nature Made like you all have. Who knew that vitamins wouldn't actually have what they say they have in them?? that's annoying.

Dizzy - as the girls said, the stims aren't bad at all. Overall, it's weird to stick yourself, but I never got a bruise and it was only the med that would sting a bit (I think the Menopur did, but the Gonal-F was fine for me). I didn't have the PIO injections, I did progesterone gel inserts. Different set of fun with that!

Hope - that's GREAT!!!! not long now, I'm so excited for you!!

I also use the Naturemade soft gels....they are easier on my stomach and I do have a sensitive stomach sometimes!

Wow us woman get such the rough end of the deal yet I always feel bad when dh has to go produce another sample x can't wait to get started now feels ages off hoping it flys by

Wish- welcome. Sorry to hear about your previous cycle.

Copied from the journal
Just got back, the plan is to go on bcp in august or September depending on the money raised we have for shots comes through in time or not. Our protocol is birth control until (date doctor specifies) on day 2 off bcp come in for a baseline and if all is well start gonal f, continue that and every other day ultrasounds (or so) until we start Cetrotide. Then I have two injections a day gonal f and the cetrotide. Which stops me from ovulating until trigger time, with ovidrel. Which will be around day 12-14. She said we have around a 70% chance of getting pregnant.
We went to shot class and had one other lady there. It was not that exiting to me, the nurse asked if I had a medical background because rarely people draw out meds right I guess. I got my prescriptions and finally went home.

Cowgirl - That's awesome you are getting back on the TTC horse! 70% chance is great too.

Just curious if anyone has tried or is planning to try acupuncture? I don't know if it's to late since my transfer is set for just over a month away. I have an appointment this Friday for a consultation. I've never done it before, but at this point I will try almost anything. I also have an appointment with my RE for a endometrial scratch this Friday too, anyone done that?

I have been doing acupuncture for a few months and I love it. It is very relaxing. I will continue through my cycle of for anything but to keep me calm.

Hope - I used acupuncture during my last IVF. I really enjoyed it regardless of whether it was for IVF or not. I have bad circulation in my hands and feet and they were helping me with that, as well as having 3 terrible colds in a row and they were assisting me with my sinuses. I loved it purely for the relaxation I felt in doing it. I would definitely do it again if I knew of a good place here in Dubai. Hope it all works out for you :thumbup:

TTC - Glad to hear you like it

Psalm - I'm surprised there isn't a good place in Dubai. How do you like it there? Did you recently move there?

It's so cool how there are people from all over the world on this thread. Where is everyone from? I'm from Hawaii. Psalm you are Dubai, TTC aren't you in the Caribbean? How about everyone else?

cowgirl - awesome plan! always feels good to have that ready for you.

Hope - a good friend of mine was having fertility issues and acupuncture helped her get her first, I believe. Try it! if anything, you'll relax a whole lot, it sounds like!

i'm in boring old NH :) though it is really pretty here, just doesn't sound as exotic as NY, Hawaii, Dubai or the Caribbean!

You are right Hope! It is so amazing how everyone on this thread is from somewhere different. We all come with our own history and background but can support each other in our difficult journey.

I am sure there is somewhere here in Dubai that would be good for acupuncture but I haven't had chance to find it and don't want to stress out over trying to find somewhere while going through our second IVF. We are much better off this time because I am actually in the same place as DH. Last time he was in Dubai and I was back in NJ (having treatment in NY) so that made it horrendous.

Hope everyone is well! xoxo

International IVF, wow psalm, I can't even imagine..

Hope, I have seen a lot of ladies swear by it. It isn't my thing, so I may just get a massage done instead.

Wish2Bmom, NH sounds like a great state. Not boring at all. I am in Montana about 80 miles from Yellowstone park. I am originally from Salt Lake and my husband from Portland OR.

Aloha Ladies & Good Morning!
Wish - I have a friend in NH and it looks gorgeous there, she always has the most beautiful photos of trees and the colors changing in the fall. Winter is not my gig though so I don't envy her when she is shoveling snow in her driveway every morning.

Ren - I have always wanted to go to Montana. We have lots of friends there and I LOVE fishing so it's on my bucket list of places to go in the summer.

Psalm - Do you like living in Dubai?

Beneath - Are you in NYC or upstate area? I've heard upstate is beautiful, but I've heard the City can be pretty fun too.

Well my journey to FET is getting closer. I have my Endo Scratch and start acupuncture Friday. I start Estrace & aspirin on Tuesday, then stop BCP a few days later, then wait for AF to show. I found out my 2 :cold::cold: are grade 5AA and 5BB so I think that's good. We are going to transfer one a time since according to RE we have a 2/3 chance of a THB. I would rather have 2 chances if it doesn't work. Also, our hospital here sucks and has no NICU so if I had twins I would most likely have to fly to another island to deliver and the babies would have to stay there for a while if early.

I hope everyone is having a great Hump Day!!

I'm from good old England where it's currently cold n rainy and supposed to be summer :dohh: I've been to New York but that's the furthest I've ever travelled xx

Yep I live in the Bahamas but me and DH are originally from Florida. DH got a job here so we moved! I love it here!

Aloha Ladies & Good Morning!
Wish - I have a friend in NH and it looks gorgeous there, she always has the most beautiful photos of trees and the colors changing in the fall. Winter is not my gig though so I don't envy her when she is shoveling snow in her driveway every morning.

Ren - I have always wanted to go to Montana. We have lots of friends there and I LOVE fishing so it's on my bucket list of places to go in the summer.

Psalm - Do you like living in Dubai?

Beneath - Are you in NYC or upstate area? I've heard upstate is beautiful, but I've heard the City can be pretty fun too.

Well my journey to FET is getting closer. I have my Endo Scratch and start acupuncture Friday. I start Estrace & aspirin on Tuesday, then stop BCP a few days later, then wait for AF to show. I found out my 2 :cold::cold: are grade 5AA and 5BB so I think that's good. We are going to transfer one a time since according to RE we have a 2/3 chance of a THB. I would rather have 2 chances if it doesn't work. Also, our hospital here sucks and has no NICU so if I had twins I would most likely have to fly to another island to deliver and the babies would have to stay there for a while if early.

I hope everyone is having a great Hump Day!!

Im in NYC! It can be fun, unless youre an old married couple like DH and I and rather stay home and watch tv haha lol

So excited for your transfer! Did you ever find out if those were the day 5 embies or day 6?

DH & I are the same way staying home at night, but shoots, when we were your age we were out every nights

I didn't ask if they were they 5 or 6 day embies. I might after the transfer though. I have enough stuff to google right now and the more info I have the more I google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->