IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

thanks for the welcome! yeah, we hope this next round is a bit more of a success. I had a sneaking suspicion that we'd need a couple of tries.
I'm rolling in some CoQ10 and maybe some straight folic acid if I can find any, to prep my eggs. Can't hurt, right? Anyone else trying to help their situation out with some outside help?

Good luck to all! I see Psalm, you're starting stims - woo!! good luck!!

Ren/TTC - good to see you too! Ren, those SA results sound awesome!!

oh, and I know someone tracks the protocol stuff - we'll do fresh, ICSI and transferring 2 if we're lucky enough to have 2 again. :) I have a frozen one in the wings but only one made it through that, so we decided to go fresh again.

Do u ladies follow any diet as such in the build up I've been taking folic acid since we 1st started tcc but that's it I'm the right weight for my height barely drink now and practically have given up caffeine already but any thoughts n suggestions :thumbup:

Do u ladies follow any diet as such in the build up I've been taking folic acid since we 1st started tcc but that's it I'm the right weight for my height barely drink now and practically have given up caffeine already but any thoughts n suggestions :thumbup:

I ate a lot of eggs and greens and chicken during my second cycle. They say protein increases egg quality.

Dizzy dolly, I eat gluten, dairy and egg free and sugar free for my autoimmune. We tend to break our meals into threes (protein, veggie and small carb). I am adding a little more red meat and spinach into our diet since zinc and folic acid are so good at reducing chromosome problems on the guys side. Chicken though has great protein and is better for the heart. Hubbs is also taking a 800 mcg of folic acid so we can hopefully get more viable blasts.

Wish2bmom. I also suppliment coq10 400. I am on an additional 3mg of folic acid prescribed by my RE. My own stuff that my re approved but didn't directly prescribe is vitamin D 5000iu, vitamin E, calcium, fish oil (EPA : DHA) 4:1 ratio(very important) and finally 3,000 units of freeze processed acai berry from a company called perfect. My prenatal is from a Rainbow Lite and is a whole food prenatal easier to digest and comes with a probiotic built on. Thanks for stating your protocol. It makes it easier to keep the front page updated when everyone starts stimming at once.

I take a prenatal, vitamin d and calcium, coq10 and acai berry daily along with a baby aspirin but they will have me stop that probably. They have me take baby aspirin after retrieval though.

Yep I am on all of the above hahahaha throw in a little royal jelly for good measure! I think I have been taking about 20 pills per day for the last 2-3 months!

omigosh!! do you all have those little pill dividers that old people use?? ;) totally kidding. I'm on prenatals (before including the new stuff) and my doc said that was perfectly fine and she wouldn't officially recommend anymore b/c there isn't any evidence that it helps. But she mentioned CoQ10, said it certainly doesn't hurt, so I'll do that. I have some calcium chews that I've been ignoring for a few months. I guess I could include those again.
I've also been eating well (except this last week after the D&C, of course :wine:) - I try to avoid carbs as much as possible, I only have coffee a couple of times a week cut down from daily, and I'm already a protein hound, so chicken and eggs are my best friends. Fruits and veggie intake has drastically increased over the past few months too (I wanted to lose a few lbs too so that helped a ton) and try to keep as close to 3L of water a day. PLUS I found these amazing fruit smoothies at the store! WHEW!

Sounds like we're all doing the right things!! :ninja:

I do, because I forget otherwise. :) I am a bit spacey.
I am on a gaining weight diet and eat everything in site, my dr wants me to up my bmi a bit. So anything is free game especially peanut butter cups. :haha:

I totally have one of those old lady am/pm pill cases. I love the thing.:haha:

I don't know how much water I am drinking, but I try to do about 6-8oz an hour. I find I get frustrated if I try to set a big day end goal. Ohh Wish2B I also forgot I also do 1Tbsp of plain psyllium husk in 12-16 oz of water every night. My RE was so happy to hear this. She said it is going to save me so much discomfort with my retrieval and in pregnancy. Apparently the constipation is bad. I use Konsyl instead of Metamucil because it doesn't have added artificial sweetners or hidden gluten.

Wow may have t up it a gear :wacko: although I have been trying more clean eating since the start of the yr & the whole move a bit more eat a bit less idea me n the hubs generally go for a walk each evening through the bad weather we must have looked crazy

Can you ladies recommend which prenantals to take every time I try them my cycle becomes extremely messed up

I love, love love my Rainbow Lite Prenatal. Other good brands are Nordic Naturals(this is who does my EPA) and Nature Made(hubbs Folic Acid). All three have consistently tested that they actually contain what they say they do. Huge thing since our suppliments aren't regulated. Make sure they don't have added hormones like dhea since you have problems with them changing your cycle.

Here is a nice study comparing prenatal accuracy if you want an unbiased comparison.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/prenatal-vitamins

I like Nature Made. I tried a different brand this time around and it seems a bit harsher on my stomach. I'll be going back to Nature Made once I'm done with this bottle.

I'm also on 5,000 units of vit D. I'm only taking 5 pills a day right now.

I use the Nature Made Prenatal with DHA (FYI: DHEA that Ren mentioned is different than DHA)

Everyone seems to be on similar prep which is great. I have been taking prenatals for over two years, plus CoQ10 (specifically Ubiqinol since it supposedly gets into your system better than just the CoQ10) and Vitamin D. Had hubby on CoQ10, zinc and Vitamin C as well for a long time to assist the swimmers (fingers crossed we get a decent amount). He has never had more than 10 million, so ICSI is our best hope!

First injection went well last night. 300 iU of Gonal F using the injectable pen (so pretty easy). We are doing 3 days of stims and then back on Thursday to check progress. This is double the dose from last time so hoping we get more eggs this time!

Thinking of you all!

Talked to my Dr today and have my tentative FET for August 11th!!

How is it injecting yourself I have no probs wit needles but the idea of doing it to yourself.............. Does it leave you sore or not too bad? Fingers crossed for you x

Dizzy - When I did stimming the subcutaneous injections weren't bad at all. I did them myself. Out of 24+ injections in my belly, I only got 2 bruises so I must of hit something, but they didn't hurt. The PIO has a bigger needle and is an intramuscular injection in the butt, so that is a little sore the next day, but not bad.

Hope - that's great! Aug 11th is just around the corner.

Dizzy - the injections aren't too bad as Hope says, especially the ones that are subcutaneous. They can sting a little bit (especially for the meds you have to keep in the fridge) but if you warm up the medication to room temperature before injecting it's much better. The needle in the butt is the one that can hurt. I just found that it was a little harder to sit down where I had been injected but that wore off quite quickly.

Xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->