IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Dizzy - it's one of my favorite acronyms! Soon enough there will be many more on this thread who will be PUPO and I hope just P (for pregnant)!

Beneath - so sorry to hear the estrace isn't treating you well. These things we do to ourselves in the hope of having a child is really marvelous to me. And I feel like we will do pretty much anything. You're doing brilliantly and as ES89 said, the 29th will be here so soon!

ES - I did the short protocol both times. Basically on Day 1 call up the clinic and get booked in or the first time I just showed up on Day 2 of the cycle for my initial scan and bloods. Do you have questions about the protocol? Anything we can help you with?

Ren - thanks for updating the first page! Now is the waiting game!

N8ie and Cowgirl - thanks for the wishes! How's everything going for the two of you?

You will bring on the bfp's for this lucky thread!!! When is OTD?

Im pushing through! Ill be fine and all this will be forgotten when my baby is in my hands!!!

Hopefully we will all be big P's! 😊😊
I'm pretty clued up on what's going to happen, just obviously never done the injections before so I'm a little nervous. Just hope the side effects don't affect me too much. I got told to drink plenty. Did you only have a low dosage too? My amh was 31 so I'm on the lowest dosage

Beneath - OTD is July 30. Not sure whether I will test before or not. Just trying to get through the next week and will see how I feel! You are absolutely right; once we have our much longed for baby, we won't care about any of this stuff!

ES - I was told I had low AMH at my last blood test prior to IVF. Our scale is different and so my number was below 2 (which is not good). However, when I went for the baseline scan this time the Dr. said that actually counting the antral follicles can be a better indicator of how you are going to respond to the stims rather than a number on an AMH scale. For our first IVF, I was on 75 IU of Menopur and 75 IU of Gonal F for 10 days and they got 6 eggs. This time I was on 300 of Gonal F for 6 days, then 150 of Gonal F and 150 of Pergoveris for 2 days and got 7 eggs. So whether I was on a higher or lower dose seemed to make no difference to the number collected but I had all mature eggs the first time and only 4/7 the second time.

congrats on being PUPO, psalm!! That's one of my fave acronyms too. Besides BFP!! FX'ed for 6/30! sticky :dust:

ren - maybe we can be bump buddies!! if my body would like to throw me a bone and give me my first AF post-mc by the end of this month. Not sure though - had bloods done last Thurs and my HCG was still 19. So I have to go in AGAIN this Friday to see if they've finally crept down to 0.

em - how are you feeling?

bmw - I hope the estrace is playing nice. But yes, I fully agree - I'll put up with anything, as I fully intend on forgetting how awful some of this has the potential to be.

Hope - how are you doing?

Everything is fine for me just waiting lol. I started acupuncture last week and am waiting for the next af to see if I will start bcp then or wait until the following cycle

Hope - how are you doing?

I'm good thanks, I finished BCP Saturday and started estrace last week. So far no side effects which is nice. Now just waiting for AF to start so we can get this show on the road. Not having any signs she is going to show anytime soon though. Maybe if I squeeze my belly and jump up and down, eat the eyes of a newt and toes of a frog :haha: So if I figured correctly, transfer will be about 20 days after AF starts. If all goes well this will be my last AF for a long while and I will hopefully be preggo next month at this time.

In the meantime I told DH I want to repaint & redo the floor in our bedroom. We have 10 year old carpet that I want to get rid of. We also decided to repaint the guest room (nursery to be) as we have a few different guests coming to stay with us soon. This got me to looking at nursery themes, we are thinking yellow and gray theme for the guest room/nursery. I hope I'm not jinxing anything.

Joining all you fine Aug/Sept ladies.

I had my first FET in July, but unfortunately that ended in a chemical. So I'll be transfer my second (and only remaining) frosty next cycle - which should end up in Aug or Sept depending on when my period starts.

Welcome Krissy!

Psalm congrats on being our first PUPO! Hopefully you're our first BFP too!

I took my last BCP today, but one of my sons has come down with a fever, which means he can't go to daycare until he has been without a fever for 24 hours. If he has a fever tomorrow then I will have to miss my baseline apt Wednesday. I'm not sure what that will do to my cycle. FX he is better tomorrow so I can drop them off at day care. Or I may need to be sneaky and give him some medicine before dropping him off, go to my apt at 8am and then pick them up before he shows a fever again.

oh I love the color ideas, Hope! I hadn't thought of gray....hmmm..... :)
lemme know if the eyes of newt work and if you find a good deal on them!

hi Krissy! :wave: I'm sorry about your chemical. I'm here after losing my first IVF round as well, waiting on AF. Tick, tick tick...

Krispy - welcome. So sorry to hear about your chemical. Here's to wishing and hoping that the next cycle is the one for you. Did you have PGD on your embryos?

Hope - glad you are on your way. How annoying is it that when we want AF to arrive she never does! Sounds like things will move really quickly once she rears her head!

Christie - thank you for the wishes! I hope so too! I hope your son gets better soon! Is there anyone who can take him while you go to the appointment if he still isn't better? How exciting that you will be starting really soon!

Sorry Krissy! Not sure why my mobile corrected your name to Krispy. I apologize!

I'm think I'm gonna be the last to get started on this thread im so impatient haha xxx question for u all wen u had hsg's done did they change you cycle last cycle was only 24 days and af is getting lighter the cycle before wasn't much better

Wish - FXed that round two is a lucky one for both of us :dust:

Psalm - I only had two eggs fertilize so we decided against PGS for cost reasons. But both eggs that fertilized reached day 5 growing strong, so hopefully next one will work out. And there's been quite a few people who've called me "Krispy" on here lol. I never knew it was an autocorrect thing lol.

Dizzy - I O'ed early than normal on my HSG cycle, so that cycle ended up being short for me as well.

Christie - thank you for the wishes! I hope so too! I hope your son gets better soon! Is there anyone who can take him while you go to the appointment if he still isn't better? How exciting that you will be starting really soon!

Normally it would be my sister, but I just found out she went out of town. She's a few too many states away right now to help out.

dizzy - I O'ed really early right after my AF. in fact, the tech nurse that was in the HSG with me said 'go home and get busy b/c sometimes this causes early O', but I didn't believe her b/c I think I was around cd8 or something. Sure enough, AF came around a whole week earlier! And then my next one was 4 days late.

krissy - definitely, let's make 2nd time a charm!

Christie, hope your boy can break his fever and you can get to your baseline.

Krissy, I wish you didn't have to be here. :hugs: at least we can go through the months together. I don't think I have ever seen you called Krispy, or maybe I just read it and changed it in my brain. Yup, totally didn't see it and it was there all the time.

Dizzy dolly, I just checked and I ovulated exactly one week later. My cycle was only three days longer though, so it was a really short LP. Still, so worth doing it. It gave great information.

Hope, that is hilarious. It is always so weird after all this time to be wishing for AF. I hope she pops her head in soon. There are some really nice grey and yellow colors that would work for a nursery and guest room.

Wish2bmom, it would be great to be bump buddies!

Es89, I bet you will do fine with the injections. Everyone I have heard says it is way easier than they thought.

Bmw, how is your estrace treating you?

N8ie- how are you doing? Anything exciting this week?

CG- how was acupuncture for you?

Afm, nothing new. I need to see which of my suppliments are making me feel so good so I can continue them after I am either pregnant or stop ttc. I picked up a full body pillow from Amazon that I am super excited about; it just arrived

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->