IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

ES89 - AF showed for me today too!!! I have my scan this Friday and estimated transfer date of August 10th. What about you? It is all feeling so real now!

MissBliss - welcome!

Hope - So exciting you're getting started! I love gray for a nursery, it's very soothing and peaceful. Plus, I'm anti-pink like you haha.

Christie - that's great you can make the appointment tomorrow and your son is feeling better! Love the nursery pics.

N8ie - good luck tomorrow.

Ugh. I am crampy as sh*t :sick:. Hopefully that means AF will come quickly and our next transfer cycle will begin soon! I go in tomorrow for hopefully my last beta to find out if I can drop the meds.

Hi everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. I have been stalking but trying not to obsess. I started ny stims today. Ahhhhhh so ready to be pregnant.

Good luck to us all!

ES89 and Hope, AF just arrived too. That means if hubby and I decide on the long protocol tonight that tomorrow I have to see the doctor.

Today was my appointment for the way forward, since last month our ICSI failed on the short protocol she has decided to either put me on the minimal stimulation or the long protocol. DH and I need to discuss this tonight. From the short protocol from the 20 retrieved eggs only 2 made it to day 5 that's why we did the day 5 transfer one preblast and one 3AA grade (all the time I thought I had a 1AA) and obviously that cycle didn't work.

All the best to all you ladies, hoping for a lot of BFP soon

My transfer is scheduled for August 10th as well. That will be a busy day around here!

I'm not sure what I will be doing the nursery in this time around. I'll wait to decide until we move. Will have to be something neutral since I'm going to try to stay team yellow. I will still be using my white nursery furniture though.

Had my apt today to kick off my cycle. I start del-estrace injections today and do that every third day until Aug. 5th then go in for a lining check. Starting to seem real now.

N8ie - that is hard that the doctor left it up to you to decide. Did she have a stronger recommendation for one protocol over another?

ttcbaby - I remember you from our other thread. I'm excited to cheer you on for this cycle!

Christie - great news you're getting started!

Christie- great news, I'm happy for you.

Em260- she is leaning towards the mini- IVF (minimal stimulation) but for me it feels like that lives too much to fate, I would prefer the long protocol and DH agrees too.

ES89 and Hope, AF just arrived too. That means if hubby and I decide on the long protocol tonight that tomorrow I have to see the doctor.

Today was my appointment for the way forward, since last month our ICSI failed on the short protocol she has decided to either put me on the minimal stimulation or the long protocol. DH and I need to discuss this tonight. From the short protocol from the 20 retrieved eggs only 2 made it to day 5 that's why we did the day 5 transfer one preblast and one 3AA grade (all the time I thought I had a 1AA) and obviously that cycle didn't work.

All the best to all you ladies, hoping for a lot of BFP soon

Just for some uplift, I did a LOT better on low stim. 11 eggs compared to 7 when I did normal IVF. It does work better for some ladies.

Thanks beneath- we did a lot of research about the two and we decided on the low stimulation (mini IVF).

I'm excited to be starting a new cycle

Ugh. First injection was hard tonight. My fear of needles took over, I even selected the smaller looking gauge needle. Not even counting to three and just doing it worked. I did get it done and it wasn't as bad as I was building it up, but damn. At least it's not every day.

I found out I'm on a combination protocol for progesterone. So I'll be doing PIO injections every third day once I start and 2 inserts twice a day, every day. I like the fewer injections, but I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have to do any.

Chrissy - I missed your update before I posted. Sorry to hear about the cramps :hugs: Hope you're able to drop the meds soon.

N8ie - it sounds like mini IVF might be the best thing. I would lean that way if your dr. is recommending it. I've read it's supposed to give better egg quality. Hope this will bring you your bfp!

Christie - those PIO shots are the worst! I am not looking forward to doing those again. I agree, the first time is daunting. I stood in front of the mirror forever before I worked up the nerve to do it. That's great you only have to do them every 3 days.

Just wanted to stop by and hi and so excited for everyone getting started! Wishing you ladies all the best and hoping that this journey is much more positive for most of us this time.

AFM - just sitting over here waiting for OTD. Trying to occupy my mind with anything but it's not working!

If you are doing to PIO shots try using a heating pad for about 10 minutes before and after, it helped me a lot.

Thanks Hope. Actually I have vaginal suppositories morning and night which are messy but doing ok on them so far!

BMW - so I just wrote this on the June/July thread too - I read up on why so much of it falls out and if that's ok/am I losing half of what I need. It's ok that all of that comes out - the actual hormone is absorbed within the first hour. The rest is just waste. It's icky, but you're not losing anything!!

N8 - I think you wrote this but I forgot - what does a mini-IVF entail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->