IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Ohh really! My doc hasn't mentioned it at all. I was confirmed through IgA-ttg and biopsy, so we know I have dq2 or dq8, one or two copies.

Why are they having your hubs do it too? Is there something else I am missing? My doc doesn't seem worried about genetic testing for hubbs or myself even though we have a near 100% guarantee I have the marker.

Ohh really! My doc hasn't mentioned it at all. I was confirmed through IgA-ttg and biopsy, so we know I have dq2 or dq8, one or two copies.

Why are they having your hubs do it too? Is there something else I am missing? My doc doesn't seem worried about genetic testing for hubbs or myself even though we have a near 100% guarantee I have the marker.

I'm not sure. I've had a failed IVF cycle and my last IVF cycle worked, but turned out to be an early loss and the embryo was chromosomally normal, so he wants me to do all this extra testing.

My husband did it as well, because they compare our results.

Ok, that makes sense.
I made my calls to the consultant today. My payment is due the last week of August. Eeep. She is checking on my insurance and how much will be covered. Estimate on meds is between 2 and 5k. Cryopreservation is more. So my cycle will be between 13 and 20k. Now all I need is to copy my tax forms for the discount meds, find a pharmacy and then my part is done for a bit.

Ok, that makes sense.
I made my calls to the consultant today. My payment is due the last week of August. Eeep. She is checking on my insurance and how much will be covered. Estimate on meds is between 2 and 5k. Cryopreservation is more. So my cycle will be between 13 and 20k. Now all I need is to copy my tax forms for the discount meds, find a pharmacy and then my part is done for a bit.

Crazy how expensive it all is, right? :wacko:

:( it sucks how expensive it is, we are hoping to have our payment done by next month.

I just gave DH the approximate bill. There was a little freak out even with insurance covering 50% of all the non drug stuff. Ok not freakout but shocked realization.

He is extra stressed because all our pregnancies have not turned out viable, and the least expensive was the month on chemo. So the what ifs came out, what if we have to terminate, post hospital expenses all that. He has a hard time believing that we could ever be successful.

Maybe we can talk about a loan so we won't use up a chunk of our savings.

Jealous of even a partial payment of insurance we have nothing covered. :( Screw Wisconsin!

Yep I get absolutely no coverage either not even for the pretesting AND I have to fly on a plane to get to my IVF clinic....there is none where I live.....I can relate girls....This is one very expensive endeavor and I just keep reminding myself that my LO will all be worth it!

I know with insurance we have it good. I feel exceedingly fortunate that my husbands company has chosen to add that benefit to the policy.

Actually I like your flight idea. My IVF center is three hours away over mountain passes and some of the strongest places of constant wind in the States (average 15-20mph) frequent gusts 70+. There are always semis and cars blown off the road. It may be better to fly and stay overnight for a few days near the hospital. I'll have to check that out!

Where do you live ttc? I am debating about staying overnight a few times when we do ivf, or finding friends.

Oh the Bahamas! I am so jealous, I have to travel about three hours to get to the re and back. But I am not a morning person and most of the ultrasounds are early in the am.
Renae what birth control are you on? I think I will have to go back on to plan ivf around my new job

Hi ladies, may I join? Pleasure to meet you all. We are doing our second IVF in July (BMW good to see you from the last time I went through this, though I am terribly sorry about your loss in March). We moved to Dubai from New Jersey in November so have had a break from IVF since then.

Had new testing done and this clinic seems to think I have low ovarian reserve now, which I didn't have when I was tested a year and a half ago. Dr. also wants to add intralipids into the mix this time, so not sure what she is hoping to achieve.

Hoping for good wishes for everyone for this round of IVF!

Oh and I feel your pain, we have to pay for our whole cycle out of pocket here. Absolutely nothing is covered by insurance!

I am on the Nuvaring. I don't know if that is the ideal best one for everyone though. We picked it because we know my body sucks at absorbing things I eat (like pills). The vaginal suppository lets me get constant hormone absorbed into my blood stream. but it does give my ovaries a rest which is one of the big reasons for BC before ER. Better response this way.

Howdy Psalm.

Flights from bozeman to billings are over a thousand round trip for the puddlejump. Looks like I am driving and spending a few nights.

Hi ladies, may I join? Pleasure to meet you all. We are doing our second IVF in July (BMW good to see you from the last time I went through this, though I am terribly sorry about your loss in March). We moved to Dubai from New Jersey in November so have had a break from IVF since then.

Had new testing done and this clinic seems to think I have low ovarian reserve now, which I didn't have when I was tested a year and a half ago. Dr. also wants to add intralipids into the mix this time, so not sure what she is hoping to achieve.

Hii sweety!! Sorry we are in yet another IVF thread! Hope this one is the lucky one for us all!!!

Hope this cycle with the new RE is successful! Xxx

The Bahamas. Do you have to travel also?

I still can't believe you live in the Bahamas! I may need to come vacation sometime soon haha

Yes there are no IVF clinics here so I go over to Florida.....You are more than welcome anytime!!!!

Oh the Bahamas! I am so jealous, I have to travel about three hours to get to the re and back. But I am not a morning person and most of the ultrasounds are early in the am.
Renae what birth control are you on? I think I will have to go back on to plan ivf around my new job

3 hours is a long haul....sucks huh?

Welcome, I am also starting in July on my second cycle. My dr ordered intralipids after seeing that I have elevated NK cell...she still didn't think that is why my first cycle failed but she said we are going to give it a shot.

I am on the Nuvaring. I don't know if that is the ideal best one for everyone though. We picked it because we know my body sucks at absorbing things I eat (like pills). The vaginal suppository lets me get constant hormone absorbed into my blood stream. but it does give my ovaries a rest which is one of the big reasons for BC before ER. Better response this way.

Howdy Psalm.

Flights from bozeman to billings are over a thousand round trip for the puddlejump. Looks like I am driving and spending a few nights.

Wow 1k is a ton of money...I apy roughly 500 everytime I have to fly to florida for tests or surgery, needless to say it is adding up, especially if DH has to go with me. That is another reason why I took a leave of absence for my entire cycle.

Hi Psalm!
All the traveling is nuts! But it's great you got the whole cycle off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"