IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Does anyone know how long from starting bc pills it usually takes to start the hormones after that?

Usually you will take BCP's for 21 days, then get a period and start your stims on the 2 or 3rd day of that cycle. It is different for some though, it depends on how your dr does it.

My doctor said they just want to give your ovaries a month of rest before stims. That vacation helps them perform better. If we weren't actively preventing for ectopics I would be doing the 21 day plan too.

It is my first, I did 3 iuis with 300-700 million swimmers and they all failed. So we are doing ivf with icsi.

The first time I called my insurance they said no infertility coverage other than diagnostic testing. Then I keep reading to call a 2nd time to be sure and so I did today and they said my insurance covers 1 round of ivf! I'm confused and excited at the same time. Having my dr send for pre certification now just to be sure. Still haven't told my SO about all of this because I don't want to yank him around if they do end up denying coverage. But as of now he is expecting to pay 20k+ so I am teallllly hoping the insurance pans out and I can give him the GREAT news!

This will be my 1st too. I'm glad we have this board for support and so we don't drive our men crazy LOL.

How are we doing ladies? Two or three months left until IVF! My supplements all are in now and our pre appointment is less then two weeks away. :happydance:

Attachments

• 0624151116a.jpg
    0624151116a.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 0
  • 0624151118.jpg
    0624151118.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 3
Cowgirl -- itll be here before you know it!

Af came yesterday for me so my baseline is tomorrow. I am excited to finally be doing something again!!

Hi, can I join?
I have my first cycle in august, not entirely sure of dates yet but we meet with our nurse next week to book in our expected egg collection date :happydance:
We'll be doing the short protocol & a freeze all cycle with embryo biopsy. Good luck ladies x

Rachy, welcome to the group.

I just can't believe this is starting now! I admit I fully admit I had a girly squeee moment this morning after my RE called this morning.

She booked us this Monday for an hour long consultation and we start both of our blood tests. They said infectious diseases, blood typing and some others. I am so excited I can barely contain myself.:blush:

Consultation appointment Friday! I'm on day 21 of a usual 26-29 day cycle, praying I can start next cycle
Hope to see lots of bfps on here! X

Awesome, we are all starting around the same time. Me a little earlier, no down regging just stims to begin around July 22....Yipee.

Hi ladies! I would like to join you! I have a frozen transfer scheduled in late August, only two embryos left :( I'm praying they will make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->