IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Krissy yay! Awesome news!
Bmw I'm sorry hugs
Nothing exciting here, ordering meds next week with planning to start around the 5th

Krissy that looks good for sure. Yay!

Christie yes I had transfer today. Both made it. They didn't give them grades but said one is a stage one blastocyst distinguishing itself and other bit slower is a morula (day 4?). Both put in. Am off work tomorrow too. Gonna rest as much as can. Did accupuncture too before going to RE office.

One day at a time. It's so hard though.

Christie yes I had transfer today. Both made it. They didn't give them grades but said one is a stage one blastocyst distinguishing itself and other bit slower is a morula (day 4?). Both put in. Am off work tomorrow too. Gonna rest as much as can. Did accupuncture too before going to RE office.

Yay to both making it! Congrats on being PUPO.

Congratulations Krissy!

Sorry for your news Beneath.

Good luck PS :thumbup:

Im on day 27 of down regulation, baseline on the 3rd & starting stims on the 5th. Little bit apprehensive but a little excited too xx

Lots of hugs to those who need them
Congrats & Sticky bubba glue to those in the early days

I will read up & catch up but I'm feeling quite disheartened after my first appointment with the consultant earlier this week they were quite rude & uninterested & I felt like they were not interested in my concerns,questions
or previous health issues which relate to ttc!
I felt like they couldn't wait to get me out the office
I've no confidence in them helping me become pregnant I feel like I've just wasted time & money :nope:

That sounds good ps. FX they are sticky and you prove your clinic wrong! TTW will be killer, but we'll be here if you need a distraction.

Beneath I am so sorry. You are in my prayers as,I know this hurts and there isn't much anyone can say.

Es. Cycst are nasty things. I've had much bad luck with them. It's better to knock them out before starting.

Em. Sorry your ivf is delayed. Keeping fingers crossed you start soon though.

Dizzy good things are moving right along.

Ren that's awesome about the meds. My situation ended being like urs and I sure was surprised and happy.

Christie great beta #s!

Crystal how are you hanging in there?

N8. I agree you are a fighter and I am sure those embies are too. Rest up.

Tina woo-hoo cd1 and now it starts. Fingers crossed.

Question for anyone who was taking coq10 supplements, when did u stop? Do u continue after transfer or stopped at retreival?

My RE had me take coq10 till trigger. She said I should stop all supplements at trigger.

PS57002 - I usually stop at retrieval because they are designed to make healthy cells, which after the eggs are retrieved isn't going to do much. But ask your Dr or the nurse who is doing the meds.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I have been reading along and just staying silent for now. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone and praying you all get your BFP.

We are going to go for IVF #3 in October. I wanted to go earlier but we are going on vacation to the U.S. in September right when I should be getting my period so no point in trying to start then. Our Dr. Wants to add in an endometrial scratch the cycle before and also to give me an injection that same day to suppress my ovaries. Even with low AMH she wants to try it this way - long protocol. But luckily my thrombotic risk profile came back with no issues and I have slightly elevated NK cells, so I will get intralipids again. Fingers crossed it's 3rd time the charm.

Awesome news. You will be nice and relaxed after your holiday so October sounds great!

Well I just finished my mandated 2 days of rest and am now back to light activity. The clinic called and a third one of the embies made it to blast so they froze that one too. So we now have 3 frozen blasts. :thumbup:

Awesome you have some blasts!!!

Congrats Krissy! Looking forward to seeing that line go darker in the coming days eeek

AFM - I have my baseline tomorrow morning, feeling really anxious in case they find anything that may postpone the treatment. I have suffered with cysts in the past but I've normally had pain associated with them and I don't have any of the usual symptoms at the minute so fingers crossed!

Have a great weekend ladies x

Ps- congrats on being PUPO

Fairytale- I know what you mean. I just spoke to my doctor and all she could say was that she couldn't get to my left ovary follicles the day of egg retrieval, nothing about my 9 they retrieved and that Monday I must come in for a sonar and transfer at 11. She didn't say anything about the progress of the embryos. She sounded like she couldn't wait to get off the phone. It's so devastating when already there is infertility to worry about and to not have support from your clinic because they are too busy.

Just spoke to the doctor and tomorrow is my mock transfer, she would'nt say anything about the quality of the eggs😳😔. Hopefully we will find out more tomorrow. DH says this should be our last attempt whether successful or not. It's heart breaking but I see where he is coming from. This is our third attempt (first attempt was a failed IUI with our Gynaecologist, second attempt was the failed short protocol and our last attempt being the minimal stimulation is not looking well)

Wishing all the other ladies sticky embryos.

I'm not getting anything done today, or at least until ~noon. Today's stick is definitely darker than yesterdays, and now I'm sure it's darker than I ever saw last month with my CP. Beta numbers should be in this afternoon. Telling the DH the big news tonight.
Must. Keep. Breathing.

PS - Congrats on PUPO!!

Crystal - Congrats on 3 blasts! That's awesome. Are you doing a medicated transfer or a natural cycle?

Tina - Good luck on the baseline! FXed for being cyst-free!

N8ie - Good luck today on your mock and FXed for great quality of the eggs.

Krissy- I'm so happy for you and thank you for the kind words

I'm not getting anything done today, or at least until ~noon. Today's stick is definitely darker than yesterdays, and now I'm sure it's darker than I ever saw last month with my CP. Beta numbers should be in this afternoon. Telling the DH the big news tonight.
Must. Keep. Breathing.

PS - Congrats on PUPO!!

Crystal - Congrats on 3 blasts! That's awesome. Are you doing a medicated transfer or a natural cycle?

Tina - Good luck on the baseline! FXed for being cyst-free!

N8ie - Good luck today on your mock and FXed for great quality of the eggs.

Oh I just had a fresh transfer on Tuesday from the ivf we did in August. Then I have the 3 frosties from that same round of ivf.

And thanks! I was pretty surprised we got the number we did considering we only had 5 embryos day 3, so 4 blasts total was a shock.

So yesterday got a letter from our clinic asking if we'd be willing to take part in a trial for our icsi. There developing a new way of deciding which the most usable sperm is they want 3000 couples going through treatment to be split into 2 groups one group using the traditional method one using the new method to compare results. We talked about it loads last night and we've decided to stick. This could be our only chance at having a go and what if the new treatment doesn't work well left me feeling a right mess and really unsettled. that one decision could be what dictates our future and what if we get it wrong? Need t get a grip

First beta came back at 66! Pretty good for 3 weeks and 5 days pregnant I think, and MUCH higher than last time (27 at over 4 weeks). I go back in on Sunday to check for doubling. FXed!

So yesterday got a letter from our clinic asking if we'd be willing to take part in a trial for our icsi. There developing a new way of deciding which the most usable sperm is they want 3000 couples going through treatment to be split into 2 groups one group using the traditional method one using the new method to compare results. We talked about it loads last night and we've decided to stick. This could be our only chance at having a go and what if the new treatment doesn't work well left me feeling a right mess and really unsettled. that one decision could be what dictates our future and what if we get it wrong? Need t get a grip

I don't blame you. I took part in a trial this round, but for a few reasons, it made sense to me. First my clinic told me that before they do their own trial, they wait for positive outcomes from other trials. Second I'm an over responder so I figured less meds would probably be fine for me. Third I have 4 more frosties. If it wasn't for all of that I don't think I would have participated. Especially if it was my last chance. Feel good with your choice of sticking to the known rather than unknown at this point.

My clinic allows me to continue taking fish oil and Vitamin D (plus my prenatal vitamin obviously) after transfer, but instructed me to stop taking CoQ10 after transfer and throughout any pregnancy.

Sorry I don't post more, but I love following along with this active thread!

congrats, krissy!!!! :bunny:

dizzy - I second what Christie said - sounds like you talked through it thoroughly so I'm sure your decision makes the most sense for you.
That is an interesting trial. Seems they would want to use both methods on the couples' collections, rather than splitting into all or nothing groups, so no one misses out on at least half of their collection being done the 'old' way. So if you collected 8 eggs, do 4 one way and 4 the other and see if the same results are met? I dunno...interesting nonetheless!!

I had my mock transfer to help dilate my cervix (apparently it's too tight) it was so painful. My cervix curved two catheters 😳 but eventually the doctor got through to it (Thank God) and injected water into my cervix. My egg transfer is on Monday, I'm worried and excited. She said the embryos are looking good, that there are 5 that have survived. Monday will be the 5 day embryo transfer 😊

I had my mock transfer to help dilate my cervix (apparently it's too tight) it was so painful. My cervix curved two catheters 😳 but eventually the doctor got through to it (Thank God) and injected water into my cervix. My egg transfer is on Monday, I'm worried and excited. She said the embryos are looking good, that there are 5 that have survived. Monday will be the 5 day embryo transfer 😊

Mine was painful as well. I'm not sure what the issue was but after poking around with one catheter they had to change to a stiffer one. Same thing with my transfer, they needed to change to a stiffer one, but this time it was to get the catheter past my c-section scar inside my uterus so the embryo didn't get injected there.

Christie- when it was happening it was more uncomfortable than painful but as soon as I left the pain was unbearable. I'm praying that this will be the cycle for my BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->