IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

I have managed to stress myself out looking at information about embryo grading. Blah, why do I do this to myself? :wacko:

Thanks again Crystal for the info! That makes sense. Ohh no, about the stress. I will will no doubt be doing the same thing when my time comes. I am totally one of those more information is better sort of people.

N8ie, Ill be doing Menopur 75, Folistim 225 and Cetrotide. The values are just for the first two days. After that I have labs and ultrasounds every other day to make adjustments. Also have to take baby asprin, Doxycycline 100mg b.i.d., Medrol 8mg b.i.d and 1 ml of PIO.

Attachments

• IFV calendar.jpg
    IFV calendar.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4
so exciting seeing everything that's happening with everyone!!

ps - definitely a good sign they aren't calling you but I'd like an update too - just tell me they are doing well! my office, thankfully, does this. But they base which day we transfer on how well they are doing, so they will call on Day 1 to say if they fertilized, Day 2 to give an update as to how they are developing and make the decision on Day 3 or 5 transfer then. hang in there! not long now!

we went back to our RE yesterday to get the plan for cycle 2, which should start around next Friday, unless by the grace of sumthin, AF doesn't show up. But we aren't changing protocols from last time - I had a pretty good egg count for having DOR and we only lost it b/c of t22, so there wasn't anything worth changing. I can't wait!!!

N8ie
Thank you. How did it turn out with your previous cycle with the 2 embies. I really keep googling some good stories to keep my morale up.

Crystal 8
I really hope so. My fear is that I only have 2 embies. So the stats are not in my favor I suppose is what I keep thinking. Really praying those 2 embies are strong and healthy and fighters. Try not to stress about the quality and keep sending warm thoughts to those little embies snuggled inside you. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Wish2BMom
Good luck with this cycle for you. I have fingers crossed for you.

Called the nurse. Says bloating and frequent urination is normal, so is the drowsiness. She wasn't so nice. Asked about the embies. She said they only call if something is wrong. She didn't say much other than that :( So don't have anymore info.

My nurse said that she had left a message, but called and talked to me any way. She confirmed my BFP and told me I was very pregnant with a beta of 2607! It seems both embies might have took (just my speculation). In tomorrow morning for 2nd beta, then I get to schedule my first sono.

ps - You and your embies have come so far. Try to think positive that they are working just as hard developing so they can meet you in 9 months. FX no phone calls between now and transfer.

Christie- congrats on being Pregnant. It's nice to hear good news.

Ps- the previous cycle failed and the embryos were good ones. We don't know the reason why it failed but there are a lot of success stories out there. Don't be discouraged. All the best

Afm- I'm at the clinic waiting for my ER, I'm so anxious. Hope there are a lot of good quality eggs, last cycle there was 19 and from that only 6 were good quality. It would be nice if I could freeze a couple of eggs.

ER done and they say I was fighting 3 nurses and the dr Amd DH had to help to restrain me🙈 so only 9 eggs were taken. I hope that's enough

N8ie, congrats on your ER! 9 is definitely enough, remember it only takes one! Sending you good luck

ps sorry to hear that you're still going through a stressful time with the IVF, have you heard anything else?

Congratulations christie on the great BETA numbers!

AFM.. STILL waiting for my AF so I can start stims, CD31 today and it's starting to get to me now all of the waiting around. I've had no cramping or spotting to confirm that she's on the way and definitely not pregnant because we've used protection all month. God knows what's happening in there!

xx

wow, christie! that's your first beta??? taken on which dpt? good lord! :) congratulations!!

n8 - yup, what tina said - it only takes 1! 9 is great, good job! Though I don't know why you fight when you're under - bad dreams? I picture myself becoming like melted butter. I feel so refreshed when I wake up. :)

n8 - You did great 9 is awesome!!!! Don't worry I laughed through my entire ER during my first cycle. hahahahaha, DH said the nurses said I was very entertaining. I guess those drugs do different things to us. Thinking of you and hoping they are all little fighters, like their mommy ;)

N8ie - 9 eggs is great! Rest up!

Christie - congratulations!!! That is a great beta number!

Wish2be - having a plan in place is such a good feeling. Good luck for this next cycle.

Crystal - it's hard not to stress and google everything but embryo grading is so varied so it's hard to compare what you find online to your clinic's rating system. Also, highly rated embryos don't always equal baby and lots of poorly rated embryos become beautiful babies all the time.

Ren - your calendar looks great. How exciting not long until you are PUPO!

AFM - I'm pretty disappointed right now but I've had to cancel my FET cycle. I have a work obligation that has come up and it's on one of the days of my estimated transfer :cry:. I can't get out of it and can't take the risk that my transfer will be on that day. So I'm going to try again next AF which will probably start Sept 20th with a transfer around October 9th.

ER done and they say I was fighting 3 nurses and the dr Amd DH had to help to restrain me🙈 so only 9 eggs were taken. I hope that's enough
. I can't remember much but DH says three numbers and him had to restrain me, I guess subconsciously it was painful. I'm just glad they managed to take 9 eggs and hope they are good quality. I'm a bit worried. I was bleeding because my panties have blood (too much info)

. I can't remember much but DH says three nurses and him had to restrain me, I guess subconsciously it was painful. I'm just glad they managed to take 9 eggs and hope they are good quality. I'm a bit worried. I was bleeding because my panty has blood (too much info)

I have no idea how I posted the post, I was out of it. Thanks ladies for the words of encouragement but I feel like I let myself down. I don't know why I was fighting, maybe it was bad dreams. And I hate not being in control. Im praying that they fertilize and divide properly

thanks, em! i'm excited.

I know the waiting sucks and I would not want to find out that I had to put things off for a month. That might be around the time I'm transferring too, if all goes well. We can hang out in our TWW together. :flower:

n8 - don't beat yourself up. You have so much going on right now, try not to put more pressure on yourself for something that couldn't be helped (you were unconscious!). The 9 will give you some good ones, I'm sure of it! Last cycle I only had 7, 6 fertilized and 3 were good enough to transfer or freeze (xferred 2, froze 1).

Crystal - Congrats on your FET! Don't worry about the grading. There's a variety of ways individual clinics and even individual embryologists grade. And the "grade" is not a permanent report. A day or two later they could be considered an entirely different grade. So try not to stress about it. They made it to day 5 and that's the important part :)

PS - defintily don't stress. I HATED all the days I didn't hear anything and definitely stressed myself out... but try not to lol. There are differences among clinics for basically every step of IVF, and I agree with everything Crystal said about day 5 v. day 3.

Ren - Yay for your body getting ready! Suuuuper close to show time now!

Christie - Congraulations on the great beats!

N8 - LOL Don't worry about it. 9 is great :) Plus I'm sure they grabbed the biggest and easiest to find 9, so those are probably more likely to be mature. During my ER I was apparently talking about Sophia the first (my DD had been watching it that morning lol)

Wow this thread moves so quick xx congrats ladies and to the ladies feeling stressed :hugs: and try keep calm that will be the best help, I know I have no experience yet through Ivf but speaking to my friends who were successfull they didn't change diet didn't take extra supplements just relaxed and enjoyed the excitement of making their babies. I'm hoping to follow their lead so all I'm taking is my folic acid I'm eating as I did and thinking that I will be having all my dreams come true soon.too much change might disrupt my bodies chemicals so hoping if keeping everything the same will provide a natural welcoming environment for my eggies to grow. Got my app on tues to sign consent forms so hoping to get moving soon x

wow, christie! that's your first beta??? taken on which dpt? good lord! :) congratulations!!

n8 - yup, what tina said - it only takes 1! 9 is great, good job! Though I don't know why you fight when you're under - bad dreams? I picture myself becoming like melted butter. I feel so refreshed when I wake up. :)

It was 14dp5dt, second beta was today level was at 4639. Supposed to double every 48-72 hours, so looks like I am right on track.

Hey girls.. Just wanted to pop my head in and give an update. Unfortunately I had a scan yesterday that showed just an empty sac again like my last pregnancy. I am gutted.

Just wanted to say that I will still be following along even though I may be silently lurking for a while. My continued prayers to go out to you girls and I hope everyone gets their bfp! It hurts my heart that we have to go through IF and wouldnt want anyone to be in my shoes right now.

Hugs to all :hugs:

Hey girls.. Just wanted to pop my head in and give an update. Unfortunately I had a scan yesterday that showed just an empty sac again like my last pregnancy. I am gutted.

Just wanted to say that I will still be following along even though I may be silently lurking for a while. My continued prayers to go out to you girls and I hope everyone gets their bfp! It hurts my heart that we have to go through IF and wouldnt want anyone to be in my shoes right now.

Hugs to all :hugs:

I'm so so sorry xxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"