IVF Children Are Taller, Study Says

Chris77

Mommy to PJ and Gavin
Reaction score
Thought this was pretty interesting.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/10/14/ivf-children-taller-study-says/

interesting, thanks for the link. I wonder if it's anything to do with the culture?

the article raises an interesting point that long-term studies need to be done on older IVF people - my question - would any of the ladies allow their ivf babies to be used in longitudinal research?

I haven;t got my bfp yet, but i know the only way we'll have a family is via the ivf route (currently on my 2nd round). My initial reaction is that yes, i would give consent for my ivf child/ren to be part of research - but i certainly don't mean being tested on btw!!!! i think that if i can help anyone understand the process, i will help.

mind you, having written that, i can now see down sides - invasion of privacy, maybe the child might feel different as a result of all the attention.

I guess it would be up to them as an adult to offer themselves for studies.

where the hell did that all come from!!! blame the hormones ladies......

longitudinal research isn't that much added attention, most research uses years and years inbetween their testing. usually once when baby, once when toddler, elementary, high school and as adults.

i'd definatly let my kid participate

i don't think 1inch is a significant result though...
might be good to see where they come from, tall parents, short parents...
i sure hope, if we have a son, he doesn't grow taller than his dad otherwise we need to install bigger doors everywhere LOL

Oh wow this is interesting. We are about to start IVF and I am 6ft and DH is 6ft 2" so ours could be really giant. Cool if they are boys but not so great if girls as 6ft is tough enough growing up as a girl can't imagine being taller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->