IVF Cycle #1 - Anyone else?

The nurse said apparently this is normal and I was like whaaattttttttt???!!!!

Oh no, that's awful! How can that be normal?? I hope you're feeling much better very soon :( xx

Hi Ladies! :flower:

I think I know everyone on this thread already, so I'm hoping you won't mind if I join in, even though I won't even start down-regging for a couple of weeks. :roll: I'm eager to watch your progress!

Yearning, sorry you're feeling so yucky. It does sound like that's not uncommon. Have you been doing all the things they tell you to do--fluids, rest, etc.? Hope it passes quickly. Did you transfer one emby or two?

Hope everyone here gets a sticky bfp from this awful process!

MrsB - the bloating has gone tinee winee better but im feeling so so unwell. I feel pressue on chest, tummy hurts, tummy feels stuffed and to top it up i have constipation! I cant lie down properly nor walk properly. I just want to feel normal. I have been feeling unwell since EC and everyday seems to go little worse. :-( :-( :-(
Yes our clinic said this is normal too (I hate to think what abnormal would be like!).

The nurse recommended I buy some lactulose to help with any constipation, it might be something for you to consider :flower: it can be bought over the counter at any pharmacy :)

Sorry you're feeling icky, Heart! I think those are pretty normal reactions, too. I've had constipation since I started on the progesterone as well as screwed up sleep and heart palpitations. I've sent a couple e-mails to my doctor, but she hasn't gotten back to me about it. :/ Stupid side effects. I was bloated as well, but today it is finally gone at 9 days past EC. I think you just have to give it time.

All I was told when I talked to a nurse is to just drink loads of water- like twice as much liquid as you would normally have in a day. She also said that if I started getting bad pain, shortness of breath, or started rapidly gaining weight to call in immediately. I think you're supposed to watch out for decreased urine output as well, but she didn't say that bit.

Hi Pbl!

Hope you're both feeling better buny and heart!

Gave in and POAS yesterday. Couldn't help it! So far, I've gotten BFN's, but it's still early. My RE said that it's not for sure until 10dp5dt and today is only 6dp5dt, so there is still time. Keeping my FX'd!

7dp5dt!!!!!

1239415_564576000246964_1776684070_n.jpg

That's wonderful news, Buny!!!! :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: When are betas?

Congratulations!

OMG THAT'S A SECOND LINE!!!! Congrats buny that's so so awesome!!!!! xx

Hey ladies- it's been a rough couple days. Got beta results back on Monday- hCG was at 16 and nurses sounded concerned that it was so low, but still, I don't get my second beta until NEXT WEEK. They don't do every 2 days in this country apparently. ](*,)

Monday night, I started getting horrible cramps and bright read spotting/bleeding (as well as -TMI- really painful diarrhea). It was insanely scary. I started inserting a progesterone every four hours instead of two every eight just to make sure the level was staying up, and the cramps calmed down after a few hours.

Stayed sick all day yesterday and had pink spotting until noon. Finally the spotting stopped, and there was only one time yesterday evening I had any pink at all, and it was just a tiny bit. Of course, by this point I was totally freaked out so I had BFN nightmares all night.

Woke up this morning and thought I'd put my mind at ease by POAS, and the result came back as almost negative- so I totally freaked out for a few minutes before I realized my pee was totally diluted from drinking so much water yesterday while I was really sick.

Didn't drink anything all morning and tested again 6 hours later. BFP came back up nicely. Still very light, but a teeny bit darker than yesterday.

Still a mess, but I guess that's how it's going to be until my 7 week scan. I never realized how frightening the time right after the BFP could be. I just keep praying this little bean sticks.

Buny, :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:. Early pregnancy is TERRIFYING, especially if you're LTTTC or TTCAL. :nope: Bleeding/spotting doesn't necessarily mean much, One of my friends on this site just hit the 2nd trimester after spotting pretty much nonstop all the way through 8 weeks. Some heavy red blood in there, too. And it's super early days so one would expect your HCG to be very low. It's terrible that you have to wait a full week! Are there things you can do to distract yourself in the meantime? Perhaps it's a good time to reorganize papers or similar? Will be sending you super sticky dust in the meantime. :dust: :hugs:

Yearning, what is your status? How are you feeling?

Serenyx, I know what you're going through. :hugs:

I'm about one week away from starting the BCP. :happydance: Getting excited.

Huge huge hugs to you buny :hugs: I hope everything calms down and you get confirmation that everything is ok soon. My friend suffered from bad bleeding in the first few weeks with her first pregnancy and she obviously panicked about it, but everything turned out just fine and she had a perfectly healthy and happy little boy at full term. I know it's easy for me to say, but just relax and take it easy. xx

Well, ladies, the last week has been crazy. Last week Monday my beta was 16. On Friday it was 22. Both my nurse and doctor said I was going to miscarry. Doctor wanted one last Beta test today to confirm the obvious. And, shockingly, today's number was 121. Totally where it should be. I don't know what to think. I spent the weekend grieving the loss, and then today, this. I am just so shocked. I don't know what to think anymore.

How is everyone else doing?

That's awesome news buny!! Congratulations! Go you for proving the doctors wrong! :hugs: xx

Buny - WHOOOOOhooooo thats great news! I hope all works out for you, I have a good feeling, try not to stress, that is a good beta jump! :)

pbl - Heyyyy how are you? What is BCP? Well whatever it is - Yaaay and hope it works :)

Mrs.B - Hiii How are you?? Hope all good good

AFM - Im still in my 2 weeks wait and my blood test is finally nearly here. Its on Thursday!! :) Im so excited at the same time I am super nervous in case its a BFN. I have no idea if I am pregnant or not. I had few symptoms, some of which just disappeared! I still have cramps, like really minor cramps and sometimes a headache for few seconds. I try not to think about it much and just let Thursday come and I will find out then. This is my first IVF and Im feeling very very scared. Anyways thats enough of me. I really pray I come home and hear good news on Thursday.
Take care all. xxx

Buny, I love stories like that! :happydance: I assume they'll give you another test or two, right? Keep us posted! :hugs:

AF due tomorrow for me, then I'll start the down-regging. :thumbup: Not sure when, though.

What's up with everyone else?

Buny - WHOOOOOhooooo thats great news! I hope all works out for you, I have a good feeling, try not to stress, that is a good beta jump! :)

pbl - Heyyyy how are you? What is BCP? Well whatever it is - Yaaay and hope it works :)

Mrs.B - Hiii How are you?? Hope all good good

AFM - Im still in my 2 weeks wait and my blood test is finally nearly here. Its on Thursday!! :) Im so excited at the same time I am super nervous in case its a BFN. I have no idea if I am pregnant or not. I had few symptoms, some of which just disappeared! I still have cramps, like really minor cramps and sometimes a headache for few seconds. I try not to think about it much and just let Thursday come and I will find out then. This is my first IVF and Im feeling very very scared. Anyways thats enough of me. I really pray I come home and hear good news on Thursday.
Take care all. xxx

We cross-posted! BCP = birth control pills. :flower:

Super exciting that your beta is almost here. You must be really nervous. We'll be thinking about you, so come let us know how it goes! :dust:

Mrs B.- Thanks, lady. <3 How you doing today?

YearningHeart- Thanks, hunny. Trying not to stress is soooo hard. FX'd for good news for you on Thursday!

pbl_ge- Not long now! :happydance:

*Update* DH and I went in and talked to our doctor today. She says the jump in beta from Friday to Monday is a good sign and that we'll have our next beta this coming Friday. If numbers look good, we'll go in on Monday (my b'day!) for an early u/s. I really hope everything turns out okay!!

pbl - Ahhhh birth control pills. I was on them at the begining of IVF. How many days are going to be on BCP? I was on it for like 27 days. Best of luck, It definitly is exciting because the process is starting. Yaay :)

buny - That is cool on your birthday. Hope the beta number goes up and all goes well.

I just had spotting like an hour ago. When I wiped myself I noticed pinky colour with discharge (Sorry too much info) or maybe it was the pessary gooey thing. haha
Anyways when I saw the pink colour I got so scared and just froze for few seconds thinking 'OMG have I started my period' but it was just a little and I am hoping this is a good sign.
Did you guys get spotting? buny?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->