IVF Cycle in August

Ladies..I'm feeling really low today..I went for my second scan to see how many follicles were growing only to be told that none were doing anything.
The doc wasn't specific about sizes, just that they weren't responding...:cry:

I'm on the highest dose of Menopur already so that cant be increased, had a blood test to see what my Estrogen levels are & have another scan booked for Mon coming. If there is still no activity then the doc said we may have to abandon IVF..so upset as it took ages to save for this cycle. Why isn't it working?:cry::cry:

Ladies..I'm feeling really low today..I went for my second scan to see how many follicles were growing only to be told that none were doing anything.

I'm on the highest dose of Menopur already so that cant be increased, had a blood test to see what my Estrogen levels are & have another scan booked for Mon coming. If there is still no activity then the doc said we may have to abandon IVF..so upset as it took ages to save for this cycle. Why isn't it working?:cry::cry:

Oh Honey - sorry to hear that. How long have you been stimming for??Can they tell already that they are not responding or are they looking too soon?? Forgive my ignorance - just want to make sure that they are sure. But things may change by Monday???
I feel terrible as I just don't know what to say:cry: Maybe someone else can some shed some light. xxx

Lexus - I responded to this in another thread as well. I am praying for you!!!

Update:

I took my trigger last night. My hubby was unable to be at the training appointment with me, so I was trying to get him to watch some videos. He said he wasn't worried and that I shouldn't be so freaked out. HAHAH

I've been deathly afraid of needles until this point. It's amazing what you can overcome when you really want something. I've been administering my own shots up until this trigger shot. So having someone else do it was a little scary. But, of course he did a great job. I started laughing before the shot so I had to tell him to wait, then he said for me to tell him when to do it, and I just said, just do it! I didn't feel anything, except the meds going in, it stung a little.

TODAY, however, my bum hurts. But it feels so good not taking any shots this morning. I took my Doxy this am, and I feel a little woozy, so I am trying to eat some fruit, but everything is making me a little sicky. Blauh.

I am so reay for tomorrow, and praying I get a good number of eggs retreived and fertilized!!!

Baby dust to you all!!!!

Update:

I took my trigger last night. My hubby was unable to be at the training appointment with me, so I was trying to get him to watch some videos. He said he wasn't worried and that I shouldn't be so freaked out. HAHAH

I've been deathly afraid of needles until this point. It's amazing what you can overcome when you really want something. I've been administering my own shots up until this trigger shot. So having someone else do it was a little scary. But, of course he did a great job. I started laughing before the shot so I had to tell him to wait, then he said for me to tell him when to do it, and I just said, just do it! I didn't feel anything, except the meds going in, it stung a little.

TODAY, however, my bum hurts. But it feels so good not taking any shots this morning. I took my Doxy this am, and I feel a little woozy, so I am trying to eat some fruit, but everything is making me a little sicky. Blauh.

I am so reay for tomorrow, and praying I get a good number of eggs retreived and fertilized!!!

Baby dust to you all!!!!

Glad your trigger went well. Wishing you all the best for your retrieval and beyond x

Lexus, I am so sorry to hear this and you have every right to be upset but please dont give up hope you have a good few days for them to make some movement. I have been reading about a strange technique of sitting with your legs up against the wall for 20 mins to help blood flow to the reproductive area, also keep warm and get plenty of sleep. I have just got back from my first acupunture session he said Munuka Honey is good for fertility i have to have it with porridge each morning. Good Luck hun, i will be praying for a good result on Monday.:hug:

Tee - Well done on taking the shot, I am also glad to hear it wasn't too scary that is alittle reassuring. Wishing you all the luck for your retrieval, you go girl! x

Tee - Well done on taking the shot, I am also glad to hear it wasn't too scary that is alittle reassuring. Wishing you all the luck for your retrieval, you go girl! x

Thank you, Pinkie! I was more afraid of the trigger shot than anything else. Knowing I will be knocked out tomorrow is very reassuring. LOL :cloud9:

Lexus, I am so sorry to hear this and you have every right to be upset but please dont give up hope you have a good few days for them to make some movement. I have been reading about a strange technique of sitting with your legs up against the wall for 20 mins to help blood flow to the reproductive area, also keep warm and get plenty of sleep. I have just got back from my first acupunture session he said Munuka Honey is good for fertility i have to have it with porridge each morning. Good Luck hun, i will be praying for a good result on Monday.:hug:

I am on the manuka honey too - I have it on toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon! x

Update:

Baby dust to you all!!!!

Thinking of you and wishing all good things for them eggs!!!! Take it easy and relax. xxx

How did it go today Tee?..Fx crossed it went well.x :hugs:

How are you Emmi? When do you have your scan to see how the folicles are doing? :hugs:

How are you finding acupuncture Pinkie? I started going a few months ago, had to stop and only restarted last week! :hugs:

Thank you ladies for your encouragement & advice, fx by Mon there is activity in my ovaries that Docs want to see.xx :hugs:

Hi Lexus - really glad that you are feeling a little bit more positive. It's weird really - I feel like I am really going through everyone's journey too - I just want us all to have what we deserve. Just seems so unfair that it's such a difficult journey:cry:

You still have a few days so lets hope that them little blighters get growing!!

I am not stimming yet - my scan on Tuesday is to make sure everything has down regulated and also for a trial embryo transfer.....I hate all the 'internal' stuff so really glad that hubby can come. I may have to go to most of the scans to see if my follicles are growing on my own but I am sure I can face that. I am on the whole a very confident person but this whole process has turned me into a blubbing mess:headspin:

Keep us updated - sending lots of positive and growing thoughts to you! x

Have just worked out what FX means:dohh:

Lol!

Likewise Emmi.. I want all of us ladies to have our babies as we are going through so much to get pregnant and our IVF journeys are similar but at the same time different :flower:

Awww..it's daunting having the internal scans and I don't like them either, the doc yesterday was pressing & poking around with the probe as he couldn't see anything, he did tell me before hand that he would be pressing hard! :blush:

What do they do during the trial embryo transfer? Sounds interesting..My hospital haven't suggested anything like that, in fact I don't think they even do it!

When I rang the hospital nurses today to order more Menopur, they said I could come in tomorrow to pick some up as they wouldn't be able to get a delivery to me until Mon when I'm going for my 3rd scan!:dohh:

The acupuncture went really well, i was very impressed. Its difficult to explain because it was so individually designed for me. Its made me feel abit calmer about starting my injections tomorrow and I am looking forward to my next session.

Lexus, I am pleased to hear you are feeling more positive keep the faith and get plenty of blood flow to the important areas. I agree with Emmi its seems so unfair that it needs to be a difficult journey for us, i believe our time will come eventually.

Tee - was thinking of you today, hope it went well.

x

Lol!

Likewise Emmi.. I want all of us ladies to have our babies as we are going through so much to get pregnant and our IVF journeys are similar but at the same time different :flower:

Awww..it's daunting having the internal scans and I don't like them either, the doc yesterday was pressing & poking around with the probe as he couldn't see anything, he did tell me before hand that he would be pressing hard! :blush:

What do they do during the trial embryo transfer? Sounds interesting..My hospital haven't suggested anything like that, in fact I don't think they even do it!

When I rang the hospital nurses today to order more Menopur, they said I could come in tomorrow to pick some up as they wouldn't be able to get a delivery to me until Mon when I'm going for my 3rd scan!:dohh:

Yep - it's all that poking up there! I had a hycosy at Christmas - to check my tubes etc and boy oh boy did that hurt. And as it was just after my period - there was a whole load of embaressment when I got up!!! But when hubby's there - I laugh a lot as he is a terrible sense of humour which I love!

The trial embryo transfer I think is more about the size of my uterus and pelvis etc - they just want to see what they are working with for the actual transfer. The scan/trial embryo transfer is in theatre so am just happy hubby will be there:happydance:

I do worry in case I run out of the meds!! They cost a fortune so the thought of having to order more!!! Lordy:dohh:

The acupuncture went really well, i was very impressed. Its difficult to explain because it was so individually designed for me. Its made me feel abit calmer about starting my injections tomorrow and I am looking forward to my next session.

Lexus, I am pleased to hear you are feeling more positive keep the faith and get plenty of blood flow to the important areas. I agree with Emmi its seems so unfair that it needs to be a difficult journey for us, i believe our time will come eventually.

Tee - was thinking of you today, hope it went well.

x

That's fabulous about the acupuncture - I hear nothing but good things. I just can't afford it so am doing everything and anything else!

And yes - our time will come eventually:flower:

I remember my HSG it was so painful no idea what I'll be like in labour lol. The trail transfer sounds interesting i might ask about that tomorrow, its very strange how all our treatments are very different.

I wish this wasn't so difficult you always wonder what you have done to deserve it. What i find hard is the amount of people i know who've just had babies or falling pregnant and the amount of people who ask me when i am having one, I've started telling people we are not having any to stop them asking.

Right i need to get some sleep up early tomorrow for my first injection, feeling nervous but can't wait to get the first one over with so i can stop stressing.

Hi Pinkie - it's strange how every clinic is different! But then I guess as we are all on different meds etc depending on our situation, it's hard to find anyone who is going through exactly the same.

I hear you about people falling pregnant so easily and then there's the awkward stuff with people asking when you are going to have a family......They have no idea of the heartache.....As I am older - it's horrible how people state that time is running out......like I didn't know that:growlmad:

Let us know how you get on - am sure you will be better than you think:flower:

Ladies. I'm on my phone. When I can sit I will type more on my comp.

Retrieval went great!! Collected 18 eggs!!! Now I wait for the call on the maturity and fertilization.

I'm not gonna lie. Yesterday was painful after the retrieval. I'm feeling a bit better today but still sore to walk.

I hope you are all doing well. I'll post more this weekend. But had to fill you all in and Thank you all for your support!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->