IVF Cycle in August

TeeinAZ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been here a while and started sharing my journey with you all and since Jan have been through a lot of testing, a surgery and push backs.

I've posted in several threads but I haven't really been acknowledged. So, I thought maybe this will be an easier way. I know jumping on a board that's been ongoing is a little hard to do.

I wanted to share this quick journey right now with anyone else going through the same. This is my first cycle and I need all the support I can get because I know everyone is different and even if we're on the same cycle, I wanted to share the outcomes of U/S and levels.

I started Repronex and Gonal F Sat, 8/17/13. My scan showed my left follicle at 15mm and right at 11mm and my estrogen level was at 473. Was given a shot of Ganirelix to slow down the growth a little bit. I now take the Ganirelix every morning a long with the same regimen of Repronex and Gonal F at night.

I have another U/S tomorrow morning to see the growth of other follicles. I'm very nervous because I don't know what to expect. I started googling a lot about the follicle growth, which I stopped doing. This is the only place that I have found support from the beginning, and though I've been MIA a while, I am hoping to find some ladies to travel this journey with. Support is the main thing I need right now so that I don't drive myself crazy.
<3

Hi all,

I've been here a while and started sharing my journey with you all and since Jan have been through a lot of testing, a surgery and push backs.

I've posted in several threads but I haven't really been acknowledged. So, I thought maybe this will be an easier way. I know jumping on a board that's been ongoing is a little hard to do.

I wanted to share this quick journey right now with anyone else going through the same. This is my first cycle and I need all the support I can get because I know everyone is different and even if we're on the same cycle, I wanted to share the outcomes of U/S and levels.

I started Repronex and Gonal F Sat, 8/17/13. My scan showed my left follicle at 15mm and right at 11mm and my estrogen level was at 473. Was given a shot of Ganirelix to slow down the growth a little bit. I now take the Ganirelix every morning a long with the same regimen of Repronex and Gonal F at night.

I have another U/S tomorrow morning to see the growth of other follicles. I'm very nervous because I don't know what to expect. I started googling a lot about the follicle growth, which I stopped doing. This is the only place that I have found support from the beginning, and though I've been MIA a while, I am hoping to find some ladies to travel this journey with. Support is the main thing I need right now so that I don't drive myself crazy.
<3

Idk if I'm doing this right but here goes.....

I also am new to the forum world and have tried to post and not gotten many responses so I know how discouraging it can be..... I'm not to familiar with the abbreviations and terminology so please forgive me if I get something wrong

I'm 32 and have been married for almost a year now iv only been pregnant once in my life and it ended in a MC so my husband and I decided to b proactive in our journey to become parents. In June we had our first visit with a FS in which I found out I have Hyposalpinx in both tubes which means my only chance at having a baby would b threw IVF. After accepting this my husband and I decided to go straight into the process. Which was scary because we're paying out of pocket and its so expensive but I want a baby more than anything so we started our process.
I began BC on June 30th and that lasted till July 16 when the FS told us we were set to start our injections on the 20th it all went so fast I was shocked. The Gonal F injections were kinda scary @ first but once I did my 1st shot I was like "this isn't that bad" I was put on 300 units of Gonal F every night plus antibiotics for the hydrosalpinx that lasted for 10 days and I was also put on Menopure and ganirelix for3 days on the day b4 my EC I was told to stop the Gonal F and take my last injections of Menopure and ganirelix along with a shot of HGC at exactly 11pm.
EC went really well I got a total of 13 eggs of which 10 were mature I was called the next day and informed that of the 10eggs 8 fertilized. I was so happy because I felt my quantity was so good that I'd have a few embryos to work with. I was in able to do a fresh transfer due to the Hyposalpinx and my FS said I'd have to do a FET which was ok until I got the call to tell me that of my 8 only 2 made it to day 5 blast. I broke down an cried so much my husband had to remind me that it only takes 1 so after I went thru my heart ache I gathered myself and prayed and asked God to keep me positive.
Today I went for a US and was told my transfer will b on the week of Sept 16th so now I'm excited and ready to have my snow babies back in my body parlaying @ least one sticks.......
I know my story was long but ur so right about having someone who knows what I'm going they to share with making this easier to bear....

Hi Ladies,

I am new to the forum too and also still trying to understand the abbreviations and how it all works on here.

Thank you for both sharing your stories, you are not alone and I hope you find lots of support and comfort on these sites.

We start our first IVF cycle next Fri when i start down regging. I am not married but been with my partner for 11 years, I am 33 and he is 32 we never wanted kids in our twenties but never dreamed we would have problems. We have been trying for more than two years now, i've had all the checks, tubes and everything is fine but my FSH has come back high, twice, and my partners sperm count and mobility is below average so the numbers have gone against us.

I am hoping to just talk to other people on here about our experiences and how we are feeling and coping. I have a couple of great friends and a few family members that know what is happening but feel like i dont talk about anything else so been holding back thinking i must be boring them.

TeeinAZ - how did the U/S go today?

BubiMama - you husband is right it only takes one, stay positive.

Good luck and hope you get your baby dreams x

Good luck to you, i hope you get your baby dream

I have a few good friends and family that i can talk to but i sometimes feel like i talk about it too much and must be boring them so i have come on here to talk to people

Clearly I dont have much experience on here, sentences I couldnt see have now appeared at the bottom of my message lol - ignore those ones!!

BubiMama and Pinkie3 - Nice to meet you ladies.

Hang in there Pinkie3 I've heard great success stories with just one transfer. Good luck!!!!

BubiMama - Good luck with your IVF cycle!! It's very exciting!

So, my U/S was a tad bit depressing this morning. I am still waiting to get the call about my estrogen levels. So my follie situation. On the right ovary I have 15,12,12,11 and ready for this 20! My doc is not liking that 20mm follie. I am hoping that by Sat that my little ones are caught up. On my left I have a 17 and a 12. I need some major growth on my left side. I am so upset about this, but I have to try and stay positive and keep praying that when I go in Saturday my doc says OK, we're good to go!

I am set for my retrieval early next week, I want to keep that appointment on my calendar.

WHEW, this is so hard to deal with when you are pumped full of hormones. My gracious!

Hello again Tee and hello Ladies! I wouldn't get too discouraged if you post threads and no-one replies - just the way it is:shrug: Sometimes people have something to say and sometimes they don't.

Keeping everything crossed for you Bubimama - it really does just take 1!!!

Me - I met Mr Right at 40 after many party years with Mr Wrongs and Mr Maybes....... We married a year after meeting as I said that I wanted to get cracking with having a family straight away:thumbup: So - all seems to be okay with me - just depleting fertility at 42.....Hubby's sperm are a law unto themselves and due to a stressful job - his swimmers got worse! But healthy diet and stopping alcohol and having suppliments have improved them big time - would recommend looking at diet and alcohol intake for any man that has issues with motility and morphology! But we still had to freeze them just in case.

Here in the UK - at 42 - I don't get any IVF treatment on the NHS so after Clomid -which was a waste of time cos of hubby's sperm!!!! We are now having IVF and ICSI.....

Am still on bureserelin and waiting for AF so can book my down reg scan.....All such a waiting game am so impatient!! Then it's gonal f and then my trigger is pregnyl.....

Here's wishing we all get what our hearts desire from this very emotional journey:flower:

TeeinAZ - stay strong and I hope they are a perfect size by Saturday, keep that appointment in your calendar.

Emmi - thanks for sharing your story, glad you found your Mr Right. :) funny how we now want our AF to arrive lol

We have been taking supplements, eating well and stopped alcohol a few months ago (apart from a cheeky glass of vino on a special occasion) I have also booked a fertility acupuncture session for next week, i am going all out here.

How have you been feeling while taking your meds? I am a little nervous about the side effects, i have a friend who had a successful IVF who said she was VERY hormonal. More hormonal than i am now is a scary thought.

Also how are your partners dealing with this process? Mine is a little emotional and I think he feels a bit useless at the moment but trying to stay strong for me.

I am looking forward to hearing some good news on this thread x

Pinkie3

I am trying to stay positive and hoping that in two days if my estrogen doubled that maybe my follicles will join the darn party. LOL

About the meds. I am an extremely emotional person, and I mean I cry at commercials that are touching. I cry when I watch anything happy or sad. LOL I found that my side effects with the meds are very minimal. I think I get a mad at tad bit quicker and that I sometimes feel that I could cry for no reason just because I want to, but it's not terrible. :winkwink:

Hello again Tee and hello Ladies! I wouldn't get too discouraged if you post threads and no-one replies - just the way it is:shrug: Sometimes people have something to say and sometimes they don't.

Me - I met Mr Right at 40 after many party years with Mr Wrongs and Mr Maybes....... We married a year after meeting as I said that I wanted to get cracking with having a family straight away:thumbup: So - all seems to be okay with me - just depleting fertility at 42.....Hubby's sperm are a law unto themselves and due to a stressful job - his swimmers got worse! But healthy diet and stopping alcohol and having suppliments have improved them big time - would recommend looking at diet and alcohol intake for any man that has issues with motility and morphology! But we still had to freeze them just in case.

Here in the UK - at 42 - I don't get any IVF treatment on the NHS so after Clomid -which was a waste of time cos of hubby's sperm!!!! We are now having IVF and ICSI.....

Am still on bureserelin and waiting for AF so can book my down reg scan.....All such a waiting game am so impatient!! Then it's gonal f and then my trigger is pregnyl.....

Here's wishing we all get what our hearts desire from this very emotional journey:flower:

HI ya Emmi! I hope the waiting isn't long for you!!! <3

TeeinAZ - stay strong and I hope they are a perfect size by Saturday, keep that appointment in your calendar.

Emmi - thanks for sharing your story, glad you found your Mr Right. :) funny how we now want our AF to arrive lol

We have been taking supplements, eating well and stopped alcohol a few months ago (apart from a cheeky glass of vino on a special occasion) I have also booked a fertility acupuncture session for next week, i am going all out here.

How have you been feeling while taking your meds? I am a little nervous about the side effects, i have a friend who had a successful IVF who said she was VERY hormonal. More hormonal than i am now is a scary thought.

Also how are your partners dealing with this process? Mine is a little emotional and I think he feels a bit useless at the moment but trying to stay strong for me.

I am looking forward to hearing some good news on this thread x

Lordy Pinkie - am willing AF to just hurry up!! I am a tad emotional and cried when hubby said something quite innocuous......He went out and bought me some chocolate that naturally made me feel better:happydance:

For me - so far the meds haven't been to bad but I think it's the stimms that maybe the ones that makes a few changes in the body!!! Will wait and see!!!

We have both given up the booze and attempting to eat healthier and it does make a difference. My hubby is trying his best to support me but I think his emotions just aren't like mine - he is involved in work etc so I think his way of dealing with is more practical....All a bit strange!!!

Yes - really hoping that we get some good new on this thread too!!!x

HI ya Emmi! I hope the waiting isn't long for you!!! <3

Thank you!! Am climbing the walls with impatience!! x

Well here is a funny story for you...

My meds arrived today, I opened everything at home with the fella and almost had a heart attack when i saw the needles (I have a MASSIVE fear of needles) All I saw was the 40mm needles and i am freaking out, I burst into tears and blubbering on about how i dont know how i am going to do this etc etc. Anyway I finally work out that there is also a 13mm needle in there and this huge one is for mixing and drawing the solutions... what a donkey! (please tell me this is true and i dont have to stick this knitting needle in me??)

Thanks for the advice on the meds, if i have anymore moments like this morning at least i can blame it on them. I am feeling much calmer now, just getting impatient wanting to get on with it - only 1 week to go!

Emmi - i hope you dont have to wait much longer, keep yourself busy!

TeeinAZ - Good luck tomorrow i hope you get some good news, let us know how you get on.

X

Ha - yes - the pink or larger knitting needles are indeed to mix!!! That's ashame that you have a fear of needles but to be honest - I just don't feel a thing!!! Well I do have a bit of extra bits at the top of my thighs that come in handy.
Have you had your training session yet??? I found it far too much to take in but thank the Lord for youtube - lots of nurses and pharmaceutical companies showing us what to do when we forget!!!

I am still waiting for AF - am cramping like mad so I know it won't be long!

Once you get going - you do feel like you are getting somewhere though you still need the patience of a Saint!!!:wacko:

Pinkie3 - I am terribly afraid of needles. I am on day 7 of stims and when I go in for bloodwork I still can't look.

I am quite the pro at the shots now though. It's amazing what you can overcome when you really want something. Although I am a bit afraid of the trigger and progesterone shots.

Patience of a saint, i know that feeling!! Feel like my life has been on hold for months now, my friends that dont know think i've become a total bore. Sadly alot of my social life revolved around alcohol.

Training session is next Fri which is also my first DR day, i have no idea how i am going to do this myself but like you say its amazing what you overcome for something you really want. I have also been watching a lot of You Tube videos to get some idea of how it works. Q's - Did you take the other half to the training session with you? And I have been reading you can inject in the stomach or thigh, Emmi - assuming you found the thigh easier?

x

Hi Pinkie - no I didn't take hubby to the training with me but I kinda wish I had taken someone with me! There's a lot of info to take in and quite overwhelming! But youtube really helps and I am going to suggest to the clinic that they do a video and give us all a link. If you you have never injected before etc - there's way too much to be taking in for just 1 session.

They only taught me to do my thigh so I wouldn't even attempt my stomach but maybe your clinic will do the stomach? Depends really.

You will be fine - if I can do it - you can too! x

Thanks Emmi, thats made me decide i am taking the other half with me (being a bit of a baby id love to take my mum but unfortunately I dont live near my family). I struggle to take things in when i am nervous so could do with him there to make sure i am doing it right the first time. I agree i think a video demonstration would be a great idea hopefully they will introduce that in time.

I want to inject in the thigh, the thought of doing it in the stomach makes me feel a bit funny, although i have a lot more there to pinch!!

Yep - that's it - when your nervous - you just don't take anything in!!! I may have been the billionth person that the nurse has given the training session to and it's all very well saying that it will all make sense when ultimately I am nervous and anxious as hell!!!
It just helps to have a fresh pair of eye and extra pair of ears!

I think either the stomach or thigh is easy - as long as you have a bit to pinch then it really doesn't hurt so don't worry too much. x

I've been injecting Suprecur into the top of my thighs which I find easier than injecting Menopur into my tummy which stings and bruises..I have some huge ones at the moment!

When I first started injecting last month I was ok (ish) but since adding Menopur I dread it, maybe as I'm now injecting three times instead of the one:shrug: so long as it's a positive outcome I'll do what needs to be done!

Good luck ladies:hugs:

Hey ladies!

I'm on my phone. So please dismiss my typos.

I do all three injections in NY belly, myself. Hubby went to the training with and I'm glad he did. The first day of shots, I looked at him and was like, what am I supposed to do first!? He sat in the bathroom with me the first few days. Now I'm a semi pro. Lol

My follicles are at 14-17 and my estrogen levels are at 1726. They upped the dosage of Repronex to 150. I have an appointment tomorrow morning. I'm praying that they grew. I woke up this morning feeling my ovaries. Ouchie!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->