• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/FET in Aug'13' - Aug'14' buddies wanted!!*13 BFP's!!**Updates on first page**

Megan, I have done one hysteroscopy + Laparoscopy and I hated it so much. Since they would have to pump gas into your uterus, the gas goes everywhere in your body and I had a really bad shoulder pain and got really bloated. I was in bed for 4-5 days literally because I could only walk like a prawn!

I don't think I have done HSG though... Do you think a laparoscopy can detect fluid in tubes if there is any?

Luciola, I'm not sure if they can detect it by any other way. I've had one HSG last year when we started the whole TTC journey, but they were just looking for tubal blockage. They didn't look for fluid then, which is why Dr. Palter wants to repeat the HSG to see what's going on there now, a year later.

I've had a hysteroscopy twice too, but that didn't detect it either. No laparoscopy done for me though.

I wonder, and I will ask them for sure. Will let you know what he said!

Samsfan I thought Dr. Palter was very nice. He advised us a battery of tests, tomorrow beginning with Day 21 bloodwork. He said he believes immunology is a non-factor for implantation failure, and only contributes marginally to miscarriage. He said, since I have never conceived, immunology was not the way to go.

According to Dr. Palter, perform a trial transfer to see exactly how tilted my uterus is, perform an HSG to see if there's fluid in the tubes (which is a 75% factor with implantation failure) and if both those come clear, we could go for a fresh cycle with PGS to make sure we had good quality embies. Okay, does PGS cost $5000-$7000 per attempt? AND it isn't covered by insurance?

I am willing to go down that path, except that he is WAY too far for us, and even with a remote monitoring set up, DH will have to take a few days off from work to get there for the HSG/SHG and he hates the thought of driving that far away unless we have no other alternative.

I am still considering other REs: we are yet to meet Dr. T on the 18th, and I am wondering if I should set up a meeting with Dr. Spandorfer too and then decide?

And from what you wrote, Dr. Spandorfer seems like the best option for you, especially considering the Insurance.

About your HYSTEROSCOPY, I had two of those, but both were done under anaesthesia. I had a polyp in my uterus, which we had removed via a hysteroscopy the first time, and we repeated it after the first failed cycle to clean out the debris. I felt a bit of cramping but I don't recall it being particularly painful.

Hi Megan,

If PGD and PGS are the same testing then yes it would range from $3000-$7000...My costs from RMA was $4500, and I have done that twice already. Insurance does not cover that at all.

How are you feeling overall :hugs:

Praying4babies, PGS and PGD is different...

PGS is a screening that is done to see if the embies are genetically normal, i.e. they have normal chromosomes.

PGD is done to diagnose if the embies have any genetic diseases; PGD is only done if any or both the parents are genetic carriers of any disease or condition.

PGD is way more expensive, and according to Dr. Palter, it could go to $20K or more. PGS, he said would be $5k to $7k.

So I'm guessing that RMA did a PGS for you... and yeah, you're right, Insurance does not cover it at all. Its so sad, you'd think that considering the amount of money the Insurance companies will save from the birth of a healthy baby as opposed to one born of defective genes, shouldn't they be willing to cover it for couples that go the distance to have it tested? :growlmad:

Today we were scheduled to have our Day 21 monitoring, and we slept through the appointment time, lol. :haha: :dohh: Its COLD out there! Thankfully, the monitoring was supposed to be done from Day 21-24, so I've rescheduled to Saturday morning which will be Day 24. Whew!!

Dr. Palter set us up with Quest Labs for monitoring, and that helps, it being right here in West New York, and no need to travel far for monitoring! :happydance:

How are you feeling hon? What plans ahead?

Samsfan I called Cornell this morning to set up an appointment with Dr. Spandorfer. Unfortunately for us, he doesn't work with our Insurance so I would have to pay completely out of pocket since we don't have out-of-network benefits. Sadly for us, he's off the list and I have to choose between Dr. Palter and Dr. T.

I think I will let Dr. T conduct his immunology tests on me, and see if anything comes up. It will be good to know about that, if nothing else comes up on Dr. Palter's diagnostics.

You made your choice yet?

Hmmm...I just checked my papers and they have it listed as PGD and it is to check if the embies are all normal, and we don't have any genetic diseases. I'm in that so called bucket of unexplained...which in my opinion is crap....and by the way I ended up getting pregnant on my own which they said wouldn't happen just makes me believe even more that the "unexplained" excuse is crap! lol...

You would think that the insurance would cover that if the doctor is requesting it. I can't complain my husbands insurance is amazing but still....you would think that if the doctor still couldn't give you a straight answer on why that all additional testing would be covered.

Prayin4babies I totally agree. You conceived naturally on your own, and thats such a HUGE vote of confidence in yourself and your body's ability to conceive! :thumbup:

I agree with you totally. Its not unexplained, its just unexplored and undiagnosed. All it needs is some doctor who wants to diagnose without getting greedy to milk the money off the IVF cycle. :growlmad:

And I was just thinking, maybe you, Samsfan and me could connect offline at some point, since we are in the same geographical area. It might help to have a support system of others in the same boat as myself, with whom I can be myself openly and they would understand! I don't know if that's a feasible thing, but I would love it if we could make it happen some day. You lovely ladies here are closer to the heart than any other friends, simply because you understand something noone else does. :hugs:

Megan...you say the date I will be there! That would be awesome to meet up with you!!!

Sorry for the delay ladies

Smalltowngal- Thanks so much for the prayers

Country gal- I had my hysteroscopy today under anesthesia... what a scary experience...... will explain in my AFM

Plex- So so sorry... my prayers are with you.

Postalmom- Very exciting.. that stuff is gross. I usually wear a light pad on it. It is the only thing you can do.

Megan- I am leaning towards Dr. Spandorffer. I'm so sorry they don't take your insurance. Does anyone in his practice take it? They are all the best known names.

I met with Dr. T. He's into a lighter approach on drugs.... I like that he will consider experimental stuff.

So I think this is my plan, a combination of my gut, insurance, experience pros and con. I'm going to start with Dr. Spandorffer. His bed side manner is awesome. Nothing like my first doctor. I can't believe how poorly that office operated. I had my hysteroscopy today, he came and got me in the waiting room, walked me up to the OR, talked to me the entire way, saw me afterwards. What I am doing Megan is exploring all my options and not committing until I'm comfortable. I actually have a insurance interview with Dr. T's office tomorrow. I have Dr. P on hold for now. Btw, Meg.. you are absolutely right. I have learned so much from you guys and this is such a great network. I'll PM you:thumbup:

AFM- Although I was very happy with Cornell today, we had a bit of an issue... After the hysteroscopy I was taken to recovery. I was discharged as I got up to get dressed I turned gray and started to faint. My blood pressure dropped to 70/40. I recovered, but scary stuff. I think it is because the nurse explained that Dr. S did a D&C with the hysteroscopy. Dr. S had explained that everything looked good, but that he took a sample for testing. The nurse explained that is a D&C...Any type of scraping or sample is called a D&C. The terrible words! I didn't expect to bleed and I filled the toilet with blood so I was pretty upset. I think the combinations of that with anesthesia and my cold sent me into a spiral. Anyone have a scraping with their hysteroscopy?

Samsfan I thought Dr. Palter was very nice. He advised us a battery of tests, tomorrow beginning with Day 21 bloodwork. He said he believes immunology is a non-factor for implantation failure, and only contributes marginally to miscarriage. He said, since I have never conceived, immunology was not the way to go.

According to Dr. Palter, perform a trial transfer to see exactly how tilted my uterus is, perform an HSG to see if there's fluid in the tubes (which is a 75% factor with implantation failure) and if both those come clear, we could go for a fresh cycle with PGS to make sure we had good quality embies. Okay, does PGS cost $5000-$7000 per attempt? AND it isn't covered by insurance?

I am willing to go down that path, except that he is WAY too far for us, and even with a remote monitoring set up, DH will have to take a few days off from work to get there for the HSG/SHG and he hates the thought of driving that far away unless we have no other alternative.

I am still considering other REs: we are yet to meet Dr. T on the 18th, and I am wondering if I should set up a meeting with Dr. Spandorfer too and then decide?

And from what you wrote, Dr. Spandorfer seems like the best option for you, especially considering the Insurance.

About your HYSTEROSCOPY, I had two of those, but both were done under anaesthesia. I had a polyp in my uterus, which we had removed via a hysteroscopy the first time, and we repeated it after the first failed cycle to clean out the debris. I felt a bit of cramping but I don't recall it being particularly painful.

Btw Megan- I know that Dr. P doesn't misuse PGD testing. He told me it would harm my embryos rather than help my chances. He did use it with someone I am friends with and it solved their issue. They discovered through testing that they had some weird chromosomal issue. They have twins now.

Oh sams, I'm so sorry for your experience. I can completely visualize everything you said. You are very strong. I give you and all of these wonderful ladies my complete respect. So much probing testing and emotional ups and downs. Just remember that not everyone is as strong and determined as you. Keep your chin up. And keep pushing forwards.

Sam-- I did with my last hysteroscopy the beginning of January, but I had very minimal bleeding as they had me on birth control prior to the procedure.

Cntrygrl, you get your first ultrasound on valentines day! ! How cool. I went ahead and schedule with my obgyn that I've gone to for nearly 20 years. Mine will be on the 24th. I'm so excited. I guess we are bump buddies now.. hopefully the other ladies will be the next cycle behind us! How are you feeling?

Goodluck on your transfer tom Luciola!!!
Cntrgrl Goodluck on your ultrasound tom!!!!

not much happening on this thread recently :) I hope everyone is doing ok?
Good luck with your transfer Luciola! :thumbup:

AFM - I had my transfer yesterday and everything went well. We transferred 2 frosties this time, so I hope at least one (and only one :winkwink:) sticks!

I'm feeling pretty good. Just sore BB's and very little sick to my stomach this morning. Oh and I'm ready for bed at 9pm, Lol. I bought the weeks estimator clear blue digital this morning after a horrible dream I had last night.

I'm feeling pretty good. Just sore BB's and very little sick to my stomach this morning. Oh and I'm ready for bed at 9pm, Lol. I bought the weeks estimator clear blue digital this morning after a horrible dream I had last night.

I have had all kinds of wierd dreams, some bad. I thought of getting that test just to see if it says I'm further along so I'll have a better indication of it both took or just one. Ice been having what feels like pulled muscles on my lower left side below the ovary area. Sometimes I go to get up, and sit back down real fast because I never know when it's going to happen. My friend is 6 weeks and had similar. All I can think is that it's twins and my body is preparing to move things around. I'm so sleepy. Drinking lots of water, so going to the bathroom alot. Still cramping. I made an appointment for the 24th for my obgyn and up get my first scan.

Mizuno, congratulations! ! I did the pineapple core thing. I had a greenish pineapple that I cut 5 ways thru the core. I didn't eat the meat of it. I only ate the core which was not easy. Lol. I ate it for 3 nights starting the night of my transfer. I didn't even finish the other 2 pieces. I figured it couldn't hurt right? Take it easy the next week. Don't lift anything over 10 lbs. And keep us updated!!! I felt implantation 2dp3dt

Argggggg!!!! My DH refuses to admit that I really am pregnant until I get the blood test on Sunday. Even though I've taken like 20 tests in since last Friday all showing bfp!! My mother in law is the same way. I just want to slap them both for ruining my happy time!!

cntrygrl- Did they do a D&C on you? did they find anything? I guess it worked for you because you are preggers!!!!

Postalmom- thanks so much! Sounds like your DH is stubborn!

Sam-- I did with my last hysteroscopy the beginning of January, but I had very minimal bleeding as they had me on birth control prior to the procedure.

Hi ladies I just came back from the transfer. Was not as smooth as I wanted it to be. First I spent 45min to find a taxi, then my bladder was not full enough and last, immediately after the transfer (15min) after I had so much gassss! My intestine can feel the cramps when has passes (tmi)... I hope it won't affect the implantation... Anyway transferred 2 beautiful hatching blasts and now onto the painful PUPO Tww!

Hi ladies I just came back from the transfer. Was not as smooth as I wanted it to be. First I spent 45min to find a taxi, then my bladder was not full enough and last, immediately after the transfer (15min) after I had so much gassss! My intestine can feel the cramps when has passes (tmi)... I hope it won't affect the implantation... Anyway transferred 2 beautiful hatching blasts and now onto the painful PUPO Tww!

Congrats on being PUPO! ! As far as the gas goes.. I had gas for at least 4-5 days afterwards. That made the cramping much more painful. Try the pineapple! ! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->