IVF/FET in Aug'13' - Aug'14' buddies wanted!!*13 BFP's!!**Updates on first page**

Please tell me to shut up if I'm totally out of line, but I've got to admit something I've been feeling lately. I am so completely excited about everyone who has gotten their BFP over the last few months, but the pregnancy updates are really starting to get upsetting. I know everyone is super excited, and I know how long everyone has waited for their BFP and how totally amazing it is, but it's really hard for me to read the pregnancy updates everyday. Especially when some days I log into this thread and there are only pregnancy updates for two pages, with no current IVF ladies even talking.

The early updates before people are ready to move over to first tri are totally fine. I am so glad we can all share when we get our BFP and get support through those first betas. But the later updates are just messing with my head and I don't think I can keep reading them. After my m/c this last year, it was hard to even get on BnB, and whenever I see some of you posting about your pregnancies that are several months along, my heart just breaks a bit because it reminds me that DH and I lost our little boy. I would be 29 weeks along now, and I'm not. And my FET failed. And next week we're transferring again.

If the pregnancy posts aren't bothering anyone else, I can always move to another thread or take a break from BnB, but I just had to get my thoughts out there. I really don't want to offend anyone and I'm really sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.

You're right bunny, that's why I'm out of here as of now.

I just want to offer a possible explanation:
I can see how some girls might feel that they made special friendships with people on here and that these friends would like to be updated on their status. I do wish there was a first trimester thread specifically for people who have had trouble conceiving, as majority of the people on the first trimester boards just can't relate what we've been through. I know my "bitterness" at people who got pregnant by accident or in the first months of trying has not gone away and I don't think it ever will. Perhaps we should start a thread like this?

Anyway, I don't mean to make up excuses, and I do understand how you feel as I had been feeling exactly the same way for 2 1/2 years.

bunny, good luck with everything and I hope you will be joining us soon on the preggo boards!

Ladies, my apologies, I was about to butt out and unsubscribe out of here, but I know there are a few ladies here that care and wanted to give them an update. Hope you all succeed!

Bye!

Well good luck. Hope to see you on the other side. Mizuno, let me know what thread you and the others will be on. I only stayed because of the relationships I felt I had made. I can understand the frustration. And I agree that we need our own thread. Because going some where else seems like. . I got the support and the bfp and now I leaving? Feels wrong. But I guess it's wrong to stay.

Buny-- Good Luck with the ER tomorrow. I remember asking the same thing when I first joined. It seemed like everyone was pretty far along in their pregnancies and here I was just starting out with new fertility meds. Hopefully you will be joining us soon :hugs:

Mizuno and PostalMom please let me know if you do start a thread I'd like to join also if that's okay.

I think most of my posts here for several months now have been specifically to answer questions or respond to comments made by the ladies who are going through the IVF or FET processes. I try to be supportive without actually talking about what's currently going on with me. I have no problem bowing out if my being here is hurtful to others, though. Either way, I wish everyone the best. :hugs:

Good luck with your ER, Buny.

cntrygrl, mizuno, and postal please let me know if you guys move to another thread!

hi girls, one last post - I started a thread on the first tri board, if you would like to keep chatting:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/2131367-pregnant-after-ivf-thread.html

buny, I simply log onto this thread because I care about what you ladies are going through. You guys have been there for me and I want to be here for you as well. Didn't realize it was making you upset. Good luck with ER!

Luciola, so sorry about your beta. :cry:

Mizuno, That's fantastic news. I will move over to your thread.

Last cycle I had 18 follicles and 18 eggs. Today: 25 follicles, only 15 ready, and only 8 eggs. They haven't said if the eggs are even mature or not. Plus, DH's numbers were the worst today they've ever been. We can't do ICSI because last time all our ICSI embies stopped growing by day 2, only IVF embies made it to day 5. I am just totally devastated right now. I am just praying that we get a good report tomorrow. Don't know what I'm going to do if it's more bad news. :cry:

Last cycle I had 18 follicles and 18 eggs. Today: 25 follicles, only 15 ready, and only 8 eggs. They haven't said if the eggs are even mature or not. Plus, DH's numbers were the worst today they've ever been. We can't do ICSI because last time all our ICSI embies stopped growing by day 2, only IVF embies made it to day 5. I am just totally devastated right now. I am just praying that we get a good report tomorrow. Don't know what I'm going to do if it's more bad news. :cry:

I am hoping and praying that the outcome will be better than you think. All embies will make it!
My heart goes to you, you had high expectations...
Do you still have frozen sperm too?
Best of luck tomorrow.
Only positive thoughs, OK:hugs:

I am hoping and praying that the outcome will be better than you think. All embies will make it!
My heart goes to you, you had high expectations...
Do you still have frozen sperm too?
Best of luck tomorrow.
Only positive thoughs, OK:hugs:

I asked the embriologist about using one of our frozen samples and she said the freeze/thaw damage that all frozen sperm undergo would make the thawed sample pretty much equal to what we collected today.

Out of 8 eggs, only one fertilized. I am a mess. I don't understand how this could happen. Last cycle we had 18 eggs. 10 IVF, 8 ICSI. The ICSI all dies by day 2 so we went with IVF again this cycle. Last cycle IVF yielded 3 blastocysts from 10 eggs. This cycle we have 8 eggs and at this point, only one embryo. How could this happen????? This is an absolute nightmare. I can't believe this. If the embryo doesn't make it to Monday, that's $9,000 just tossed out the window. I don't understand how this is even possible. We used the exact same protocol as last time. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am so sorry bunny. :hugs:
Anything I'll say will not make you feel better.
Hang in there.
I hope and pray This one will grow. I hope you'll transfer it as soon as possible.
Ask for a boss dr. to do it!

Hey Ladies,
I am currently back on the " let's get pregnant road " again. Having my second FET'a next Sat. Wishing you all a good luck ;-). will try and catch up with some posts now.

Thank, Dov. We spoke to our RE today and she said that if our embryo makes it to tomorrow, the head RE will do the transfer, so that is good news. She also said that she's going to recommend re-thinking ICSI for next cycle if this cycle fails. If so, we'll go with PICSI, since studies show that couples who have total failure with ICSI often do much, much better with PICSI.

We can only stay in the Shengen passport zone until May 9, but RE promised we can fit another fresh cycle into that timeframe if this cycle doesn't work out. She also is having DH start taking some vitamins and antioxidants to help improve quality for next time. If he can get his numbers back up, that would be wonderful.

I am also thinking that if this cycle fails, I will start taking some of my supplements again and maybe my Metformin. RE says Metformin is not beneficial in her experience, but I've ready plenty of other studies that say different. And since I have about 9 months of the stuff stored up at this point, I may just take it anyway.

No embryo updates on Sundays at our clinic, so it looks like we're waiting until tomorrow morning for news. I call in at 9 to see if we'll get to do a transfer. Trying to keep myself occupied today. Need to run some errands, so I guess that's the plan. DH said he'll tag along, so hopefully that will cheer me up.

Hey Ladies,
I am currently back on the " let's get pregnant road " again. Having my second FET'a next Sat. Wishing you all a good luck ;-). will try and catch up with some posts now.

Hey bizz. :wave: Good luck with your FET. Definitely keep us posted.

Have you heard about IMSI?
It is better than ICSI.

https://www.ivfcliniclondon.com/en/treatments/imsi.html

bizzibii, welcome. Let us know your progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->