IVF/FET May and June

Hmmmm, my clinic has never checked my AMH.
I've been an overachiever in most of my medicated cycles, until I have ovarian drilling. Since then, all of my antral follicle counts have been within the normal range, instead of 30ish.

Rq120 - To answer your question about why my acupuncturist recommended no long haul flights so soon after transfer - even though the cabin is pressurised - it's still more pressure than we experience at sea level where I live. When you're trying to get that embryo to stick and stay - the extra pressure on your system is not helpful. She sent me a study about this - I will try to find the link and post it. But she also said in her 20 years in practicing fertility acupuncture - she's witnessed these results long before the study was done. It doesn't affect everyone the same way, but why take the risk?

Holy heck. Insomnia, a pounding headache and what I've just realized must be hot flashes.
Sweating one minute, freezing the next.

Gotta love hormones!

Merry -makes sense! And I agree why take the risk after all the expenses and heartache. Hope you get a few healthy embies next cycle; but if you don't, will you still be going ahead with transfer? Just interested in your protocol & how it works :).

My clinic freezes blasts on day 5 or 6. My eggs were of VERY poor quality; almost half were morphologically abnormal and in the end we only had 3 embies, so we have 2 frozen. At the time I was a bit upset but now I'm relieved because what to do with "leftover" embies really bothered me.

Ellie- what a great thought! DNA combining is such a miracle, even though it happens all around us all the time. Scientists can't force it to happen! Fx for your fert report x.

Please tell me someone will be testing soon! ;)

Rq120 - To answer your question about why my acupuncturist recommended no long haul flights so soon after transfer - even though the cabin is pressurised - it's still more pressure than we experience at sea level where I live. When you're trying to get that embryo to stick and stay - the extra pressure on your system is not helpful. She sent me a study about this - I will try to find the link and post it. But she also said in her 20 years in practicing fertility acupuncture - she's witnessed these results long before the study was done. It doesn't affect everyone the same way, but why take the risk?

Interesting!

I have too much time on my hands and I like asking questions... I've got a crib sheet ready for me to get all the details during my day 2 call tomorrow:

https://i64.tinypic.com/ajpf82.jpg

I know that not all good blasts become babies and plenty of lower graded embies/blasts do. It's really just my way of calming my mind and putting order into it.

Time, I agree with the other girls. I only had 2/7 (1pgs normal) make it to day 5 blasts and that is pretty usual. My doc will only freeze those of good quality also...I had some poor quality that they did not even bother biopsy in for pgs. I am always astonished by those that get so many to freeze. It is so hard not to compare, but those with multiple are very lucky.

Ellie, DH and I had this thin over Father's Day that he was a daddy...Frozen embie daddy that is. :haha: Hope you are resting well! Oh yeah...I have a crazy excel document with all my stats too.

Merry, my doc suggested against long haul until the hb too. Really her concern was more about what if you started to have bleeding or a signs of a mc...no where to go. Sucks you may need to cancel, but I am sure you will make the right decision for you and DH.

Hi to everyone else!

Lining is stalled...big sigh...and I may or may not have had a small breakdown. I just wish I would have pushed more for a ultrasound this weekend so at least we could have made a change. I now have a dominate follicle so I am guessing a stupid cancelled cycle. To make it worse the doc did not call like she said she was going to so we could discuss. So FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Measley 4.1mm up from 4 last week. Overachiever here :haha:

Measley 4.1mm up from 4 last week. Overachiever here :haha:

Sorry that sucks! Mine was at 7 when they did my transfer. The doctor said that it's not only about the thickness but also the appearance.
Have they put you on estridiol injections?

Omg you guys!
After all of my worrying....i just got the bill in the mail for our TWO (!!!) FROZEN EMBRYOS!
Omg, I'm soooooooo excited!
So that means 4/7 of our embryos made it to day 5 (2 morulas we transferred and 2 blasts frozen on day 6).

I totally think that my months of supplements made a difference! My stims were the same both cycles, only a day or two longer in the second. But for the 2 months in between I've been taking inositol, pqq + coq10 and melatonin (as well as the regular prenatal and metformin).

I'm so fricking happy.
And I'm still having crazy hot flashes. Hahaha

Omg you guys!
After all of my worrying....i just got the bill in the mail for our TWO (!!!) FROZEN EMBRYOS!
Omg, I'm soooooooo excited!
So that means 4/7 of our embryos made it to day 5 (2 morulas we transferred and 2 blasts frozen on day 6).

I totally think that my months of supplements made a difference! My stims were the same both cycles, only a day or two longer in the second. But for the 2 months in between I've been taking inositol, pqq + coq10 and melatonin (as well as the regular prenatal and metformin).

I'm so fricking happy.
And I'm still having crazy hot flashes. Hahaha

Ha! The only time we are excited to see a bill :)

Mdc so sorry about your lining and the lack of communication so very frustrating 😡 I really hope they can do something!!

Timetotry yay whoopie great news 😀 And I had flushes when Newley pregnant with my first son Harrison - I seem to think it was one of the first symptoms ...fingers crossed!!

Ellie love the chart! Looking forward to hearing the news.

I'm SO bloated to the point my skin hurts ...I look 4 months pregnant!! I had to call clinic today as was in such a pickle - they want me back in for a scan incase of ohss but the clinic is 1.5hrs away I'm manic in work & im pretty sure it's because I'm constipated 🙄! Let's see what tomorrow brings - are any of use super bloated post EC or ET ? I'm going to buy orange juice in morning & maybe prune but it's vile lol!! Oh the things we do to get pregnant people have no idea...so many women just blink and they are pregnant 🙄😧.

Bronte how's it all going?

Hi to everyone else!!

Mdc- ugh, I hope you don't have to be cancelled. If they cancel, do you get a refund? How much estrogen have you been on?

Nimbec- are you taking any stool softeners? Or maybe some milk of magnesia? They have saved me multiple times. Constipation hurts so bad after ivf/surgery.
Do you have any weight gain?
Which day past retrieval are you?
Are you taking any pain killers?
*fingers crossed for no ohss*

I was told that the progesterone can cause constipation. I think my prednisolone is counteracting that though, as I have the opposite problem so far!
Make sure you drink water and eat fibre.
I hope it's not OHSS.

So I'm just waiting for my call today. Should hear in a couple of hours how many fertilised. I like to think that, if none had, they'd have let me know yesterday...

Can't wait for your report ellie!

Timetotry that is SUCH good news! A guarantee for another chance :). How many dpt are you now?

Mdc- that sucks!! :( what now?

Nimbec- I'm still swollen after ivf, my one functional ovary hasn't gone down in size at all! Apparently it happens quite frequently and I have no idea how to get it down. Dr didn't seem concerned but my stomach is very bloated because of it. Hope you don't have ohss!

Of the 6 eggs, 5 fertilised, 3 started dividing and 2 are going strong! B grade embies (one 2 cell and one 5 cell). Since I'm having 2 put back, they are going to do it today!!! I'm in at 2.30pm and then I'll be PUPO!

Wow that went fast, congrats!! Are you taking meds for your nk cells? All the best! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->