IVF/FET May and June

I couldn't resist the urge to test this afternoon, but I knew it was pointless. So only a 2 hour hold and of course bfn.
Lol
Hopefully it's still too early and urine was too dilute.

I tested again, 8dp5dt with FMU, still BFN.
So I'm thinking it's another failure.
Sigh.

It's still early days. When is your OTD? Will they do a beta? I'm sorry you feel like it's failed :hugs:

Timetotry - so sorry. It is still early though as everyone said. Really hope you get your BFP.

Time, sorry about the nasty bfn, but still loads of time and maybe a little later implantation.

Bronte, I did pgs and it is a roller coaster for sure. Not sure if I can recommend one way or another. Benefits are that pgs gives you the best chance at a take home baby. Cons you have to grow to day 5 blasts and then freeze and the biggest attrition rate happens between day 3 and 5 (still a shock when you hear the final numbers), and obviously the cost part is not fun. The waiting was not so bad for me. My period started quickly after retrieval (doc said bc I used a Lupron shot), pgs results in 7 days, and my transfer should have been less than 3 weeks after retrieval. I am so happy I have one perfect blasts, but kind of wonder if we put the two in if I would be preggo now. Doc said with the one that tested negative either it would have not implanted or had an early mc. Not sure if I mentally could handle another mc, so I am glad I did it.

Nimbec, glad you feel a little better. I forgot the ole coconut milk trick :haha:

Ellie, hope you are resting nicely. How long are you on bed rest and when do you go back to work?

I am just hanging out willing my period to come quickly after I stop provera. :haha: Good note is that after stopping estrogen 3 days ago I am down almost 3 pounds of bloat and finally almost back to normal. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for the info Mdc. You raised a bunch of my concerns as well. I do like that it can lower MC rate though, because I don't know if I can mentally handle that again, especially after all this process. It's a tough call. We still won't make our final decision depending on our numbers, but hopefully we have some to work with to make the decision easier.

Yay for some of the bloat going away finally!

Time so sorry you feel out, I agree with the other girls there really is still time left to get a bfp however I understand your doubt and feeling of being out - it sucks!!

Mdc hope it comes quickly!

Well I have late onset ohss 🙄😞 they were surprised I hadn't been into see them before I'm so bloated it's horrid I have free fluid in me and now they have given me blood thinners as it can make your blood thick amongst other nasty stuff. Really hoping not to get admitted to hospital but they have said its a possibility. On a positive note they said its good news in a way as their must be hcg floating in my system and they think the trigger would be pretty much gone....I so hope I am pregnant but hardly dare dream....I won't know till next week I'm now tempted to test to see if any still visible but will then drive my self crackers line squinting!!

How is everyone else?

Nimbec - you poor thing! I hope you don't have to go to the hospital! And I hope you recover quickly. To test or not to test - that's a tough question, but I do agree that it sounds like some HCG is floating around. That usually is what causes OHSS/makes it worse. That is why some docs trigger with Lupron.

Oh nimbec - that is horrible. I hope they can get it under control and you are alright.

Aawww timetotry I'm holding everything crossed SO HARD for you hun!!!!!! Huge hugs!

Nimbec- omw I hope you don't have to go to hospital :/ keep us updated. And if you start testing, just post then we will all squint with you :).

Ellie- a lady on another ltttc thread also had a day 2 transfer and is now 20ish weeks pregnant; totally possible!

Bronte- shame hun sorry that you are so worried. This process is hard for sure. Sounds like you are responding well for now though!

Nimbec- eek, I hope you get some relief soon and don't need to be hospitalized.

I just put my next dose of progesterone pills in and found some blood. Sigh.
Just fricking sucks. I really thought ivf#2 would be it!
Holding on to a tiny shred of hope that the spotting stops, but this has been the trend in past cycles.

I haven't talked to my clinic yet, but I'm curious how frozen transfers work? What kinda meds and protocol do they use? How long would I have to wait between this fresh transfer and the frozen transfer?

Nimbec, yikes. I hope you can sort it without being admitted.

Time, I'm so sorry. It's just not fair xxx

Time - so sorry. Hugs. I don't have answers to your questions for sure but I'm pretty sure they can do the FET fairly close to this transfer of not the next cycle depending on how your body is doing. And I've heard lots of people end up having luck with a FET since you aren't as medicated. Everybody is different though. Good luck.

Time I'm so sorry it's not fair life sometimes throws horrible things at us but hopefully 3rd time lucky for you I'm pretty sure the stats are really high for 3rd time. Sending you huge hugs!!! I was told about frozen - I would bleed from this and then they would start off your next proper bleed or the one after depending on how things looked...not too long for you I hope!! I'm sure it seems an eternity away xx

Well as for me this ohss sucks big time!! I'm worse this morning 🙄 Going to do as much as I can to make it better and stay out of hospital. Thank you so much for all your well wishes!!

But on a positive note I'm not constipated anymore 👍 And I'm hoping this means I'm pregnant but still no garentees! 5dp5dt today.... May sneakily test Monday 🤔 Hubby wants me to wait! Not sure I can lol!!

Nimbec, I hope the ohss goes down soon and you do not have to go to the hospital.

Time, that sucks but it could maybe be old blood. I hope you do not have to do a FET. If you do you can start after your next period. Depending on the protocol it is pretty easy. They had me take estrogen starting day 2, scan day 14, and if we were ready to go start pio and vaginal progesterone. I guess my clinic likes to do both temporarily as they have seen better results. If progesterone is fine eventually you can taper the pio.

Gals, do you know of any tests that I should ask my doctor for, before doing my next transfer?
Anything that causes implantation failure?
TIA

Nimbec, hope your doing ok! OHSS is horrible, I only had it mildly and that was bad enough!
Time, I'm currently doing medicated FET. I did ivf back in March but I was showing signs of OHSS so they decided to freeze my embryos. I had to wait 2 cycles to let my body recover. It's quite a long cycle medicated, think unmedicated is shorter. I started down regulating on 31st may (injections burselin) I had a baseline scan on 17th June to make sure my lining was thin (I had a withdrawal bleed between that time) then on 21st I started estrogen pill 3 times a day(also carrying on with the injections), I had another scan on the 1st to check how my lining was progressing (they like for it to be around 6mm at this point). I start pessaries on Tuesday 5th twice a day and stop injecting on Thursday 7th and my transfer is 11th July. I carry on taking pills and pessaries until 12 weeks (all being well) or until I bleed. Hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->