IVF/FET May and June

Timetotry - really hope that's a good sign for implantation. I'd definetly forgo the vacuuming. If for no other reason than you deserve a small break! I think all of us that have gotten to this point are super skeptical. We've all been through so much not to be. Good luck. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Tulip I'm so sorry sending you big hugs it's so tough 😞.

Ellie yippee for the trigger! Not long and you will be pupo too :) can't wait to hear how many eggs you get.

Mdc when is the next lining check fx it's getting better!!

Timetotry eek I so hope it's something for you, definitely don't Hoover - it's a good excuse not too anyway 😉. What day do you plan to test again?

I'm really confused ladies about when to test...I did a trigger so I guess that confuses things! Clinic are saying 14-16 days after transfer...that seems a very long time as I'm having a 5 day transfer?? Confused.com! Maybe I should buy some cheapies and test it out, but will that send me bonkers?!

Nimbec- my clinic makes us wait that long too. They send me for a beta on day 18 (so 13 days after transfer). It's soooooooo long!
Not sure when I'll test at home, because I def won't be able to wait that long!

Tulip- so sorry to hear :(

Elicain- happy triggering! Can't wait to hear about it tomorrow.

Nimbec- for my fresh cycle (which was positive but I miscarried) I tested a few days before the beta. I think the beta was 13dp5dt but since I had triggered that cycle I refused to get myself excited until the beta since I didn't know if the bfp was from the trigger or not. This cycle which was frozen I had no trigger to the moment I got my bfp I knew it was real. I hope you got your bfp soon so this crazy can be all over :)

Timetotry- that sounds really promising! I felt exactly that from 4dp5dt :) fx so hard!

Nimbec- on average, a 10000 iu trigger should be gone from your system 14days after the trigger. I started testing 5dp5dt (12 days after trigger ) and trigger was still there. By 6dp5dt it had pretty much faded, line came back faintly at 7dp5dt. X

Impatiently stalking until the next exciting update!

Hi everyone I'm PUPO 😬😬😬 with a super quality embie, so happy the embryologist said it could not have been better 😀😀😀. I also have 5 excellent Frosties too so I feel really lucky and hopeful that even if this cycle fails I have some Frosties to use too. The transfer however was not straight forward, they really struggled to get the catheter I the right place my cervix was not playing ball and it kept getting stuck at a bend 🙈 All done now though and in the right place - in just sore and blimey the first wee I had was wowsers painful just incase any of you experience i guess it's normal after a non Straight forward transfer. I will tell you the grades of embies later I took a picture of the sheet but it's on my husbands phone!

Now for the wait...10th July official test date - seems a long wait!

Hope everyone else is ok.

How did trigger go Ellie?

Huge congrats nimbec. So exciting. I'm a bit worried about transfer as well, since they had issues with my HSG test with getting the catheter in. Even after giving me meds to soften it and dilating the cervix they still had issues getting it in. So this does make me a bit more nervous.

Does anyone know if they can do anything to help with that process?

I'm so excited they got it to work for you and you are officially PUPO. Congrats again and good luck! Hope you heal up quickly.

Thanks both 😀

Bronte they do a practise run when doing EC to know whether it will be straight forward and if you will need any meds etc - I guess mine was just naughty today, they did however tell me they would have got it right no matter what so don't worry -I think reading between the lines I have a tilted cervix and it was twisted too I may have that wrong as I was a bit preoccupied lol! yes it was painful for a bit but 100% worth it! Many women have no problems at all. Please do not worry, I had big problems when I was younger with them trying to put a coil in me, I went into toxic shock and was hospitalised so I was super worried about EC etc but really it was fine :)

Okay that does actually make me feel better. Thank you. I'm glad they do a practice run to determine what I might need. I'll just need to remind them I had issues before. I had wondered if it was a tilted cervix or something as well. I actually passed out during the HSG. So I've already been told I need to really be mindful of my fluid intake and getting a ton before hand. Hope they don't have issues. We shall see.

Anyway, congrats again.

Congrats nimbec!
I've have a few rough iui and my hsg was horrible too. My cervix doesn't like to cooperate either. I feel your pain. Did they have to use the tenaculum (clamp)? I'm absolutely terrified by it (had it once and I always tell the doctors not to use it again).
Your pelvic muscles were probably quite tense after that!

Eta...
Bronte- just saw your post. Despite having issues with my cervix before, I've had some procedures, including both of my transfers that were painless!
Just keep in mind, if it is painful, that the whole procedure is short. It will be over soon and the feeling will be gone!
Maybe you could take a Tylenol before? Not sure if that would help or even be necessary.. No nsaids though!
Have you had any iuis before?

Just to add, when you are tense your cervix clenches and it is harder and more painful for the doctor to insert the speculum.

Congrats Nimbec!
Trigger went fine and work was a great distraction today. Now I'm ready to feel optimistic about tomorrow. Bring it on!
https://i66.tinypic.com/29vecfa.jpg

Oh and for a laugh, I POAS today to witness the trigger...
https://i64.tinypic.com/156emb4.jpg

Gl ellie!! Hope that line fades quickly and comes back super strong :)

Congrats nimbec! Yay now I can't wait until you start testing :)!

Congrats Nimbec! Those are great frostie numbers too! Excited for you and crossing my fingers for you.

Tulip, so sorry! :hug:

Nimbec, I guess that makes sense from a testing date and congrats on being PUPO! Hope the time flies by! Sorry about the problematic transfer.

Bronte, I have a tight cervix also...fun times! Not much can help I think trying to relax is the best we can do. My doc is giving me diazepam really to help relax the uterus, but I hope it will also help my head and cervix relax too :haha:

Time, ahhh the torturous clamp. Not my fav! I had it with my first iui...not horrible but not fun either!

Ellie, good luck with your massive follies tomorrow!

My lining check is tomorrow hoping, finger crossing, and multiple pleas to the fertility gods to make this work. Still kind of feel out, but I guess we will jus hope for the best. Man all this waiting is awful.

Timetotry - I've never had IUIs before and the HSG test was the first time that I remember when they had to stick anything through my cervix. I'm sure I was tight, but the first time they tried it, they dilated it, and all that jazz and it didn't work at all and the doctor had to stop because he didn't feel comfortable proceeding, which he was nice enough to tell me had only happened around twice in 10 years (kind of him to make me feel better...not :)) So my OB did the next one and they gave me meds to soften the cervix prior to the procedure. I of course did Tylenol but that didn't help at all. They weren't too far along before I passed out either from the dilation, pain (which honestly is what I think happened, it was short lived but it was super painful), or something else. It wasn't my RE that did it and I have a bit more confidence in his ability since he's probably used to trickier patients. Plus, when I mentioned my concerns he said they often use a different catheter type which doesn't cause issues as much. We'll see. I can deal with the pain. I just don't want to go in and them not to be able to get through the cervix at all. I'm sure they will make it work no matter what. But it's just one more small fear during this process.

Ellie - yay for trigger. Good luck!!!

Mdc - the waiting does suck. Really hope your lining is good to go!

Ouch Bronte! That sounds so painful! Hopefully your RE has the special touch!

I'm struggling with the tww. I'm really not good at this!
I'm done my recovery period and start back at work tomorrow, so that will be a welcome distraction. Hubby and I are working opposite shifts though, so that means I'll have evenings alone... Gotta figure out how to get through them. My mind wanders too much when I'm alone!
I have a hard time since I can't do most of my hobbies right now. I'd love to go do an intense workout, but that's not allowed. I knit, but usually it's baby things, so that doesn't get my mind off of it! I'd love to be outside in the beautiful summer weather we are having, but again...not allowed to raise my core temp.

What do you gals do to distract yourself and fill your time?

Time, I'm slightly dreading the IVF 2ww too...

I've got a stack of colouring books (Johanna Basford is my fave) and nice colouring pens and pencils, which I intend to enjoy in the 2ww.
I'm also going to spend lots of time cuddling my dog, getting my oxytocin levels nice and high.
I'm going to watch lots of comedies - films and series. Laughter helps counteract any stress hormones.
I'm going to do some guided meditations to help me relax.
I'm going to bake. And buy a new recipe book to try out some new things.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->