IVF/FET May and June

Thanks ES sorry you had to suffer too it's awful :( :( it won't be long now till your transfer I bet you are getting excited!

Timetotry have you been taking blood thinners? I hear sometimes that can help with implantation. Also there is the option of the generic testing but I don't know a lot about that and think it has to be done from a fresh cycle. Also I seem to remember somebody in here maybe not this thread speaking about a vitamin that can help...hopefully my brain will remember later for you. Still sending you huge hugs!!

Well as for me I'm rough rough rough hospital phoning me again today and may have to go in this afternoon as I'm huge and very sore..now feel sick too 😢. Also they were saying it must be hcg around so I tested this morning and I don't think there is a line ...can't decide if I'm imagining one now it's dried - still early I know but I'll be super gutted if it's a bfn and I'm poorly 😭.

Thanks ES sorry you had to suffer too it's awful :( :( it won't be long now till your transfer I bet you are getting excited!

Timetotry have you been taking blood thinners? I hear sometimes that can help with implantation. Also there is the option of the generic testing but I don't know a lot about that and think it has to be done from a fresh cycle. Also I seem to remember somebody in here maybe not this thread speaking about a vitamin that can help...hopefully my brain will remember later for you. Still sending you huge hugs!!

Well as for me I'm rough rough rough hospital phoning me again today and may have to go in this afternoon as I'm huge and very sore..now feel sick too 😢. Also they were saying it must be hcg around so I tested this morning and I don't think there is a line ...can't decide if I'm imagining one now it's dried - still early I know but I'll be super gutted if it's a bfn and I'm poorly 😭.

Nimbec - oh I'm so sorry. It sounds aweful. Hope they can get it under control.

Time - have you had PGS or PGD done on any of your embryos? Sometimes chromosomal issues will prevent implantation. Also someone I know just had an ERA test done and basically it's a biopsy of your lining after they put you through a medicated IVF cycle to see what's going on.

In terms of what to help have you had an endometrial scratch or embryo glue to help with implantation. All things to maybe ask about.

Hugs again. I know it has to be hard.

Timetotry- have you been tested for blood clotting issues? I took baby asprin and cortisone (anti-rejection meds) to help with implantation after testing positive for a subclinical slight blood clotting problem. Hugs hugs hugs. I've also heard that fet has a greater success rate than ivf. Xx

Nimbec- oh my gosh you poor thing!! Do you think they will do a beta at the hospital before giving you treatment/medicine? How many days past transfer are you today?

Thanks ladies! I haven't taken blood thinners or been tested for outing disorders. Do you know specifically which tests they run? (I work in a lab, and know that my INR PTT have been normal in the past).
I did have an endometrial biopsy done a few times, and they did one the month before this ivf (which was sent off to pathology, not just the scraping done). So I'm assuming there was no physiological problems.

And I don't think my clinic does the pgd/pgd, I haven't seen it on the price list.

So I called my clinic, bleeding is heavier then spotting now, and stronger AF like cramping. And I tested at home, BFN. So beta is tomorrow but they said it's most likely negative. (I'll have to make sure I'm not working on that bench tomorrow... Can't run my own beta lol).
I'll be happy to get out of progesterone limbo.

I asked about FET, the nurse said I'd have to wait 3 cycles. But my actual doctor, last time, didn't make me wait 3 cycles and let me do clomid on one of the cycles between ivfs. (only 2 months off between full ivf cycles). So hopefully I dont have to wait that long

Nimbec- I'm sorry you are feeling worse. Is there anything else you can do to try to prevent hospitalization? Sorry about the neg test, I'm hoping it's just not detectable yet!

The ERA test I think is different than a normal endometrial biopsy because they basically put you through an entire IVF cycle and do the biopsy instead of retrieval. It sounds like a lot of emotions. I'm not sure it would give you much more info than your other biopsy though. Or if it's much different. I don't know that much about it.

And my clinic doesn't technically do PGS or PGD either. They just do the biopsy of it and send to a genetics company who analyzes it. Worth a try.

Have they not offered you any suggestions for why the cycles might have failed? Is only issue that you know of the PCOS?

Really hoping the FET works for you. Maybe that's just the difference needed to do the trick. Good luck.

Nevermind nimbec you are 6dp5dt if I'm right? Weeellll I only got a VERY light + on 7dp5dt with a 9 hr hold very concentrated fmu! So I'm hoping yours is also still brewing and will pop up soon. Xx

Hmmmm that ERA test sounds like a lot of work! Lol

So far, the only issue that we know of is the PCOS. Hubby always has a great semen analysis (count, morphology and motility are all normal).

I asked last failed cycle, and they said the most common is that the embryos stop developing but they can't really say why. And they said the success rate is 40%, so keep in mind that the chance of it not working are higher.

I'm curious about my immune system.. I do have a type of psoriasis, which is auto immune. Maybe my immune system attacks them embryos too strongly?

I have no clue!

It does sound like a lot of work, I agree. The person I know that just had it done is still waiting for results. So I'm not even sure what all it could tell you.

Hopefully your clinic has some suggestions and can try a few things different. All of what you mention could happen so hopefully they can figure out the most likely stuff to help. Good luck.

I'm curious about my immune system.. I do have a type of psoriasis, which is auto immune. Maybe my immune system attacks them embryos too strongly?

I have eczema and flare ups do respond to antihistamines, so the same thing occurred to me.
I wasn't actually all that shocked to find after a hysteroscopic polypectomy that I had elevated endometrial natural killer cells and I hope the prednisolone I'm on during 2ww will help with that. Have you been tested - if not, you could ask for it, but get biopsy of endometrium rather than blood test.

Hi all quick update I've been super poorly an admitted to hospital on a drip and I wouldn't wish this on anyone!! They have taken bloods including hcg and I will know in a few hours either way 🙈. They have scanned me and I'm very hyper stimmed and literally look 6months pregnant...been sick too so pretty grim.

I'll let u all know when I get the result.

Nimbec I'm thinking of you, will be checking in first thing tomorrow hopefully to good news. Hope your night in hospital is not too bad, at least you are getting proper treatment now. X

Ellie, are you coping with the tww? :)

Bronte - how are you doing?

Timetotry- I could be wrong. .. but I believe many of us have immune and autoimmune issues (even if subclinical ) due to our exposure to GMOs, pesticides and other environmental toxins, preservatives and additives in food etc. Part of my pregrad theory work was on the steep rise in allergies etc and gmos as possible causative factors... idk I think looking into immune issues and cortisone treatment is worth it. My clinic has EVERY patient take cortisones and baby asprin unless there is a clear contra-indication. ... it can't harm, just possibly help.

I have so much respect for your attitude and looking toward the future. Will definitely be stalking you until you get your bfp... and beyond :) :)

Nimbec- so sorry hope you feel better real quick! Fingers crossed that the hcg is positive

Bronte- did I miss your update? When will your ER be?

Time- a lot of people respond better to fet since there are so many less hormones and meds in the system. Even if you don't get your bfp you have a great chance with a frozen transfer.

Oh Nimbec - this sucks. But I'm so glad you are getting proper treatment and being looked after. Hope you heal quicker and get a positive test.

AFM - thanks for checking ladies. I'm doing well. Just feeling a bit tired and drained this evening. My next ultrasound is tomorrow so I'll probably know then if I trigger tomorrow or not. ER was tentatively set for Wednesday. Last ultrasound she measured I think 25 follicles but a lot of them were small.

Nimbec, I'm so sorry you are so poorly and I really hope you get a great beta today so it's all worth it.

Bronte, good luck in the next few days! It's the exciting bit for you now. I really enjoyed the bit from last scan, through trigger and EC to ET. Make the most of it, it flies by and then you just have the waiting bit.

Afm, trying not to go mad on this turbo 2ww. In many ways, it's better than a normal one, as my chances are higher. But the pressure is huge and I'm already trying to set up another round for if this doesn't work. I've had terrible insomnia tonight, finally given up trying to sleep at 3.30am and moved to spare room, where it is cooler.
My clinic told me no sex or swimming or baths for 3 days and I'd planned on a nice bath last night, but then I just freaked out and have decided it's showers only until OTD! Not sure when I'll try sex again. With the bloating and then the procedures, it's been over 2 weeks already and now the cyclogest is not exactly making that part of me very enticing...
I miss the go-go-go of the last couple of weeks. After all the scans and excitement, I feel a bit deflated and abandoned now. Anyone else feel that way during the 2ww?
Still, I'm back to work tomorrow, so time should go quicker now. Tomorrow is 4dp2dt, so hatching day!

Hi ladies very quick post as I'm feeling very poorly - I'm pregnant ! Beta 35 (taken last night) just got to hope it doubles now in 48hrs 😬 Fingers crossed!! They are talking about draining me doesn't sound very nice but I'll do what I have to do!!

Catch up with everyone later once I'm feeling more human!

Congratulations! That's amazing news and I hope it will help you cope with the next few days :) xxx

Congrats nimbec!! Hopefully the good news will help you get through the recovery. Feel good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->