IVF/FET May and June

Nimbec, I'm thinking of you and praying for your little embie :hugs:

Yes, we put both back. They aim for 2 at my clinic at my age (39). No frosties :( Out of 7 eggs, 5 fertilised and only 3 started developing. One was too fragmented to save, so just the 2.

Oh Ellie - I'm so glad you decided to see someone then. That is a lot of pressure on this cycle. I so hope it succeeds for you.

AFM - we gained one more late one that fertilized. Love news like that. So excited to see how they make it.

We won't know anything until Wednesday I believe.

Hugs hugs hugs nimbec. Really hoping for the best. Xxx

Nimbec - any updates? I'm really pulling for you and baby. So sorry you are going through this. Huge hugs!!

Hey ladies, im so sorry ive been MIA but i had a pretty rough time following our collection.
Firstly congrats to all those with a :bfp:

So you all know that I had a may egg collection, we got 16 eggs, 16 mature, 14 fertilised and 9 made it to day 5 biopsy for pgd. 3 or those unfortunately deteriorated after biopsy and were subsequently discarded so we were left with 6 in the freezer.
9 days later we got the results on those embies...i had only 1 healthy and unaffected embaby and it was a poor quality 5CC blastocyst.
I had no hopes for this embie at all but to my surprise, that lonely little fighter thawed with 100% cell survival and implanted!
Im only 4dp5dt so its still early but i tested positive on a frer this afternoon xx

Congratulations rachy!! :happydance: You deserve this bfp immensely after everything you've been through my dear. I've been following your ttc journey from a far. And I must say... it's your time girlfriend!! I hope you have a happy & healthy 9 months!! :dust: I wish you all the best. I'm so excited for you!!:dance: :hugs: :headspin:

Wonderful news Rachy. What a great update!! Congratulations and really hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Just popping in to say hi! I've been lurking but not posting much.

Congrats Rachy
Bronte- go embryos! When will your transfer be?
Nimbec- thinking of you. Hope your beta increases!
Fern- how are you doing?
Ellie- good for you for setting up counselling. Depression/mental health is no joke. After my first failed ivf I was in a very very dark hole, I didn't see or talk to my friends for about a month and broke down as soon as I saw them. I wish I had gotten some help, and still probably should, but I just don't feel ready for that yet. I was terrified of the dark hole in ivf#2, but having frosties has really helped me cope, just that little bit of hope still.

I have a couple questions for you gals
1. For those that did pgd, we're there indications that led you to do the testing? How did you decide on doing it? Were there existing genetic issues you were concerned about?
2. Does anyone take metformin? 2 years in, I still get nasty diarrhea from it. Has anyone found anything that helps? Hubs and I are planning a road trip and I'm nervous for the long drives

Time, we did it to increase our chances of a sticky embryo. When our first transfer failed, my Dr said that everything looked perfect so her only explanation was maybe my embryo wasn't healthy. Our second round of stims, I transferred before knowing the results because I didn't want to lose that transfer that I already paid for, but if it came back abnormal then that would have answered my question had the cycle failed. Luckily, he came back normal, and he stuck, but if he hadn't we would have tested embryos for a FET. I also think the endo scratch tremendously helped him snuggle into my lining.

I'm on metformin until I turn 12 weeks on Wednesday. I was put on it in October, and the upset stomach died down after a few weeks for me. I take 1500mg. I started by only taking 750 for the first week and then added in the other pill. It was an easier transition for my tummy.

Ugh I've had 3 scratches. Guess I'll probably be having another one before FET.

I take 850mg twice a day. I've been on it for 2 years now. The first 4 weeks were horrible, but now I just get sporadic bouts of the most aggressive diarrhea! Comes on quickly with little warning. Greasy food def triggers it, but it's hard to figure out what else. Sometimes the same food will trigger it, but another day it won't. Sometimes I can't even finish eating something without having to run to the washroom. It's usually once a week or so that I have issues.

Endo scratch and metformin are def some of the worst parts of this process!

Could it be that maybe your stomach is sensitive to something else? I get diarrhea during stims, and any time af showed I would get it really bad. I also get it if I have too much dairy.

I also got it bad the first few weeks of pregnancy. Really any time my hormones are changing!

Time - we are doing PGS not PGD. So it just looks at chromosomes and not any specific genetic conditions such as cystic fibrosis. PGS literally just looks at the chromosomes. My doctor highly recommended it since I'm over 35 and generally in women over 35, 50 percent of our eggs have chromosome issues that can lead to implantation failure or sadly miscarriage. Since we were already investing so much time and energy in this process I wanted to give myself the best shot the first time and then we could adjust as needed if it doesn't work. We don't have known genetic conditions to be concerned of. Age just isn't on my side.

Sorry you are having stomach issues. I also have diarrhea and other issues when my hormones are messed up so during ovulation and period time. It's not fun.

I've found since having progesterone I've been loose the back end, totally agree its gotta be all the hormones and changes.
Ellie, I think councillng is a very good idea, talking about these things always feels like a weight has been lifted.
Rachel congratulations on your bfp! Bet your over the moon!
Brilliant number Bronte 😊😊 such a relief when those numbers finally come in.
Hope your doing ok Nimbec, hope your little 1 is holding on.
Hi to time and everyone else!
Big day for me, having ET today 💗 not heard off the clinic yet though xx

ES - congrats on almost being PUPO. Good luck today and hope everything goes smoothly.

Rachey, congratulations! Are you going in for a beta?

Nimbec, what a roller coaster. I hope the beta jump this next time and hope your ohss is under control. Wow!

Time, I am like bronte and did pgs just based on my age.

Es, good luck with the transfer!

Ellie, I applaud you for getting help and asking for it. This whole progress is so stressful and there is so much at stake. I hope the session is going well. :hugs:

Feels so weird to just be doing a natural cycle and I hope my lining is starting to grow baby grow! AF was like a day and a half not surprising since my lining was pitiful. At least I have a couple days off this week to go to wine country and then camping with my in laws so at least that will take my mind off of the waiting.

Time gosh I was on it for over 2 years too evil stuff but it did help regulate me! I found that the slow release version of the tablets worked much better for me, perhaps worth asking? Also a small snack when taking them and a bigger meal later on I couldn't have a big meal at the time of taking them.

Es good luck how did it go?

Rachy congratulations

Hi everyone else hope you are all ok and coping on this crazy ttc journey!

As for me still in hospital over 7 litres drained but I'm feeling much better, I'll be here a while yet as still very swollen and my bloods are crazy weird. Good news today my beta came back ok!! Yay!!! From 129 to 217 not the quickest but within normal limits please be ok embie!!!! I have added a ticket and hope I haven't jinxed it but I've decided to enjoy it while it lasts! Thank you for all your well wishes.

Yay, Nimbec, I'm so pleased your beta numbers increased. This is wonderful news. So glad to hear you are feeling a bit better as well. I'm sure the 7 liters drained from you, makes you feels so much better now. Hope everything continues to improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->