IVF/FET May and June

Wow ellie that would be too hard for me! But sooo happy for you that you made your own plan to empower yourself & have some peace. Kudos!! I can't wait, hope your result is a blazing +.

ES- I started feeling stabbing pains in my uterus 4dp5dt... could have been implantation or maybe not lol. And then a few days later started feeling slightly sea sick.

Nimbec- thinking of you xxx

Oh by the way rachy have you tested again? Hope your lines are nice and dark!

Ellie - that is along way to wait. But testing won't change the outcome and if you will be better equipped to handle it mentally later than you have to definetly do what's best for you.

AFM - found out we have two embryos left at Day 5, neither is a blastocyst and they aren't looking spectacular. Of course I'm a bit disappointed because we lost 7 but I know I should feel lucky we are still in it. I'm just second guessing all my decisions now and trying to figure out how to proceed. I'm leaning towards doing another entire cycle regardless of if both make it to freeze.

I got a positive at 5dp5dt. I didn't have symptoms except for a pressure in my abdomen. It was almost like full bladder pressure/pain but it didn't correlate with my bladder.

Bronte - I had an early blast at day 5 that grew into a blasto so even if they are slower, it can happen.

Good luck to everyone.

You're definitely not out, Bronte! For what it's worth - of the two eggs of mine that fertilised - one was froze at 3 days and was in top form. The second wasn't looking promising and was super slow so they decided to wait another 3 days. It turned into a beautiful blastocyst - just took it's sweet time!

As for a second round - as you know since I'm doing mild IVF - I'm doing 3 rounds of collection, then a transfer. It's been tough but nice to know that I may be able to collect enough that I don't have to go through the process again. So all that to say - I don't see a problem with doing a second round but it's all about what you're up for mentally and physically (not to mention monetarily!).

Hang in there, Bronte!

Bronte -sorry about the drop-off rate BUT great news that 2 made it to day 5. One of my 3 was also not a blast on day 5 but made it on day 6; none my embies looked "excellent". So much so that the dr tried to force me to put back 2. My one "non-perfect" embie did end up sticking. Well, so far at least. I think the doctors give us honest news so as not to get our hopes up too much/unrealistically, but many less than perfect embies do survive and turn into healthy babies. Hugs and GL with your decision as to a possible round two!

Thanks ladies!

I think no matter what happens with our two remaining embabies we are going to cycle again and do a fresh transfer. I'm okay with that. Still keeping my fingers crossed both make it to freeze.

However does anyone know the normal recommendation of how long they want you to wait in between IVF cycles. I've seen a lot of variety so I'm sure it varies by clinic. Our clinic wants two periods in between this cycle and the FET so curious if another full stim cycle will be the same wait.

Bronte - I totally understand how you are feeling. I lost 8/9 embryos in my first ivf.
Our day 5 embryos this time weren't blasts either, so we transferred the 2 morulas and we're given a 30% chance. On day 5 none of the other embryos were close to blast, but yet 2 somehow caught up by day 6.
My point is that those 2 might catch up. The lab told me that sometimes they grow in spurts. They even said they had someone who was in cycle at the same time as me, and her embryos were barely doing anything and then all of a sudden a bunch of them sped up.
It's crazy what nature can do!

My clinic makes us wait 2 full cycles, and then we can start the next cycle on the third period.

Just got my fet instructions, looks like estrace daily for 2 weeks, then transfer and adding in progesterone after

Hi all

Timetotry lovely to hear from you, hope you are ok, glad you have your plan at least that way it feels like things are starting to get closer! Do you have a rough idea when you will start?

Bronte seems like you have a good plan all worked out.

Merry you too glad to hear you feel happy.

ES I was tested in hospital 6dp5dt and they said trigger would be out and I got a pos on a blood test but I couldn't decide if I could see a line on the stick I've squinted at so many I can see things that are not there when I want too 🙄. I missed out poas again as was in hospital but they kindly dipped one a few days ago so I saw a line 😀. I'm not sure on symptoms as I was so poorly.

Ellie now that is some willpower!! Go girl.

Fern nice to hear from you hope you and all the other pregnant ladies are doing ok.

I have had a roller coaster of a few days nearly had to go to theatre yesterday as my drain was stuck to my bowel or ovary and they could t get it out OMG nightmare but a super junior doctor came to the rescue after consultants and surgeons couldn't do it...he was amazing thought outside the box! During all the commotion I lost several litres of fluid so I now feel wonderful!! Also had great news my latest beta jumped from 217 to 486 😀 They are testing again next week and then assuming over 1000 will scan to check all in right place! I'm actually beginning to believe this may actually stick ...hope I haven't jinxed it now!! Fern could I perhaps join you and the ladies on the pregnancy thread too? I can't find it!

Bronte- I did Ivf end of Feb/beginning of March then I had to wait 2 periods, I rang up on the start of my 3rd n starting down regulating that cycle.
Nimbec that's amazing news, I'm so glad your little miracle is holding on strong after the OHSS 💕 you completely deserve to have your baby after all you've been through x
I'm on 3dp5dt today, think the progesterone is still causing my issues with my back end 😳😒 x

Nimbec - that's wonderful news. So glad the beta jumped.

AFM - none of our embryos made it. I'm devestated today.

Timetotry- I was on the same protocol. It worked for me, hoping you'll have the same result :)

Nimbec- glad you're feeling better. Here's the pregnancy thread https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...due-jan-feb-march-2017-a-72.html#post37543616

Bronte- that's is so horrible :( I am so sorry to hear that. What does your doctor say? To go through all of that and end up with nothing is just awful. Big hugs

I haven't seen or heard from my doctor since before we started. He's been on vacation. I'm so upset because as soon as we said we might be doing PGS they put me on meds for that option and took away the ability to do a fresh transfer. I'm mad I didn't speak up. But I've had sub doctors for the retrieval and since then so I didn't ask appropriate questions I guess.

Oh bronte I'm so so sorry hun. I guess there's nothing that will make the news bearable at the moment :( I'm really hoping and praying that a new cycle, possibly with a slightly different protocol, will give you better results. Millions of cyber hugs. Xxx

Nimbec- I'm beyond thrilled for you and can't wait to see you on the pregnancy thread :) thanks Rebecca for posting that link! Btw everyone is welcome there, the "due Jan/Feb/March" is just a guideline so those of you who cycle a bit later and get a bfp PLEASE feel free to join. Xxx so nice for support because we all understand each other's struggles.

Oh Bronte, that's so tough. I'm so sorry :hugs: xxx

Oh Bronte I'm so sorry you must be gutted :( sending you big hugs and yes I agree that you need a good chat with the doctors to see how they let this happen ..surely when they saw them struggling they should have offered a fresh transfer. So sorry.

Thanks everyone. My husband had a good long talk with the embryologist and they are very confident that even if they'd have done a transfer they wouldn't have implanted or I would have miscarried. While there is never a guarantee. In some ways, I do feel like I dodged a bullet for something even worse. The one did make it to blastocyst stage, but it didn't have the inner cells and components to become a baby and the other one given it's such slow increase really likely wouldn't have made it.

I stimmed longer than originally planned, so I'm not sure if that did some of it. But yes, I have an appointment scheduled. It's not until Aug. 23, but now I'm going to see if I can get seen sooner at their other office, even though it's a 2 hour drive. I'd rather get a better game plan in place sooner.

I know CoQ10 can help egg quality. But what else can?

So sorry bronte, sending you lots of hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->