IVF/FET May and June

Thanks hiker still can't believe it!
Those numbers sound good to me �� hope they progress well before your next scan xx

Great line ES! Darker than mine around that time for sure :). Just a reminder that you are very welcome to join our pregnancy thread if you want to xxx

Hiker- your protocol definitely does seem to be making a difference; and as I've posted earlier in response to mdc- we can only do SO MUCH; such a lot is out of our control... so I think it's great that you are taking control of as much as you can. I also stopped using perfume (even scented soap, lotions and shampoo) cut out as many toxic/inflammatory chemicals as possible, loaded up on supplements, followed a super strict eating regime etc before and during ivf and my dr told me I was crazy! But I didn't care; it helped me feel more in control and I like to think it all helped. Will be stalking to see your bfp soon!

Fern, yup no perfume, hairspray, nail polish, etc. for me. All natural shampoos, lotions, cleaning products. No drinking, lots of water and sleep. I only wear makeup if I'm going out somewhere. You are right - only so much we can control, but by taking healthy actions we are at least doing everything we can. I've started meditating too and looking into doing more yoga classes. I really hope this month is it and I can join you guys! :)

Hiker, this is all sounding so promising. I'm really keeping track of this new protocol you are on and really hope this is successful for you!!

Hiker those numbers look wonderful. I looked back at my numbers for day 9 and they based on follie size and e2 level they are pretty close to my day 10. I did a total of 11 days of stims so you are well on your way. Looks like the changes you made are working out awesome!

At my appt my lining only grew to a measly 5.3, but my follie is still at a 15 so we have a couple days. The doc called to discuss next steps come in on Sat for a scan and we could just transfer. I just do not feel right wasting the perfect embryo on anything less than a 6.5. She really just thinks my lining is always thin we discussed a couple options. Do an era (scratch and test for receptivity on the day they would normally transfer) but I think that is grasping at straws. Or, I suggested a fresh IVF cycle and then transfer the frozen one and hopefully get one or two new pgs normal ones for freezing. DH thinks I am officially nutso (and emotionally jumping ahead) bc I want to do another IVF, but in the long haul I think it will be the best. The doc said we could certainly do another round. Maybe I am emotional, but since that is the highest my lining has been I feel it is our best shot. Maybe I am jumping the gun, but it is better than the crying mess that I was driving home because I felt like my body was failing me yet again.

Oh Mdc. I hope it just grows, so you can transfer! Come on lining!

It is a tough call and you want to make the right one. I am kind of with you though if it's proven you need a healthier lining and you got it while on the full IVF cycle and you have funds for it, that might be your best option.

Thanks MDC. Keep in mind those are my numbers after 6 days of stims. So I don't know if I'm just responding more quickly (is that better?) or if that means I'll wind up with more follicles since I'm relatively still kind of early in the cycle. I was called and told to stay on the same meds and go back again Saturday for a recheck.

Side note, this month I've been trying to rotate my meds around my belly button like a clock (for fun...I'm a dork) and tonight I did a shot directly above my navel and it hurt SO bad! Now I'm afraid that I shouldn't have done that because maybe it wasn't going into much fat there? And looking again at my paperwork, it shows the injection sites should be to the side or below the navel. Do you think it will still get absorbed like it should?

MDC, I can understand your wanting to do another cycle to 1) get more embies and 2) try to get a better lining. I am finding through this process that you have to be an advocate for yourself and the doctor is not God. Some folks maybe don't go and research and think things through like us here but you have and so I think it's worth it to question things and have that conversation about the best course of action. Good luck and let us know how it goes Saturday!

Hiker, your numbers sound good. I'm sure the injection will still be absorbed. They don't recommend above because it hurts!

Mdc, you know how I feel. We've all said this, but you are doing exactly the right thing by using a combination of listening to doctors and using your own knowledge. What does your acupuncturist think? Sometimes complementary practitioners think a bit more outside the box and can offer a different idea.

This topic of patient involvement in IVF is a huge one for me... Sorry if this gets rambly, I'll put it behind a spoiler...

Many of us have been at this game for a while and, with the Internet and female empowerment, we are all pretty knowledgeable about how it works. It is also our bodies we are dealing with. That said, we are not medics and every body reacts differently, even one body can react differently given the same stimulus twice. Doctors know what science and experience have taught them while we know what feels right and what we can tolerate, emotionally. A healthy mix of the 2 is always best.

If I'd listened to the first expert I saw, back in December, I'd still be trying naturally. Or, I'd have moved over to IVF but without knowledge of my issues. IVF would have failed because they not have found out about, or treated, my endometritis or my natural killer cells. My lining was all wrong and I needed to go through:

See Mr Akande --> try clomid --> get polyp --> have it removed by him --> his experimental biopsy --> he find out my issues and treat them.

I'm quite a firm believer in Higher Power, but I've always argued that my HP works by giving me the power to make changes. The Serenity Prayer hopes I can accept what I cannot change because fretting about things you can do nothing about only creates stress. It also encourages me to change the things I can. This is vital for me... If I can do something about a situation, I will do it. I'd rather regret action than inaction and retrospective "I wish I'd done this, I wish I'd tried that" is something I never want to think. Wisdom to know the difference is just a nice way of tying it together because things feel more comfortable in 3s.

For those of you wondering... Yes, I've spent time in a 12 Step program! I'm still sober, but I tend to apply the things I learnt to other areas of my life and don't participate in meetings so much now.

Fern what's the name of your pregnancy thread? X

ES, here's the link:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...nception-ladies-due-jan-feb-march-2017-a.html

Thanks for sharing your opinion Ellie, it's based on such a powerful life lesson (I have a similar background). Focusing on the positive and not losing all hope to desperation is difficult but it IS a choice and it IS possible! X
Oh and thanks for sharing the link - everyone welcome, see you there soon I hope ES X

Mdc I totally agree you have to do what makes you feel content, docs don't always agree! I didn't follow anything strict this time apart from the no caffeine (apart from a tiny bit of chocolate 😳) lots of avacado and tried to get enough sleep. Fingers crossed for you!

Hiker those numbers look great! Don't worry about the injection it can be anywhere soft tissue so stomach, thigh, arm - it just hurts less where their is more padding (I used to be a nurse) it won't make a difference you went above so please don't worry.

Thanks Nimbec, that makes me feel better. You said something about no caffeine. My doc said no alcohol, but a cup of coffee a day is ok. Is that not so? And today will be my 8th day of stims - maybe too late to make any changes? Or are you talking about once the embryos are transferred stay away from the coffee?

Hi hiker I'm pretty sure it was after transfer but as I don't drink tea/coffee anyway I did it all the way through - I'm pretty sure it's important after transfer but I'm sure 1 cup a day even then is probably ok! I think the most important thing is to try and remain calm and not alter your lifestyle too much just subtle changes if you want too. Oooh day 8 not long left now fx!!!!

Mdc, your lining seems promising I really hope it grows nice and thick for you.

Mdc, how did it go today? Did you decide to transfer?

My scan today (CD12 and 8 days stimming so far) shows E2 of 1477 and follicles of 19, 19, 14, 13, 13 and 11. They want me to continue on same meds and go back Monday. Possible retrieval Wednesday.

Does anyone know if E2 is any predictor of anything...success or quality or...?

Mdc any news?

Hiker those follie sizes are great all a similar size which means they should all mature together! The e2 amongst other things which I'm not too clued up on is a marker for potential ohss if it gets too high they won't transfer etc yours looks just perfect :) Wednesday will be here before you know it!

Sorry about being MIA this weekend. Well it was a whirlwind I got up to a 6.3 on Sat and then got excited because I decided to transfer, since I did not have a positive opk that day I came in on Sunday. Then...doc did the ultrasound and found some skinnier patches and suggested to cancel again. Man this has been rough. I was so excited on Thursday then to be gutted on Sunday sucked big time. The nail in the coffin, bc I still was 50/50 on just saying screw it and transfer was that my progesterone yesterday was low so the transfer would have to happen on Sunday. I have my nieces bday party and then a cannot miss client meeting (both in LA), so I think it was the universe saying it is not the right time. I could have cancelled everything, but I felt the signs were just saying wait. Back to the initial plan of fresh IVF oop and then transfer the frozen embie so hope for a sticky one and at least one more eggie. Alas...going to be around for a while longer.

Aww mdc that stinks! Sorry that happened :(
what does the doctor want to do next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"