IVF - For those in January?? (Nov. is long gone!)

Wanna_b_a_mom

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

After 2 yrs of trying - had a lap, d&c, and a hysteroscopy - 3 unsuccessful iui's, hubby & I have decided to attempt ivf in November.

Anyone joining me? I'm very nervous but keeping a hopeful attitude.

Someone come join me :hugs:

I just met with my RE yesterday after yet another failed IUI and decided to move on to IVF too. I'm in the same place you are - nervous and hopeful all at once :hugs:

We aren't trying til January when the next insurance year starts but I will be cheering you on in the meantime :hugs:

Maybe me!! We didn't think it was an option financially so I was shocked when my mom called with good news on Monday!! I have met with the doctor and know everything it entails. I've done it twice so I know what to expect but this is with a new clinic and everything is done out of state. Also, they use full sedation which I am deathly afraid of. Long story... So we may be rolling by then!! :)

hello

Me too I think I'm waiting for my appointment with FS for IVF, should be in the next couple of weeks apparently, but hopefully doing it in November, defo before christmas anyway so will hopefully be joining you. :happydance: Im doing another IUI in the meantime.

Im nervous too but excited, i feel like I'm finally going to get results, i know, way too much optimisium, also nervous because if it doesnt work, what then? thats the scary bit but trying not to think of this.

Sounds like you have been through so much already, :hugs:

Mrs C P, it's been a long teary journey. We were going to start it this month, but financially, next month was best. I hope your iui works :). I know the emotional journey I went through when my 3rd was positive for a few days & then lost it :(

I'm going to be super positive and hope others will travel this journey with me :)

Hi :flower:

It looks like I may be joining you around that time. OH and I saw the FS last week and he recommended we should go straight to IVF. We've been ttc for just over a year and have a range of issues between us that essentially mean that our combined chance of conceiving naturally is pretty low.

I have to have another scan in October so the consultant can take a look at one of my ovaries (picture wasn't very clear last time) and they also want to do a dry run of a catheter insertion through the cervix as I had treatment for abnormal cells a few years back, which can cause issues apparently. Assuming that all goes well, I believe the plan is to kick everything off at the start of the next cycle, which would be late Oct/early Nov.

I feel really odd about it all - it almost feels like we haven't been trying long enough to move on to this stage already, but I guess we can't argue with the facts. And I'll be 36 very soon (on Weds in fact) so I don't really have the luxury of time. Just got a month to get my head around it...

Gosh that was a little bit more waffley than I intended! :dohh: What I mean to say was - me too, can I join? :)

Absolutely :). I'm excited yet so nervous. So we can definitely comfort one another!

I have my consult appointment this Thursday, so I'm thinking actual transfer will not be until November. Looks like I'm joining you! Nervous over here.

Ttcfurrever, I am just as nervous!! We'll be going for our consultation next week. I have already spoken to my fs last week.

Glad I have many joining me!!

Wanna_b

My appointment is tomorrow evening. I was told my doc speaks english so hopefully everything goes well. I want to hurry up and get to the meds part so I can feel like we're doing something!

Let us know how it went & what info you got :)

Just noticed you are in Spain? Living there?

Hello ladies

Iv'e got my appointment through - 5 October. The week after that, AF will be due so hopefully we get everything ready in time. Im having my IUI tomorrow so will do the bloods - HEP B+C and HIV at the same time so that the results are back in time for next cycle. Im so impatient but once you decide, and gather all the money, you just want to get on with it don't you?

ttcfurrever - good luck at your appointment today, looking forward to hearing when they will start

Wanna b a mom, what day next week do you have yours?

sophiebee - I'm 36 now, welcome and Happy birthday!!

PCOSmontoone, how are you? is the BCP treating you nicely? i've forgotten what its like but i'll sure find out if they put me on BCP too.

PCOSmontoone, how are you? is the BCP treating you nicely? i've forgotten what its like but i'll sure find out if they put me on BCP too.

Ya, I have been on birth control pills for a total of 3 times (roughly 3-4 months) since January. Every time I forgot how truly bad the side effects are. My last pill is 10/10 and then comes the Lupron :dohh:

I first started taking my BCP before bed, but it gives me horrible nausea, dizziness and insomnia. It would wake me up an hour after I fell asleep. Yesterday I decided to take it at 4pm and my night went better. Honestly, I'd rather be sick during the day then when I am trying to sleep.

I never realized in a million years that a FET cycle was so complex. I wish my doctor believed in the natural approach. :wacko:

:hi: girls,

well the way its looking i wont be getting a move on in my cycle untill november as
weve had a lot of hiccups along the way,

bit about me..

we had our first initial consultation on the 10th of june and at that appointment they found an ovarian cyst and i had to wait for an appointment at our nhs hospital to send us an appointment for a follow up scan before we got referred back to our clinic,

we then had our blood test and results come back fine other then i had low immunity for rubella and i had to wait again for paper work to get the rubella jab, now were waiting for Dhs paperwork that his doctors are messing us about with to move on to the next step which is a 3 in 1 appointment for DHs sperm test, councilling session (were egg sharing) and a nurses appointment,

hope you dont mind me waffling :haha:

hope everyones ok!!
xx

Let us know how it went & what info you got :)

Just noticed you are in Spain? Living there?

Wanna_b, yes we are living here for my hubby's job for the next few years. When is your appointment?

Mrs C P, glad you were able to get a quick appointment. Fingers crossed for you that everything will be done.

PCOSMom, sorry to hear about the sickness with the BCPs, I hope taking it earlier continues to help :hugs:

Princess, wow...what a rollercoaster of a ride! I hope everything gets sorted out fast.

AFM- had a bit of a wait at the clinic which just fed my anxiety even further. However, once we went back to see the doctor everything went smoothly. I will be doing the short antagonist protocol starting in about 2 weeks :happydance:. She did a scan and I practically have enough follies to pull right now! Ahhhhh, the joys of pcos. So, since she's worried about OHSS I'll be doing the antagonist protocol:thumbup:. We'll be transferring 2 eggs on day three (as long as they are looking good). If not, we will see how things look on day 5. DH and I have some labwork to complete and bring back to the clinic as well as some forms to sign. Besides that I just have to email or call her when my cycle starts and we're good to go!

Meds ordered:
Gonal 1050
ovitrelle 250/0.5ML (might not be needed)
Cetrotide 0.25 x2 (or) Orgalutran 0.25 x2
Estradial 100 patch
Progesterone 200mg pills
Prenatal + folic acid pills (already taking)

Oh, they do everything so late here! My appointment was at 8pm and I was not the last patient :shrug:

wow ttcfurrever cant believe youve ordered you meds already, are you nervous about injecting??

my sister lives in spain, seems like they do everything late there so it doesnt suprise me :haha:

xx

wow ttcfurrever cant believe youve ordered you meds already, are you nervous about injecting??

my sister lives in spain, seems like they do everything late there so it doesnt suprise me :haha:

xx

Princess- Oh, no I haven't ordered them. I meant that's what the doctor prescribed/ordered for me. I guess that was confusing huh :dohh:. I have to go to the local pharmacy to get the medications. We'll probably do that on Monday. I *think* I feel alright about injecting (I'm a nurse), of course it's probably a whole different story having to inject yourself. I doubt my husband would be able to do it though, he hates needles.

How is everyone doing today? Any updates? Princess, any news on your paperwork?

had a phone call of clinic today - was expecting it to be about the paperwork but it was just my doctor calling for a chat, i got my hopes up and everything :haha:

i *think* DH is gunna do my injections for me when we get to that point cuz i hate needles with a passion :dohh:

xx

Hi ladies,

After 2 yrs of trying - had a lap, d&c, and a hysteroscopy - 3 unsuccessful iui's, hubby & I have decided to attempt ivf in November.

Anyone joining me? I'm very nervous but keeping a hopeful attitude.

Someone come join me :hugs:

Hey dear, my husband and I have been trying for 2 years as well and we have gone through multiple cycles of Clomid & Femera as well as 3 failed IUI's. We are in the beginning stages of our first IVF right now with egg retrieval scheduled at the end of October. I am so nervous and scared praying that it will give us our miracle! I'm sending baby dust your way! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->