IVF - For those in January?? (Nov. is long gone!)

Wow, nice to see we are all going to be close enough to support one another. W
Hubby & I haven't picked a day next week to meet FS for consultation. It's costing us $400 that isn't covered :(. But I don't care!!!

In the last two days, I had 2 friends tell me they are prego. :(. I'm happy for them yet it makes me so sad!

Anyone have their consultation yet??

Wow, nice to see we are all going to be close enough to support one another. W
Hubby & I haven't picked a day next week to meet FS for consultation. It's costing us $400 that isn't covered :(. But I don't care!!!

In the last two days, I had 2 friends tell me they are prego. :(. I'm happy for them yet it makes me so sad!

Anyone have their consultation yet??

I had my consultation in August but that was because we were supposed to start our cycle at that time. Then we found out my insurance wouldn't cover the cycle until I tried one more IUI with injectable meds. So we did that and it didn't work :cry: so now my insurance approved my cycle this time! :happydance: Normally, you have your consult a few weeks before you start the cycle. That's insane that it's costing you $400! Do you have any insurance coverage at all? Sending you :hugs: love!

Hello all - really exciting to see so many of us will be going through this around the same sort of time :thumbup:

(And thanks for the birthday wishes Mrs C P, fellow 36-er :flower:)

Nothing has changed for me - we had our consultation a couple of weeks ago and the FS wrote up the prescriptions to start us off then, but I have to have this extra scan and the "dry run" catheter insertion, which is all scheduled for 18th October. If that goes to plan then I'll be starting the meds around the end of the month.

PetLuvR86 .... Although I do have insurance which covers all my meds, the consultation portion isn't covered. Not sure why this clinic charges for a consultation. I want to have our consultation this week so I can understanding it all & get all the blood tests done again.

Hubby is hoping I get preggo this month so we don't have to spend all that money for ivf.

I no my fs said that I'll need to start bc on day 5 ... Is that what u all will be doing as well?

Wanna_b- That's really terrible that they charge for the consult! Ours was free...I mean if you go through with it they get THOUSANDS of dollars, so I really don't see why they charge for the consult too. I won't be on bcp, just will start stimming with Gonal F.

Sophie-Hi! Have you ordered your meds already? We have to get them from the Spanish pharmacy. I wish I could shop around online to get a good deal.

PetLuvr- Sorry to hear your IUI didn't work. IVF WILL WORK for all of us ( I just keep telling myslef that). It sounds like we will be doing things around the same time. I expect ER/ET to be around the end of the month.

Princess- that would have driven me crazy:haha: Doesn't your DR know that you are wating to hear about your paperwork? It was very nice of he/she to call though. That's what I call personalized care :thumbup:. It's true, they do everything late here in Spain. I think the siesta pushes the whole day back , or is it forward? :wacko:.

PCOSmom and Mrs C P- How are you all doing?

*Sorry if I missed anyone

AFM- we went and had all of our bloodwork done. The lab tech seemed a little confused on which tests I needed so he went and got his supervisor. She said "Oh, she just needs prenatal labs". I was :blush: and :happydance:, LOL. I sent an email to my FS to see if there is a specific farmacia they usually work with to get the meds, or if I can walk into any and pick them up. I was able to get the progesterone, estrogen, and prenatal vitamins from my OB. She (FS) said I would ovulate today or tomorrow (showed me the mature follicle on the scan). Now I guess we just wait :coffee:

PetLuvR86 .... Although I do have insurance which covers all my meds, the consultation portion isn't covered. Not sure why this clinic charges for a consultation. I want to have our consultation this week so I can understanding it all & get all the blood tests done again.

Hubby is hoping I get preggo this month so we don't have to spend all that money for ivf.

I no my fs said that I'll need to start bc on day 5 ... Is that what u all will be doing as well?

That's great that you have insurance! That is ridiculous that they are charging you for a consult though! We just had to pay our insurance's co-pay for the consult that we had. Hoping you get preggo this month too dear!!! :dust:

Wanna_b- That's really terrible that they charge for the consult! Ours was free...I mean if you go through with it they get THOUSANDS of dollars, so I really don't see why they charge for the consult too. I won't be on bcp, just will start stimming with Gonal F.

Sophie-Hi! Have you ordered your meds already? We have to get them from the Spanish pharmacy. I wish I could shop around online to get a good deal.

PetLuvr- Sorry to hear your IUI didn't work. IVF WILL WORK for all of us ( I just keep telling myslef that). It sounds like we will be doing things around the same time. I expect ER/ET to be around the end of the month.

Princess- that would have driven me crazy:haha: Doesn't your DR know that you are wating to hear about your paperwork? It was very nice of he/she to call though. That's what I call personalized care :thumbup:. It's true, they do everything late here in Spain. I think the siesta pushes the whole day back , or is it forward? :wacko:.

PCOSmom and Mrs C P- How are you all doing?

*Sorry if I missed anyone

AFM- we went and had all of our bloodwork done. The lab tech seemed a little confused on which tests I needed so he went and got his supervisor. She said "Oh, she just needs prenatal labs". I was :blush: and :happydance:, LOL. I sent an email to my FS to see if there is a specific farmacia they usually work with to get the meds, or if I can walk into any and pick them up. I was able to get the progesterone, estrogen, and prenatal vitamins from my OB. She (FS) said I would ovulate today or tomorrow (showed me the mature follicle on the scan). Now I guess we just wait :coffee:

The IVF better work! haha I am not going to give up to have this :crib: so i am doing whatever it takes!! We can do it ladies!!! :hugs:

PCOSmontoone, how are you? is the BCP treating you nicely? i've forgotten what its like but i'll sure find out if they put me on BCP too.

Ya, I have been on birth control pills for a total of 3 times (roughly 3-4 months) since January. Every time I forgot how truly bad the side effects are. My last pill is 10/10 and then comes the Lupron :dohh:

I first started taking my BCP before bed, but it gives me horrible nausea, dizziness and insomnia. It would wake me up an hour after I fell asleep. Yesterday I decided to take it at 4pm and my night went better. Honestly, I'd rather be sick during the day then when I am trying to sleep.

I never realized in a million years that a FET cycle was so complex. I wish my doctor believed in the natural approach. :wacko:

Hey dear, I see that you have PCOS which I do as well. Have your doctors told you anything about PCOS and the possibility of miscarriages? I am having IVF with my egg retrieval scheduled at the end of this month and I am scared that I will have a miscarriage :cry:

ttcfurever - haven't ordered meds yet, but the FS wrote the prescriptions and the clinic is holding on to them so that we'll get them as soon as we get the go ahead, which should (hopefully) be after this second scan. Feeling kind of impatient to get started, but at least I'm in the system - I know it can take ages for some people to get to where I am.

Are the meds very expensive in Spain? We've got this cycle funded by the NHS, but we're on our own if we need more than one - hoping hoping hoping that we just need the one shot!

Just did my labs so we are officially getting started!! I assume they will start me on provera since I haven't cycled since my failed IUI in August. Then I will go on BCP's during which time I will have a sonohysterogram (sp?). We also need to take an IVF class since we are new to this clinic. Then I will need to order my meds which I think will be well over a thousand!!!! EEK!!!! So step 1 down! :)

PCOSmontoone, how are you? is the BCP treating you nicely? i've forgotten what its like but i'll sure find out if they put me on BCP too.

Ya, I have been on birth control pills for a total of 3 times (roughly 3-4 months) since January. Every time I forgot how truly bad the side effects are. My last pill is 10/10 and then comes the Lupron :dohh:

I first started taking my BCP before bed, but it gives me horrible nausea, dizziness and insomnia. It would wake me up an hour after I fell asleep. Yesterday I decided to take it at 4pm and my night went better. Honestly, I'd rather be sick during the day then when I am trying to sleep.

I never realized in a million years that a FET cycle was so complex. I wish my doctor believed in the natural approach. :wacko:

Hey dear, I see that you have PCOS which I do as well. Have your doctors told you anything about PCOS and the possibility of miscarriages? I am having IVF with my egg retrieval scheduled at the end of this month and I am scared that I will have a miscarriage :cry:

I was told by my new RE that miscarriage with PCOS is quite common. I did lose one baby after IVF but I think it was more of a progesterone failure than anything. They will argue it though....

I was told by my new RE that miscarriage with PCOS is quite common. I did lose one baby after IVF but I think it was more of a progesterone failure than anything. They will argue it though....

oh my gosh that is horrible...i am so sorry! :cry:

It was to get that far and then to lose it! :nope:

ttcfurever - haven't ordered meds yet, but the FS wrote the prescriptions and the clinic is holding on to them so that we'll get them as soon as we get the go ahead, which should (hopefully) be after this second scan. Feeling kind of impatient to get started, but at least I'm in the system - I know it can take ages for some people to get to where I am.

Are the meds very expensive in Spain? We've got this cycle funded by the NHS, but we're on our own if we need more than one - hoping hoping hoping that we just need the one shot!

Yes, the meds are expensive. Unfortunately I won't find out just how much until we go to the farmacia on Friday :wacko:. I wanted to go earlier in the week, but things have been hectic. I have to pay out of pocket and then see what I can get reimbursed from my insurance company. And, they won't say exactly what's reimbursable :shrug:.

ILUVBABIES, congrats on getting started :happydance:

It was to get that far and then to lose it! :nope:

I bet, I am so sorry :cry: just keep thinking positive!!! :dust:

Yes, the meds are expensive. Unfortunately I won't find out just how much until we go to the farmacia on Friday :wacko:. I wanted to go earlier in the week, but things have been hectic. I have to pay out of pocket and then see what I can get reimbursed from my insurance company. And, they won't say exactly what's reimbursable :shrug:.

Thank you! My mom just informed me today how nice it would be to get a new car and not do this. UG! Why does she always do this?!?!

Thank you! My mom just informed me today how nice it would be to get a new car and not do this. UG! Why does she always do this?!?!

Wow, a new car instead. I dont' even know what to say, I can't imagine wanting anything more than I want a baby :nope:

How is everyone doing today?

We went to the Pharmacy on Friday...it was closed due to a national holiday :haha:. Then we went back on Saturday, it was closed again:haha::haha:. Going to give it another try this evening, they are supposed to be open from 5p-8:30p :shrug:

Sorry I went missing there for a bit!

I had an early miscarriage in March ... it was after an IUI. I was on Progesterone and everything. They told me that miscarriages are just an unfortunate part of life and tend to be common.

Anyhow, I have an appt on Wednesday for an ultrasound and bloodwork. I'm doing a frozen transfer this month so I am on day 5 of Lupron and I am taking my last birth control pill today!!! :happydance:

I should know wednesday if the transfer will still be Nov 1st!!!!

Sorry I went missing there for a bit!

I had an early miscarriage in March ... it was after an IUI. I was on Progesterone and everything. They told me that miscarriages are just an unfortunate part of life and tend to be common.

Anyhow, I have an appt on Wednesday for an ultrasound and bloodwork. I'm doing a frozen transfer this month so I am on day 5 of Lupron and I am taking my last birth control pill today!!! :happydance:

I should know wednesday if the transfer will still be Nov 1st!!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your mc :sad2: That is just awful. I have done IUI 3 times and it didn't work at all. Now they have me on my first IVF cycle and I am praying that it works this time! I think my eggs have a Kevlar bullet proof coating on them or something because having IUI 3 times and no luck is just weird... Let us know how your ultrasound appointment goes!!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->