• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF - For those in January?? (Nov. is long gone!)

Hi everyone!

can I join you? I just started IVF process last week and going for my CD7 scan tomorrow. Im on 300 gonal f and 75 repronex/menopur. I was wondering if you could share with me your dosages and how many follicles your scans showed? not sure what to expect tomorrow.

GOOD LUCK and :dust: to all the PUPO ladies on this thread!

welcome sarah :)

I am already done with my retrieval and transfer. I don't remember what I had at CD 7 but by CD 11 (when I finished stimming) I had 22 follicles and ended out with 16 mature eggs. It doesn't matter so much the quantity...it is much more about the quality. I was on menopur and folistim (am and pm) and also taking lupron.

HI Sarah! Welcome, I am going in for egg retretival wednesday. I was on gonal 225 for a few days then 150 with menopur 150 (Lupron 20 then down to 5).....I did gonal and menopur 4-8pm and lupron at 9pm..... I have 16-18 follicles (I have been told both) so hopefully I get some nice eggies on wednesday to fertilize!

Sunshine: WOW! 22 folicles!! 16 mature eggs! Thats amazing!! I hope at least 12 of mine are mature :)

Thanks MoBaby :) I was really happy with my numbers...now I just hope that these two embies inside me are settling on in.

And I just got some GREAT news today! Two of my embryos made it to blasts! So now I have two frosties! SO EXCITED! Thank God for all his little miracles.

Hi ladies, I had my ivf consultation & endometrial biopsy. Felt I spent $400 on the consultation for nothing. Not much was discussed except for stories of others who went thru it :(. FS has me taking Co Q10 and DHEA until day 1 of period. Then the heavy duty drugs come in. He indicated that ivf with icsi costs $7800. Meds are about $4000. I was told my insurance should cover most meds. Anyone else on or had to use CoQ10 & DHEA???

I am already done with my retrieval and transfer. I don't remember what I had at CD 7 but by CD 11 (when I finished stimming) I had 22 follicles and ended out with 16 mature eggs. It doesn't matter so much the quantity...it is much more about the quality. I was on menopur and folistim (am and pm) and also taking lupron.

Thank you for the welcome!
what dose of menopur and folistim were you on?
so how many did you have transfered? did you freeze any? Im hoping to have some to freeze as Im 39 and trying for my first and so would love to freeze embryos to use later.
wishing you lots of luck, I hope this is your month [-o<[-o<[-o<

editing to say I just saw your update....thats great news to have 2 frosties! hope that means your eggs in general were really strong and so you will get your bfp soon.

HI Sarah! Welcome, I am going in for egg retretival wednesday. I was on gonal 225 for a few days then 150 with menopur 150 (Lupron 20 then down to 5).....I did gonal and menopur 4-8pm and lupron at 9pm..... I have 16-18 follicles (I have been told both) so hopefully I get some nice eggies on wednesday to fertilize!

thank you for the welcome!
wow thats great! good luck for wednesday :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi ladies, I had my ivf consultation & endometrial biopsy. Felt I spent $400 on the consultation for nothing. Not much was discussed except for stories of others who went thru it :(. FS has me taking Co Q10 and DHEA until day 1 of period. Then the heavy duty drugs come in. He indicated that ivf with icsi costs $7800. Meds are about $4000. I was told my insurance should cover most meds. Anyone else on or had to use CoQ10 & DHEA???

hey just noticed you are in ontario, not sure if we have spoken before but where is your clinic? Im at Mount Sinai in Toronto :thumbup:

I am taking CoQ10, not on my doctors instructions but Id read an article saying it can help older eggs (Im 39). I started about a month ago and so I hope its helped.

I am paying $7200 for IVF with ICSI and expect to pay $3000-4000 in medications so about the same as your quote.

Thank you for the welcome!
what dose of menopur and folistim were you on?
so how many did you have transfered? did you freeze any? Im hoping to have some to freeze as Im 39 and trying for my first and so would love to freeze embryos to use later.
wishing you lots of luck, I hope this is your month [-o<[-o<[-o<

editing to say I just saw your update....thats great news to have 2 frosties! hope that means your eggs in general were really strong and so you will get your bfp soon.

Hey girlie...here are the answers to your questions:
I was on 75 menopur with 75 folistim in the morning and then 75 menopur with 150 folistim in the evening. I stayed on those dosages until after day 10 of stims when my doctor made a small change to just 75 folistim in the evening.
Two days after retrieval they told me I had four embies that were "textbook" and that if they stayed that way I would do a day 5 transfer. WEll the morning of day three they told me that two of the embryos were progressing better than the other two so they decided to do a day three transfer with two 8 cell grade 2 embryos (Grade 1 being best and Grade 5 being the worst). I wasn't sure if my other two were going to make it to day 5 (my clinic only freezes blasts that are high grade at day 5) but I found out yesterday that I got two frosties! I was SO excited by that news as I thought those two probably wouldn't make it.

I do hope since the other two made it to be frosties it means that the original two are sticking around. Trying not to get my hopes too high but it's hard not to sometimes :)

Good luck to you...do you have a date set yet for ER?

Fingers crossed that this is a lucky thread!

Morning Everyone!! (well morning for me) How is everybody feeling???
Welcome Sarah :hugs:

Wannabe - I remember walking out of our consultation (450 bucks) feeling clueless ... my husband called them later that afternoon and told them how we felt and they got us an appointment with a nurse the next day and she went over everything step by step for us - should have happened that way in the first appointment...

I had the weirdest dreams last night... I dreamed that I was a surrogate mother for puppies.... it was disturbing. No more grilled cheese before bed!

:dust: & positive thoughts to all!

My hubby talked me into testing early today. I am so bummed ... wish I didn't now!

4dp5dt :bfn: :nope:

hi everyone! had my CD7 ultrasound today (first one) and I have 17 follicles....sizes range from 1.0 - 1.5. they said that was excellent and they actually have lowered my gonal f to 250 as my E2 was 3760. Going back on thursday, ER will probably be this weekend. Hope do those numbers compare to you all? I know they want quality over quantity so I hope they are ok :shrug: plus I hope I dont overstimulate. Its all so nervewracking!!

PCOSMomToOne :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: a girl on my thread in the over 35 folder didnt get a bfp till around 10 days past 3 day transfer, had bfns before that. I know on here a lot of people seem to get bfps early but I dont think thats the norm. sending you lots of :dust:

JamerC77 thank you for the welcome!!

Your number of follies looks great and your doc was right to decrease your meds to make sure you don't overstimulate. Just make sure you drink loads of water and eat lots of protein :) Good luck...it sounds like you are having a great cycle so far!

sarah: I am going tomorrow for ER! I have somewhere between 16-18 ( I had 17 one scan, 18 a couple, then 16 another so somewhere in there lol)! My lower abdomen is soooo tender I cant wait to get my follicles/eggies out! I lowered my gonal f from 225 to 150 and added menopur 150 on day 6 I think and continued those with my last dose being Sunday.... your scan sounds good!

PCOSmom: Its way to early!! Don't be discouraged :)

I am kinda nervous-- How many eggs will I have? Will they be good quality? Will they fertilize? Will they take? Very anxious.... I can't wait to get through this TWW! It will be the hardest ever! I have to try to stay optimistic and know that God is in control and thats all I can do :)

PCOSMom-Way too early hon!! I don't show plus until 11-12 days past O.

hey just noticed you are in ontario, not sure if we have spoken before but where is your clinic? Im at Mount Sinai in Toronto :thumbup:

I am taking CoQ10, not on my doctors instructions but Id read an article saying it can help older eggs (Im 39). I started about a month ago and so I hope its helped.

I am paying $7200 for IVF with ICSI and expect to pay $3000-4000 in medications so about the same as your quote.

Hey sarahincanada .... I'm in Toronto at Toronto west fertility. What about u? I'm 37 which is probably why I was given the CoQ10. But I'm also on DHEA tablets - 3/day. I'm almost finished my bcp :). Why do the ivf processes vary so much in price???

Wow, so many posts!

Welcome to the new ladies!

PcosMom- I don't feel anything either 4dp3dt :shrug:. And, its way to early for BFP PCOSmom. Give it a few days hon, I'm sure you'll get it :hugs: :dust:

Jamer- that dream is so funny :rofl:. How are you feeling otherwise? :dust:

Sunshine- I hope your 2ww is going well :dust:
ILuvbabies- you must be so excited to start!

Mobaby- those are great numbers! I hope you have a smooth retrieval, then rest up!

Wanna_b- I've heard that COq10 is great for egg quality, I'm not sure about the DHEA though.

Sorry if I missed anyone. I'm here lurking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->