IVF guidelines for weight

floofymad

Mummy to munchkini
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone help with this?
My weight is fine, but DH's isn't.... is this a problem?....
Will they give you funding if he is overweight but you're fine?

Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Hi

My husband is big built/over weight and during the IVF process they have never weighed him or mentioned his weight ever. Although since starting the IVF he has lost about a stone this is due partly cutting back on alcohol. We have 3 trys of funding x

Good luck

Hi,

On our first appointment with the FS, before we even got to see anybody they took both my husband and myself through and weighed and measured both of us.
He is a litle overweight but under the 30 BMI and im over the BMI but not too much just 32 BMI. His weight has never been mentioned.
I am now frantically trying to lose another 10lb before the end of November so that fingers crossed we can start IVF in January

xx

No the weight issue is for females - they say if you are overweight it increases the risk of m/c and complications surrounding the IVF drugs, aneasthetic and also problems with EC (reaching the ovaries as the fat can push them higher up).

High BMI in males can cause sperm issues but if his count and all the other tests on him are fine i can't see it being a problem at all as you are the patient, not him. Good luck x

Thank you everyone. He's getting his spermies tested again properly next week. He had one done before and he was just in the ok range. So I guess if he's in the ok range again, then they can't have a problem with his weight?... x

Good luck to everyone x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->