IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Nope!!

I'll be honest I didn't really think much of dr reddy vm it if she gets me a bfp I'll love her forever!!!

That's a shame, although doesn't matter as long as you get your bfp! Maybe she'll give it to you at the next appt when you get your schedule? If you know if you can do it through this site I could always send you my long protocol timeline, as it might be the same for you x

Yeah that would be good thank you! I think she's leaving my schedule up to the nurse said to call on day two and the nurse will sort the next appt x

Day 1 I mean!

What will you guys do about drinking over Xmas? Think I'm not gonna drink from now but it's a shame as I have lots of parties :(

I'm on the long protocol - they did give me a standard schedule sheet which was pretty much:-
- call in on day 1 to arrange appt with nurse to show how use drugs etc
- day 21 start sniffers for 2 weeks
- then go for scan
- start injections, with scan at day 9 to review how going
- collection day 12 / 15

Good that they are going to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't get over stimulated. I don't think this will be a prob for me - it will be a case of trying to get as much stimulation as possible, to give us something to work with!

Re xmas drinking, i haven't been drinking much for quite a while now. I think I'll have the odd one or two but generally take it very easy. We've been having some Beck blue at home, and actually tastes the same as the real thing!!

k x

Thanks for the breakdown, so day one starts again when you start sniffing?

Very exciting!!!!!

Hello Key & Kazza,

I've attached my timeline (at last - I usually only check this forum from my phone which is why I couldn't see how to do this). It's exactly as Key describes, but thought you might want to see a copy Kazza. let me know if it works.

I'm finding it really hard to cut down on alcohol, as it seems to be everyone's birthdays at the moment. The doctor didn't mention me cutting down, just my husband & he said it would be best to cut down but in fact he didn't think there was much link to lifestyle in our case.

but in the lecture they said to reduce it to 5 units a week for the woman. I read on an alcohol site that a white wine spritzer is only 1 unit, as wine is less units when watered down. so if I have 5 large white wine spritzers (using a bottle of wine which would normally be 9 units without soda) that should be 5 units. is this just delusional? because it seems quite a lot to drink for just 5 units. let me know what you think.

I have quite a few things coming up and i'm really sad to not be drinking much, and also I hate having to find excuses when my friends ask. What do you guys usually say? I can't have any more 'antibiotics for tooth infections' or they'll start avoiding me!

S x

Attachments

• timeline.pdf
    328.7 KB · Views: 22
I'm on my phone too I will look in about half hour thank you do much I will print it out!!

I'm feeling the same! But it's for a good cause do will cut down, I'm not sure if it waters the units down it seems like alot! I'll have a look this afternoon when work gets quieter. To be honest Im open about it so I don't have that problem hun, I used to say cutting it out because I'm on a diet! Or on antibiotics or Im bust tomorrow so can't have a hang over!!!

The dr didn't mention alcohol to me either just figured its an idea to cut it as I read it does impair fertility although that's prob only relevant in large quantities!

Key - Sorry to hear the baseline scan results weren't very good but will keep my fingerscrossed for you that they just had problems seeing properly and all comes back ok with the AMH results x

Kazza -

Glad your appointment went well and hopefully it will be wonderful news for you very soon.
A Hycosy is simular to a HSG if you had one of those? They do an ultrasound and it checks if your tubes are blocked. They place a small tube through the cervix and into the uterus and put a saline salution in to check it flows through the tubes ok. To be honest i'm dreading it and can't wait to get it over and done with.
x

We had all our investigations at princess royal but what's a hcosy ?[/QUOTE]

Serena - Thank you, I'm hoping I can get booked in this next cycle because I can't bare the thought of having to wait another one as I'm already scared enough about the scan. How did you find it? were you given a painkiller and antibiotics to take?
When will you be starting IVF/ICSI? x

Did any of you ladies try IUI before moving on to IVF?

Hi tinker bell!

Thank you for explaining that! Good luck for that, wish I could have had that I'll never no if mine are blocked. We never did iui first because my oh had a low sperm count of 5million do it wouldnt have worked. We were referred for icsi but I think they are waiting to see what Daniels results are now before they decide his last sa was aug and he has given up smoking since!!

Good luck with the hcosy tinkerbell xxx

Hi Tinkerbell,

don't worry about the scan, I'm sure it'll be fine. It's not that bad, just uncomfortable & I was achey afterwards for a few days but I took painkillers so nott too bad. Def not as bad as a laparoscopy- have you had one of those ?I wasn't on antibiotics, just a mixture of paracetamol & ibuprofen I think.

I hope you get onto treatment soon, the waiting around is tough.

We didn't get recommended for IUI either as my husband has low motility sperm so wouldn't have worked. We're having ICSI. I was relieved though as my friend had had 2 rounds of IUI & she said she really didn't like it, & she got pregnant with ICSI first time & said it was much better. Obviously that's just one opinion though & others might feel completely differently.
Sx

We weren't recommended IUI either due to sperm morphology issues, and have gone straight to ICSI.

Tinkerbell - hope the hycosy goes well and they find that everything is ok. At least you know that all these things are moving closer to the end goal!

Going back to drinking i was in Tesco last night and found some low alcohol wines and champagnes so brought a couple of bottles to try. They are half the alcohol of normal bottles and the whole bottle is just 4.5 units. It's probably not as nice as normal but worth a shot - especially over festive period :happydance:

Hi,

Just been reading another forum where someone linked to this article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2068908/Could-simple-pill-costing-30p-day-answer-getting-pregnant.html

It's in the Daily Mail so I wouldn't trust it that much, but maybe worth a try!?!

S x

Oh great I'm taking those now as my mother in law reccomended it! Anythings worth a shot!!

Serena - how many follies did the dr say you had at the moment if you don't mind me asking x

My mum gave me this article but i've been taking these pills for about a year now so hopefully it is true. Before that i was taking folic acid - so i think i am safely vitamined up!!

I've also been researching things to do for a low number of follicles and they recommend COQ10 - so have ordered the highest dose available of this last night to see if it makes a difference, and helps improve my follicle number / quality, although still haven't heard anything back from Guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->