IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Congratulations blondemop!:happydance::happydance: I am so pleased for you.

AFM - i think i am headed for a bfn. Due to be tested at the hospital tomorrow - can't face doing a test myself. Was feeling quite positive until this morning - af type cramps on and off all day, plus bleeding - like af type bleeding when i've been to the loo - twice. I keep holding off going to the loo (like thats going to stop it) in case there is any more. I know its way too late for implantation bleeding. I'm just so devastated. :cry::cry:

I was gone this weekend and monday was our recovery day lol! Saw a great concert. Anyway wow I missed a LOT! congrats blondemop! Fx for meg and beau! how exciting! lainey fx for you too.

AFM: appt thursday. start lupron next week I believe. Looking forward to getting my calendar and having coffee with meg if she is feeling up to it after transfer.

Adanma

Ok, update time! Sorry it's so long.... I'm really descriptive!

I'm HOME!!!!!

First, let me begin by saying that if I ever have to go through this again, I am taking the g-d train into the city, even if it takes longer. I swear I was almost killed about 5 times on the tollway in and out of Chicago! And I'm no grandma driver, either!

People, as individuals, are awesome. People, as a collective, in cars barreling down the Eisenhower at 90+ mph weaving in and out of traffic, become a-holes.

Anyway, I'm back home, and much calmer now LOL! Really, the drive home was the worst.

So I got there around 6:45am, and checked in. The center has a touchscreen monitor so you can check yourself in, and some creepy dude was hanging out in front of it trying to watch me check in. I had to move the monitor because we log in with our Social Security number. I think he was just confused as to how to log in, and may have been a patient for a different procedure, but ask, don't hawk!

Anyway, the nurse that helped me last week was working today, and he was so sweet. He met me in the lobby and led me to my recovery room to change into my gown and booties. The RE came in pretty much as soon as I was changed and explained how my embryos developed.

I had 2 Grade 3 (anything grade 3 and above he considers excellent), 2 grade 2, 2 grade 1, and one still in the morula stage. He was going to transfer the Grade 3s and let the others mature a bit longer before deciding which to freeze. Most likely I'll have at least 2 to freeze, but I'm not sure when I'll know for sure.

So after he discussed this with me, I was wheeled on into the OR, and positioned in full stirrups. They did a standard ultrasound (the traditional on-the-belly kind) to help guide the catheter.

I'm not going to lie, this was very painful. First, speculums always hurt me, so that was painful. Second, my bladder wasn't as full as they'd have liked, so there was more pressure from the outside to get a clear image.

The RE swabbed my cervix with betadine and inserted the catheter guide. Yeah, that hurt even more - especially when coming in contact with my uterine walls. Because my bladder wasn't all the way full, they had a harder time imaging the catheter guide, so there was a lot of repositioning for about 5-10 minutes (seemed like forever), with extremely sharp, hard pain when it touched the uterine wall. Finally it was in a good place and the RE placed the catheter and transfered my 2 embabies! That part wasn't too painful.

Then the embryologist (also in the room) examined the catheter to make sure the embryos were released, they were, so the catheter, guide, and speculum were removed, respectively.

No pain or cramping once all the stuff was out, so that was a relief. The pain was mostly because of the bladder issue and the repositioning. I'm a little annoyed at my body b/c I drank a 16oz thing of tea an hour before, and whaddaya know, 30 mins after the procedure I have to pee like a race horse! Figures!

Anyway, I sat in a bed in the recovery room for about a half hour and then I was free to go. No restrictions on food or activity, but I'm going to take it easy and lounge in bed most of the morning, sit up for my lectures on the computer this afternoon, and make dinner, then lounge in bed some more LOL.

DH wasn't able to go with me because he had to work. Since this is a new job, and they were kind enough to give him the day off for the retrieval, he didn't want to push it. It was no problem, because there was no anesthesia. Except for the fact I was almost murderous on the drive home ;)

Anyway, now....... I wait! I'm still testing positive from my trigger, so this will kind of suck trying to figure out if I'm pregnant or not. I have to call the RE's office to schedule my beta now that I know we had some embies to transfer

Also, I felt just fine this morning before the procedure, so I think I'm pretty much healed from the retrieval. So for me, 5 days is key.

And that's it! Now, freak out stage 2 --> waiting for the first beta..... to be continued!

yay beau! I'm with you about the crazy chicago drivers...

Adanma

Fab Beau! I had it in my head that ET wasn't painful, I thought I was done with pain after EC, so that's a blow! So PUPO :) when do you test? My dr told me 16 days after fertilisation (17 days after EC). Sounds hideously long!

Poppet, ET is not sore, you're that concerned that you don't wee on yourself that you don't feel a thing :haha: Or I certainly did not.

Hello All. Got a call today. Yesterday they retrieved 24 eggs 21 icsi-able then today they said 9 are fertilized. alittle nervousz i hope everything goes well with the embreyos. They will call me tomorrow to let me know what time i need to go in for the transfer.
BFP for all of us.

That's great that you have 9, excellent. FX'd for you.

I was gone this weekend and monday was our recovery day lol! Saw a great concert. Anyway wow I missed a LOT! congrats blondemop! Fx for meg and beau! how exciting! lainey fx for you too.

AFM: appt thursday. start lupron next week I believe. Looking forward to getting my calendar and having coffee with meg if she is feeling up to it after transfer.

Adanma

Oh, I'll feel up to it! No worries! :) Its not that rough a process, I swear! LOL

I'm HOME!!!!!

First, let me begin by saying that if I ever have to go through this again, I am taking the g-d train into the city, even if it takes longer. I swear I was almost killed about 5 times on the tollway in and out of Chicago! And I'm no grandma driver, either!

People, as individuals, are awesome. People, as a collective, in cars barreling down the Eisenhower at 90+ mph weaving in and out of traffic, become a-holes.

Anyway, I'm back home, and much calmer now LOL! Really, the drive home was the worst.

So I got there around 6:45am, and checked in. The center has a touchscreen monitor so you can check yourself in, and some creepy dude was hanging out in front of it trying to watch me check in. I had to move the monitor because we log in with our Social Security number. I think he was just confused as to how to log in, and may have been a patient for a different procedure, but ask, don't hawk!

Anyway, the nurse that helped me last week was working today, and he was so sweet. He met me in the lobby and led me to my recovery room to change into my gown and booties. The RE came in pretty much as soon as I was changed and explained how my embryos developed.

I had 2 Grade 3 (anything grade 3 and above he considers excellent), 2 grade 2, 2 grade 1, and one still in the morula stage. He was going to transfer the Grade 3s and let the others mature a bit longer before deciding which to freeze. Most likely I'll have at least 2 to freeze, but I'm not sure when I'll know for sure.

So after he discussed this with me, I was wheeled on into the OR, and positioned in full stirrups. They did a standard ultrasound (the traditional on-the-belly kind) to help guide the catheter.

I'm not going to lie, this was very painful. First, speculums always hurt me, so that was painful. Second, my bladder wasn't as full as they'd have liked, so there was more pressure from the outside to get a clear image.

The RE swabbed my cervix with betadine and inserted the catheter guide. Yeah, that hurt even more - especially when coming in contact with my uterine walls. Because my bladder wasn't all the way full, they had a harder time imaging the catheter guide, so there was a lot of repositioning for about 5-10 minutes (seemed like forever), with extremely sharp, hard pain when it touched the uterine wall. Finally it was in a good place and the RE placed the catheter and transfered my 2 embabies! That part wasn't too painful.

Then the embryologist (also in the room) examined the catheter to make sure the embryos were released, they were, so the catheter, guide, and speculum were removed, respectively.

No pain or cramping once all the stuff was out, so that was a relief. The pain was mostly because of the bladder issue and the repositioning. I'm a little annoyed at my body b/c I drank a 16oz thing of tea an hour before, and whaddaya know, 30 mins after the procedure I have to pee like a race horse! Figures!

Anyway, I sat in a bed in the recovery room for about a half hour and then I was free to go. No restrictions on food or activity, but I'm going to take it easy and lounge in bed most of the morning, sit up for my lectures on the computer this afternoon, and make dinner, then lounge in bed some more LOL.

DH wasn't able to go with me because he had to work. Since this is a new job, and they were kind enough to give him the day off for the retrieval, he didn't want to push it. It was no problem, because there was no anesthesia. Except for the fact I was almost murderous on the drive home ;)

Anyway, now....... I wait! I'm still testing positive from my trigger, so this will kind of suck trying to figure out if I'm pregnant or not. I have to call the RE's office to schedule my beta now that I know we had some embies to transfer

Also, I felt just fine this morning before the procedure, so I think I'm pretty much healed from the retrieval. So for me, 5 days is key.

And that's it! Now, freak out stage 2 --> waiting for the first beta..... to be continued!

Your ET sounds like my first ET. It was hideously uncomfortable due to repositioning a billion times. They had a clear view, but the speculum wasn't cooperating. And, the catheter missing my cervix was oboxious and ouchy! I guess my cervix had decided to point more downward that day than he was used to... so it was difficult, at best. It was a solid 15-20 minutes of pain for me. I was actually moaning with pain and all but had tears welling up in my eyes. It was a miserable experience. I'm hoping for better this time!

Fab Beau! I had it in my head that ET wasn't painful, I thought I was done with pain after EC, so that's a blow! So PUPO :) when do you test? My dr told me 16 days after fertilisation (17 days after EC). Sounds hideously long!

Depends! Some people have no trouble with ET. It SHOULDN'T be painful. But, mine was awful. Mine was actually significantly worse than EC for me. Yours might not be anywhere nearly that bad though.

My betas are scheduled for 10 and 12 days post-transfer... 13 and 15dpo.

Hello All. Got a call today. Yesterday they retrieved 24 eggs 21 icsi-able then today they said 9 are fertilized. alittle nervousz i hope everything goes well with the embreyos. They will call me tomorrow to let me know what time i need to go in for the transfer.
BFP for all of us.

9 is amazing! I'd be jumping for joy with 9! :)

Hi all, I'm very new to the board. I had 2 IVF's in 2007. The first IVF failed and resulted in two frosties. The second IVF worked and we now have 3 yr old twins. I was sure we were done. But we have been TTC naturally for 6 months and finally decided to use the frosties.

I just started the BC pills on 4/8 and we start Lupron on 4/20. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up but it is impossible not to. I keep reading about the low percentages for FET and right now, all I can pray is they survive the thaw.

Any success stories from FETs out there?

I've never had a FET cycle, but my cousin did 4 fresh cycles and 1 FET cycle... and 1 of her 2 children is from her only FET cycle. That's success as far as I'm concerned!

Adanma

Oh, I'll feel up to it! No worries! :) Its not that rough a process, I swear! LOL

I'm HOME!!!!!

Your ET sounds like my first ET. It was hideously uncomfortable due to repositioning a billion times. They had a clear view, but the speculum wasn't cooperating. And, the catheter missing my cervix was oboxious and ouchy! I guess my cervix had decided to point more downward that day than he was used to... so it was difficult, at best. It was a solid 15-20 minutes of pain for me. I was actually moaning with pain and all but had tears welling up in my eyes. It was a miserable experience. I'm hoping for better this time!

Depends! Some people have no trouble with ET. It SHOULDN'T be painful. But, mine was awful. Mine was actually significantly worse than EC for me. Yours might not be anywhere nearly that bad though.

My betas are scheduled for 10 and 12 days post-transfer... 13 and 15dpo.

BFP for all of us.

9 is amazing! I'd be jumping for joy with 9! :)

Hoping all 9 of them on day 3 will be all good. alittle nervous. and will have something to transfer. what do you guys think? i don't know what I'm trying to say but I hope this will be successful.

Hi all, I'm very new to the board. I had 2 IVF's in 2007. The first IVF failed and resulted in two frosties. The second IVF worked and we now have 3 yr old twins. I was sure we were done. But we have been TTC naturally for 6 months and finally decided to use the frosties.

I just started the BC pills on 4/8 and we start Lupron on 4/20. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up but it is impossible not to. I keep reading about the low percentages for FET and right now, all I can pray is they survive the thaw.

Any success stories from FETs out there?

Inky on this forum recently had FET, a natural cycle, and it worked. :happydance:

Ooh... Doodar also did a natural FET that worked. It sadly ended in MC, but not because it was FET... its a separate issue.

Official beta is Tuesday next week (2 weeks from trigger). I thought it sounded rather soon, but whatevs :)

megg33k said:

Yeah, I don't think it's supposed to be THAT painful. My stupid bladder wasn't full --> lesson learned!

BFP for all of us.

congrats! 9 is great!

Less than 1 hour to PUPO! :shock:

Woooo!

PUPO!!! My gladder wasn't nearly full... but they had no trouble. Strange! This time was completely painless (except having that damned speculum put in). He got through my cervix first try this time too! It was VERY quick! I'll be posting pics of my embie both before and after transfer in my journal. It was an 8-cell, Grade 2. No reason for me not to be hopeful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->