IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

Still waiting for them to call my name. Geez hope still bladder will not explode lol. I never drank so much water in my life lol

I don't really have time to introduce myself at the moment...but I will be sure to come back and do that. I have been lurking for quite some time. I have something that I found on line pertaining to grading embryos and I thought it might be useful. They won't let me post the link because I have not had 10 posts yet so I will just copy and paste the important parts.

The following is an approximate timetable of events for IVF:
Day 0 Egg retrieval
Sperm collection and preparation
Insemination
Day 1 Check eggs for fertilization (the presence of two pronuclei or PN's)
Day 2 Embryos at the 4-cell or more stage of development
Day 3 Embryos at the 8-cell or more stage of development
Day 4 Embryos at the compacted morula (16-32 cell) stage
Day 5 Embryos at the blastocyst stage of development

You can ask the Lab Director (or physician) to give you progress reports on the development of your embryos. Critical points in development are (1) fertilization, (2) 4 to 8 cell stage and (3) morula to blastocyst stage.

Numeric grading systems for multicell embryos usually have 4 levels:

Grade 1: even cell division, no fragmentation
Grade 2: even cell division, small fragmentation
Grade 3: uneven cell division, moderate fragmentation
Grade 4: uneven cell division, excessive fragmentation

Blastocysts are graded differently with a number and two letters.

The number refers to the degree of expansion of the blastocyst (1 is the least expanded, 6 is the most expanded). The first letter (A,B, or C) refers to the quality of the inner cell mass (the part of the blastocyst that is going to be the baby) and the second letter (A, B, or C) refers to the quality of the trophectoderm (the part of the blastocyst that is going to be the placenta).

Multicell embryos that recieve grade 1 or 2 often develop to the blastocyst stage, those receiving grade 3 or 4 rarely develop to the blastocyst stage. Sometimes the laboratory uses the reversed scale where a grade 4 embryo is equivalent to a grade 1 embryo on the above scale. Check with your lab.

It is unusual to be allowed to go into the IVF laboratory to view your embryos in person since the lab is a sterile room like an operating room. Special clothes, hats, gloves, shoe covers etc., are required. These are not usually supplied to the patients, just lab personnel. You can, however, ask for a picture of your embryos as many labs document the embryo development with photographs or video images. Ask the Lab Director what the policy is. When you see the picture, ask for an interpretation, embryo stage, grades etc.

I hope this is helpful!

hello. the ET wasn't bad. I didn't feel any pain at all. when the nurse called my name i asked her if i can use the restroom. she said ok but only count to 10 then stop the pee lol. the emberyolist came to talk to me and he was asking for my husband and advised him he wasn't able to accompany me. the embroyolist was so excited to tell my husband the news. they transfered 2 embreyos. grade 1 as excellent and grade 2. so wish me luck . blood test is in two weeks.

So nervous. Today is my 3 day transfer. Drinking alot of water and I feel like im about to vomit lol with all this water im drinking. Really hope the embryos are all good quality. Fx's.

I wasn't in a water mood that morning... and I usually love it. That's just how it goes! LOL

I don't really have time to introduce myself at the moment...but I will be sure to come back and do that. I have been lurking for quite some time. I have something that I found on line pertaining to grading embryos and I thought it might be useful. They won't let me post the link because I have not had 10 posts yet so I will just copy and paste the important parts.

The following is an approximate timetable of events for IVF:
Day 0 Egg retrieval
Sperm collection and preparation
Insemination
Day 1 Check eggs for fertilization (the presence of two pronuclei or PN's)
Day 2 Embryos at the 4-cell or more stage of development
Day 3 Embryos at the 8-cell or more stage of development
Day 4 Embryos at the compacted morula (16-32 cell) stage
Day 5 Embryos at the blastocyst stage of development

You can ask the Lab Director (or physician) to give you progress reports on the development of your embryos. Critical points in development are (1) fertilization, (2) 4 to 8 cell stage and (3) morula to blastocyst stage.

Numeric grading systems for multicell embryos usually have 4 levels:

Grade 1: even cell division, no fragmentation
Grade 2: even cell division, small fragmentation
Grade 3: uneven cell division, moderate fragmentation
Grade 4: uneven cell division, excessive fragmentation

Blastocysts are graded differently with a number and two letters.

The number refers to the degree of expansion of the blastocyst (1 is the least expanded, 6 is the most expanded). The first letter (A,B, or C) refers to the quality of the inner cell mass (the part of the blastocyst that is going to be the baby) and the second letter (A, B, or C) refers to the quality of the trophectoderm (the part of the blastocyst that is going to be the placenta).

Multicell embryos that recieve grade 1 or 2 often develop to the blastocyst stage, those receiving grade 3 or 4 rarely develop to the blastocyst stage. Sometimes the laboratory uses the reversed scale where a grade 4 embryo is equivalent to a grade 1 embryo on the above scale. Check with your lab.

It is unusual to be allowed to go into the IVF laboratory to view your embryos in person since the lab is a sterile room like an operating room. Special clothes, hats, gloves, shoe covers etc., are required. These are not usually supplied to the patients, just lab personnel. You can, however, ask for a picture of your embryos as many labs document the embryo development with photographs or video images. Ask the Lab Director what the policy is. When you see the picture, ask for an interpretation, embryo stage, grades etc.

I hope this is helpful!

Fantastic info! :) Thank you!!!

hello. the ET wasn't bad. I didn't feel any pain at all. when the nurse called my name i asked her if i can use the restroom. she said ok but only count to 10 then stop the pee lol. the emberyolist came to talk to me and he was asking for my husband and advised him he wasn't able to accompany me. the embroyolist was so excited to tell my husband the news. they transfered 2 embreyos. grade 1 as excellent and grade 2. so wish me luck . blood test is in two weeks.

I can't believe they didn't let your OH go with you! Mine was up by my head the whole time. It feels less like he's not a part of it that way, for me. Very exciting that you got 2 transfered (grade 1 and 2). That's what I had the first time and it did work! Good luck!!!

To go along with the grading and whatnot... I wanted to share something. I met a girl last cycle I did at my clinic. She was 1 day behind me. She got 7 eggs, 6 mature, only 3 fertilized and only 1 made it day 3. The others had arrested. The embryo that made it was the WORST graded quality that they give! But, she's 20 weeks with a perfect baby girl right now. So, no matter what they tell you... There's really never reason to lose hope! You'd never know that her baby almost didn't happen due to all those things stacked against them.

Today I'm 2dp5dt (so weird writing that out) and I'm starting to freak out over my neurotic negativity. My mind is racing with doubt and concern even though I want this more than anything!

Someone slap me!

Along with everyone else's words of encouragement, I just wanted to add that I was not exactly miss positive through the whole process. Quite the opposite actually. In fact, I almost did not do my progesterone suppository the morning of my test because I was so sure it was going to be negative. So don't worry much about the negative feelings. Hang in there!

I absolutely knew that my betas would be negative... and then it was 95. You have no idea how certain I was that it hadn't worked. No worries!

Hi ladies, I am back after trying to take a break from all this. As if anyone really can.

I went for my baseline scan yesterday and due to sheduling, I start stimming on Monday. I am currently just injecting with suprecur every evening.

Egg collection, if things go to plan this time, should be on April 29th. The royal wedding, so thanks to Wills and Kate, I wont have to take that day as leave!

I am feeling very blue and am convinced it is not going to work. Work is very manic, every other person is pregnant and I am feeling very sorry for myself.

Good luck to the PUPOs I have been reading your updates. And hello to the newbies.

Anyone else at this stage?

Why is this so hard. Roll on the weekend at least

x x x

Hi everyone, can i come and live here with you guys for a bit? Had 1st icsi appt yesterday and have booked in to have a scan on 5th May and hopefully start downregging then! I'm really excited but kind of nervous about it all!! I'm just focusing on the fact that this is the start of a new chapter and hopefully our fairytale!!x

Hanging in there at 3dp5dt today. I had some serious cramping in the middle of the night last night. Not as bad as AF (I get terrible AF cramps), but enough to wake me up.

And that's it for symptoms. I POAS this AM because I'm still trying to get rid of my trigger. I had a very very faint BFP so I think that will be the end of it. According to math, it should be nearly out of my system tomorrow, or at least at levels undetectable to the HPTs I have.

I still can't help but be on pins and needles!

Hi ladies, I am back after trying to take a break from all this. As if anyone really can.

I went for my baseline scan yesterday and due to sheduling, I start stimming on Monday. I am currently just injecting with suprecur every evening.

Egg collection, if things go to plan this time, should be on April 29th. The royal wedding, so thanks to Wills and Kate, I wont have to take that day as leave!

I am feeling very blue and am convinced it is not going to work. Work is very manic, every other person is pregnant and I am feeling very sorry for myself.

Good luck to the PUPOs I have been reading your updates. And hello to the newbies.

Anyone else at this stage?

Why is this so hard. Roll on the weekend at least

x x x

I'm feeling very positive after my acupuncture session followed by a micro-shopping session for some colourful summer sandals! Hopefully some of it will rub off on you :)

My biggest challenge has been getting stressed at work and everyone at work getting pregnant too! I actually feel better for being on my cycle, feels like I'm taking action :)

Hanging in there at 3dp5dt today. I had some serious cramping in the middle of the night last night. Not as bad as AF (I get terrible AF cramps), but enough to wake me up.

And that's it for symptoms. I POAS this AM because I'm still trying to get rid of my trigger. I had a very very faint BFP so I think that will be the end of it. According to math, it should be nearly out of my system tomorrow, or at least at levels undetectable to the HPTs I have.

Everything crossed! I had read online that the trigger could cause a false positive until day 14 so I POAS yesterday (4 days after egg collection, 6 days after trigger) and got a negative. Does that seem right? Maybe I should POAS again tomorrow to check? Are you using early response tests or normal?

SO excited about ET tomorrow :)

Hi everyone, can i come and live here with you guys for a bit? Had 1st icsi appt yesterday and have booked in to have a scan on 5th May and hopefully start downregging then! I'm really excited but kind of nervous about it all!! I'm just focusing on the fact that this is the start of a new chapter and hopefully our fairytale!!x

Loving your username! My hubbie's nickname for me is 'bean' so I'm also dreaming of a baby bean :)

Dreamy!!!!!!!! :hugs: Love seeing you here!

Can't wait for your BFN followed by BFP, Meg! :yipee:

Holding out hope for a great cycle for you, MrsJPC! :thumbup:

Everything crossed! I had read online that the trigger could cause a false positive until day 14 so I POAS yesterday (4 days after egg collection, 6 days after trigger) and got a negative. Does that seem right? Maybe I should POAS again tomorrow to check? Are you using early response tests or normal?

SO excited about ET tomorrow :)

I'm using Wondfo strips. Yup, it all depends on how fast your body metabolizes hCG. Typically the half-life is 23-24h, so for me, my calculations have me at a level just barely detectable and should be below detection tomorrow. Ideally.

I think I might skip testing tomorrow and wait for Sunday just to be sure.

I really wish my RE's office would get back to me with news about my other 5 embies!!!! I emailed Wed and he said he should hear back from the lab in a couple of days. Well, it's been a couple days!

So I put in a call to the office and waiting for a nurse to call me back. That was 2h ago, I think they forgot. So, I'll wait the weekend and if I don't hear anything will email/call again.

I realize it's business as usual for them, but for goodness' sake these are my BABIES, not to mention the $$ I paid for them. Grrrr...

I have a headache.

This whole 2WW sucks. I have final exams on Monday and should be studying, instead I'm obsessing over whether this pregnancy will take and how my embabies are doing. I suck.

Oooh..... Project Runway marathon. And it's the season Christian Siriano won, so it's a good one. I think I'm going to curl up with my study stuff on the bed and watch the rest of the day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->