IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

If you have pain in your ovaries you may take some paracetamol. Otherwise have you tried a hot water bottle?

I didn't like to incase i wasn't allowed. Does it have to be paracetamol or can I take ibuprofen, do you know?

No, just take paracetamol and only if you really, really have too. good luck Poppet!

My trigger got done, btw. Easy peasy.. again! My $Tree test this morning has a faint line to tell me it worked. It would be darker by tomorrow, but no reason to keep making sure. Yes, I'm neurotic enough that I have to use an HPT to prove that my shot worked! LOL

Brilliant! Did you just have a shot? I did my ovitrelle shot at 9pm and have been quite panicky since in case I did it wrong! It's just a quick shot and after doing two a day for weeks, it seemed like an anti climax. Plus I was out for dinner so I had to run off to the loo to do it without anyone noticing!

Yes... Its just a shot. You can POAS if you need to see that it was done right. As long as its positive, you did it right! :)

Gah. Won't get any new updates about my embabies until I go in for my transfer. Boo!

I wanted to know how they were developing :( Oh well. It's going to be 3 looong days.

I love "embabies"... That's adorable!

Thanks! I haven't poas as I'm trying to forget about it and get through to tomorrow 9am! So I'm going to sit in the garden and pretend I'm not counting down the hours! Hope your EC goes weel today x

The pain (for future reference) isn't so bad. I actually had no pain killers at all, and it wasn't the worst thing I've ever gone through. It wasn't comfortable... but I really don't think it was bad enough that it requires anesthesia in hindsight. I'm happy I know now. :)

We got 2 mature eggs just... But, we only got 3 mature eggs last time and the 3rd went to waste. So, if they both fertilize (I'll know in the morning), I'm going to be quite happy with even just the 2. Since I thought my cycle was a bust, the possibility of 2 embies is enough for me!

I had a lot of pain. Still do. Maybe it depends on the person, number of eggs retrieved, etc. IDK!

I'm glad to hear you're doing well! 2 is wonderful!

I'm glad you're feeling positive Megg. From going from cycle being cancelled to having 2 eggs certainly makes you grateful eh! It wasn't exactly the same for me but I know how you're feeling. Just hope these two eggies now do well for you. FX'd.

And yes I didn't have any pain at all after EC, and didn't need pain killers. :hugs:

The pain (for future reference) isn't so bad. I actually had no pain killers at all, and it wasn't the worst thing I've ever gone through. It wasn't comfortable... but I really don't think it was bad enough that it requires anesthesia in hindsight. I'm happy I know now. :)

We got 2 mature eggs just... But, we only got 3 mature eggs last time and the 3rd went to waste. So, if they both fertilize (I'll know in the morning), I'm going to be quite happy with even just the 2. Since I thought my cycle was a bust, the possibility of 2 embies is enough for me!

That's great news, FX for those 2, looking forward to hearing in the morning! Glad the pain was ok. I did some research on it last night and found loads of horror stories on forums so was starting to panic ALOT so feeling much better now! Only 12 hours to wait for me...

There is pain after... I mean, it hurts now. It hurts more now than it did during. There was a lot of stabbing... We didn't get many eggs, but he did aspirate a lot of follicles. So, I don't know. I've read horror stories too. But, mine didn't live up to the horror. It was just unpleasant... but not awful. Oh well... I just hope they both fertilize. Then, the pain won't matter.

There is pain after... I mean, it hurts now. It hurts more now than it did during. There was a lot of stabbing... We didn't get many eggs, but he did aspirate a lot of follicles. So, I don't know. I've read horror stories too. But, mine didn't live up to the horror. It was just unpleasant... but not awful. Oh well... I just hope they both fertilize. Then, the pain won't matter.

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call this horrific pain. But enough to make me walk and move very, very slowly. I really think the constipation issue I'm having is really attributing to the lingering post-op pain. I'm starting to get more "regular" and my pain is diminishing with that.

I think I would also be a lot more comfortable if I were allowed to use NSAIDs, but can't. Tylenol is ok, but not as good as a nice dose of Naproxen.

So Megg, your transfer is a 3-day on the 13th?

Mine is the 12th so, OMG, the stars could align for us and give us pretty much the same due date LOL.

Mine is the 12th so, OMG, the stars could align for us and give us pretty much the same due date LOL.

hi Beau. After your retrieval how did you feel as far as walking out of the hospital. do you feel tipsy? please let me know I would really appreciated it.

Thank you again.

hi Beau. After your retrieval how did you feel as far as walking out of the hospital. do you feel tipsy? please let me know I would really appreciated it.

Thank you again.

Cognitively, I was high as a kite LOL. It took 1.5h to get home and I slept it off that morning/afternoon.

Thank you again.

Cognitively, I was high as a kite LOL. It took 1.5h to get home and I slept it off that morning/afternoon.

so taking public transportation won't be a good idea?

If you have someone going with you, public transport would be ok.

Honestly, you should have someone go with you. If you have any kind of narcotic or anesthesia, or end up with a lot of pain, you're going to need someone to help you get around. Plus, you need your OH to provide the sperm, right? :)

If you have someone going with you, public transport would be ok.

Honestly, you should have someone go with you. If you have any kind of narcotic or anesthesia, or end up with a lot of pain, you're going to need someone to help you get around. Plus, you need your OH to provide the sperm, right? :)

My OH will be there with me. Just that were of taking public tranportation. ok I feel much better. i was worried for a minute about taking public transportation.

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call this horrific pain. But enough to make me walk and move very, very slowly. I really think the constipation issue I'm having is really attributing to the lingering post-op pain. I'm starting to get more "regular" and my pain is diminishing with that.

I think I would also be a lot more comfortable if I were allowed to use NSAIDs, but can't. Tylenol is ok, but not as good as a nice dose of Naproxen.

NSAIDs are better! No doubt. But the Tylenol is doing okay. I'm not constipated at all, actually. So, that's probably a big difference between us right now. I'm shocked I'm not, but happy for it! LOL

That's the assumption... But, I'm still worried that I won't have anything to transfer. I'm so nervous I could vomit. I'm incredibly worried about coming this far and not even getting to transfer. But, yes... It will be the 13th, hopefully. My EDD would be Dec 31! NYE baby! I would ADORE that!

Haven't been in here since after my BFP, but I do want to say something re: the public transportation question, but I would NOT take public transportation. I had Versed for my anesthesia and I was loonier than the most out there schizophrenic! I was wild. I don't remember most of it (as that's the whole idea), but I acted as drunk as someone drunk could get.
I demanded my hubby take me to McDonald's (drive-thru) as I suddenly had a weird craving and could hardly walk leaving the clinic and remember getting home and still being "wasted" and eating my hamburger David Hasselhoff style in my bed (remember his drunken hamburger eating on the bathroom floor video?) then proceeded to pass out for 4 hours. LOL I wouldn't recommend being in public unless they allow you to recover at the clinic until you know what your reaction is. I don't know if this is the usual reaction to Versed or not, but wow!

Good luck!

EC all done! The worse bit was trying to get a needle in for the meds - that had me in tears after three attempts. After that the morphine and Valium kicked in and I dont remember anything!

After 20 mins sitting down and feeling sleepy and a bit off it, I was sent home. Feeling fine but suspect that might change once every things worn off =\

They got 11 eggs :) they're calling tomorrow morning to let me know how many fertilised, and then transfer will be thurs or Saturday. V excited!

Hope yours went well LoverB. I definitely could have made it on public transport as long as I moved quite slowly and had my DH there so hopefully you'll be fine!

Oh well done Poppet, 11 eggs is fabbie. Yeh, I can't remember a thing about EC either and luckily I had no pain whatsoever but I only got 6 eggies.

Good luck for fertilisation report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->