IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

i am so excited :happydance: we have our first lady already started i bet that was such a shock when they told you angiemon, ok some questions :haha:
what point in your cycle were you when you went for your appointment ?
had you already had your injection training and got your prescription ?
what meds did they put you on ?
im sure i will think of more :hugs:

Hi girls :)

I got my paperwork today and I will be doing a flare cycle so just waiting on police check and we're good to go for Jan!!!

thats great crystal443 can you remind me what the flare protocol is i have heard of it but cant remember, do you have any dates yet ?

ahh thats fab angiemom and hello :hi:

with a bit of luck, you'll be getting your :bfp: just as I'm starting my ICSI so you can be my inspiration to stay positive!! :D

was supposed to have my bloods done today but car is completely stuck in the snow. So now I've had to re arrange for christmas eve. not the greatest time to be bogged down with IVF stuff but at least it wont be on my mind for too long with xmas being the day after and we're going to stay with my parents. So by the time I'm home after xmas and the blood results come back would be time to say good bye to husband for a while as he's working away and start my injections. eek! xx

Hi there all....haven't posted too much on here, but I will be starting ICSI/IVF just after XMAS too so this is perfect for me!
I had my pre-ivf appointment this past 23rd and had an ultrasound scan of my ovaries and uterus and paid my whopping $6700 cash that I saved working hard to do. I went last year at this time for an IVF appointment and thought my insurance covered half of it, but turns out it would coist me more if i actually used my insurance so here I am 1 year later...boo!
We have a low sperm count (well, DH does lol!) I don't have issues and have kids from a previous marriage, so this will be his first and my first again in 12 years and my 1st IVF lol
So I am free and clear to start except I don't want to start until the cycle after the next (coming up on the 5th I am guesstimating) and then have my real IVF planning appointment on December 21st. I will have just ovulated around that time and so will probably have another progesterone blood done to ensure I cn start Lupron shortly thereafter and willl probably have the AF that commences the IVF cycle on January 1stish! Yay! I had a useless $50 progesterone blood on Nov 23rd about 12 hours after O and I am guessing they did this to ensure I do O on my own....but what a waste of money in my opinion as I don't start DR until the cycle starting in December. I Googled and guessed this was to determine if he would put me on BCP or not?? One thing I hate about this doctor is he or his staff NEVER really explain things to their patients, but his stats sure show that he KNOWS what he is doing as he has a 53% success rate with 36-38 age group (I am 36) and this is much higher than the nationwide 30% or so. I must trust him....or else I will drive myself nuts!
I am guessing I start the Lupron at 7DPOish and then stim on CD 1 or 3...I forgot what he told me at last years appt. I have a script for 36 ampules of Repronex 75IU and am to buy them before the next appointment. Local pharmacy says $4k, but on IVFMeds.com it is like only $660 and my insurance MAY cover the meds for free, so will be checking that today or tomorrow. Pretty cheap for stimming meds and i am happy, but the shots are IM which really sucks!
Anyhow, nice to meet you all and sorry for the long background. I am going to read as much as I can from the beginning so I can get to know you all!

Good luck to everyone and hope we have a lucky thread and ALL have BFP's!

Hi there all....haven't posted too much on here, but I will be starting ICSI/IVF just after XMAS too so this is perfect for me!
I had my pre-ivf appointment this past 23rd and had an ultrasound scan of my ovaries and uterus and paid my whopping $6700 cash that I saved working hard to do. I went last year at this time for an IVF appointment and thought my insurance covered half of it, but turns out it would coist me more if i actually used my insurance so here I am 1 year later...boo!
We have a low sperm count (well, DH does lol!) I don't have issues and have kids from a previous marriage, so this will be his first and my first again in 12 years and my 1st IVF lol
So I am free and clear to start except I don't want to start until the cycle after the next (coming up on the 5th I am guesstimating) and then have my real IVF planning appointment on December 21st. I will have just ovulated around that time and so will probably have another progesterone blood done to ensure I cn start Lupron shortly thereafter and willl probably have the AF that commences the IVF cycle on January 1stish! Yay! I had a useless $50 progesterone blood on Nov 23rd about 12 hours after O and I am guessing they did this to ensure I do O on my own....but what a waste of money in my opinion as I don't start DR until the cycle starting in December. I Googled and guessed this was to determine if he would put me on BCP or not?? One thing I hate about this doctor is he or his staff NEVER really explain things to their patients, but his stats sure show that he KNOWS what he is doing as he has a 53% success rate with 36-38 age group (I am 36) and this is much higher than the nationwide 30% or so. I must trust him....or else I will drive myself nuts!
I am guessing I start the Lupron at 7DPOish and then stim on CD 1 or 3...I forgot what he told me at last years appt. I have a script for 36 ampules of Repronex 75IU and am to buy them before the next appointment. Local pharmacy says $4k, but on IVFMeds.com it is like only $660 and my insurance MAY cover the meds for free, so will be checking that today or tomorrow. Pretty cheap for stimming meds and i am happy, but the shots are IM which really sucks!
Anyhow, nice to meet you all and sorry for the long background. I am going to read as much as I can from the beginning so I can get to know you all!

Good luck to everyone and hope we have a lucky thread and ALL have BFP's!

hi alexapoo and welcome to the thread il add you to the first page :flower:

thats great crystal443 can you remind me what the flare protocol is i have heard of it but cant remember, do you have any dates yet ?

Sure Day 2 I start Synarel that goes until day 11, I start Puregon day 3 and have a scan on day 10 they do the retrieval on day 14 and put some embies back on day 16 and then progesterone from day 16 to day 30.

I assume this all depends on if everything goes smoothly..lol, no date yet I will be calling today to set up the appointments for around the 17th of Dec. we are currently waiting on the last of the money to come in to pay for everything and we'll have it by then so we can just pay on the day and I guess start date will be when AF arrives in Jan. we couldn't start this cycle (Dec) anyway the police checks wouldn't be back in time :(

I'm just so excited!!!

hi ladies i have been for my first accupuncture today it was so amazing i cannot recommend it highly enough i was going to go fortnightly but have decided to go weekly instead x

Thanks for the nice messages, it was scary starting straightaway! And its great that everyone is starting to get their dates now.

As for your questions raf-wife.

I had my appointment on CD24 so the doctor decided that I could start the short protocol on my next cycle 4-5 days later, so on that day they gave me and my OH a quick demo on the injections. Very quick but my OH was paying attention and as hes doing them I didn't get too bogged down with it. I was to call as soon as I got my proper AF, then I went in for a scan the next day and was given the meds there and then (224ml fostiman and 0.5 buserilin for everyday day-2 injections), I am doing this cycle on the NHS so they gave me my meds and a copy of my prescription straightaway with all the needles etc....so we were sent off to start that evening and then on the 6th day (last friday) I went back for a scan and blood test and then again yesterday (9th day), my blood test showed yesterday that my oestrogen levels were high so I got a call to stop my stimulation last night and go in again this morning for another scan and blood test and am now awaiting a phone call this afternoon to find out the next plan!!
Sorry to go into so much detail but I thought it may help - the nurses in the clinic are so busy so it is hard for me to get detailed info but as far as I know I have 6-7 follicles which are growing well and some of them are nearly at 18mm but the cancellation word was also mentioned as my oestrogen levels were so high so fingers cxd it won't be cancelled...
Before yesterdays blood tests i was very stressed due to train cancellations etc and i was late for my appointment. Does anybody know if oestrogen levels can increase through stress???????

By the way thanks Daisy Jump for the welcome back, Christmas eve will come very quickly......:winkwink::winkwink:

thanks angimon that has given more of an idea of what they may do with me, i am going in on cycle day 16 so hoping they may start me next af, i really hope they dont cancel your cycle, im just thinking maybe they will trigger you today or tommorrow x :hugs::flower:

Does anybody know if oestrogen levels can increase through stress???????

Stress can cause changes in the adrenal glands which responds with increased cortisol which then results in oestrogen levels rising.

Yes raf-wife thats what Im kinda thinking that they may tell me to take the trigger in the next few days.:thumbup:
So when would you be starting your stimming? You are on the long protocol aren't you???

Thank you for the info about the stress levels affecting oestrogen, has made me feel better....

I am just going to look through past posts to familiarise myself with everybody else again. I keep on getting confused with whos doing what and when!!!:dohh:

sorry raf-wife just realised you are on the short protocol too, i should have remembered as i looked at your detailed schedule!! Do you know what meds you are going on?
The injections aren't that bad and I am getting used to internal scans now which is what I was worried about. Now were looking for follicles, you actually forget the probe :blush:
I had acupuncture on sat too and I can really recommend it aswell although ive only had one session so far, made me really :sleep:

xx

I hope your cycle doesn't get cancelled *fingers crossed*
I've heard acupuncture is good but I just don't fancy it. Although I will be bookin myself in for plenty massages! X

sorry raf-wife just realised you are on the short protocol too, i should have remembered as i looked at your detailed schedule!! Do you know what meds you are going on?
The injections aren't that bad and I am getting used to internal scans now which is what I was worried about. Now were looking for follicles, you actually forget the probe :blush:
I had acupuncture on sat too and I can really recommend it aswell although ive only had one session so far, made me really :sleep:

xx

no i dont know what meds yet, at the moment stimming is set for early jan but i will know more on thursday, im not worried at all about the injections i dont feel them anymore after years and years of in and out of hospital, i do hope you get your trigger soon and if we dont hear from you beforehand good luck :flower:
accupuncture made me really sleepy too im ever so chilled this evening x

I got my blood test results etc and my AMH level was 5, (normal range) so once the FS has time he'll sort out what protocol I'm on and write to me to start with December AF sometime. I'm excited but I just wish this snow would go away now as it's a worry to get through to the hospital.

Good luck Angismom tomorrow. Let us all hope they don't cancel but just get you to trigger instead.

P.S. I go to acupuncture too, usually every couple of weeks but we've dropped it to once a month as my cycles are pretty good. Can't go tomorrow as it's an unnecessary journey in this snow, so I've cancelled but once I get confirmation of starting IVF I'll rearrange round the protocol.

i know what you mean about the snow ive got hospital on thursday and its about an hour away and also have my driving test next week,
thats great news about your amh i went to the gp to ask for my results and she couldnt tell me because she didnt even know what amh was:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->