IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

I've certainly found that some docs are thick. They know a little about everything which equates to nothing really :rofl: We thought that after two SA's and the docs thought there was nothing wrong. When the assisted conception unit tested they found OH had antibodies :dohh: That took about 8 months for them to work that out. twats!

In a way I'm glad I didn't start IVF earlier as I had worked it out that I would have ER around 6th December, I'd be so worried if that was the case just cause of the snow!

Hey girls, looking for some advice!!! We were getting IVF in Jan, but were going to do the egg sharing which delayed it till Feb/March.

I've been googling the egg sharing & stuff, & am now worried that giving half my eggs away will reduce my chances of it working? Or, it might reduce the chances of getting spare embryos to freeze in case it doesn't work 1st time?

Don't really know what to do for the best, any advice?

Hey girls, looking for some advice!!! We were getting IVF in Jan, but were going to do the egg sharing which delayed it till Feb/March.

I've been googling the egg sharing & stuff, & am now worried that giving half my eggs away will reduce my chances of it working? Or, it might reduce the chances of getting spare embryos to freeze in case it doesn't work 1st time?

Don't really know what to do for the best, any advice?

I've been thinking about donating any left over embies if there's any avaialble and I know this is going to sound silly but we were told and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but within 3 cycles 90 something % of women will become pregnant so I've not thought ok I only need one or two per cycle depending on what we decide. So for 3 cycles I'd need 3-6 eggs and anything over that we'd look at donating :). Its ridiculous I know but I think its my way of dealing with the emotional part of it.

I've decided to look at it as a 3 cycle plan not a 1 cycle plan and its easier to make desicions, anyone else finding wierd ways to deal with things?

Yeah, I'd definately donate any remaining embryos, without doubt. I don't like the thought of them beign destroyed at all! Although I think about 50% don't survive the thawing process.

Flake-y I think that's very kind of u to egg share. I personally don't like the thought of givin them to someone else also said no to the training side of egg donation. Just not comfortable with it at all.
Spoke to the FS about and he said in no way would they ever give any eggs to someone else that they could use for you.
Not sure if your clinic is the same but I would have thought so. :)

Crystal funny you should say that about weird things to get yourself through, wasn't goin to admit this to anyone but as my husbands goin to away in the middle east for the whole 6 weeks of DR and stimming I felt a bit sorry for myself so decided to buy some little booties as a reminder
To stay positive. only our mums know at the minute and every time I speak to them its just so obvious they don't understand what this feels like.
And of course I don't expect them too and definitely wouldn't want them too.
I've even had off both set of parents the old 'I know someone who did IVF and then had a natural pregnancy, bet that happens to you'

As well I focus on my age. Which is completely ridiculous. There is no difference in success rate no matter how young you are but I still think about it (hope I haven't offended anyone)

Xxx

Angiemom: I know what you mean about trying to keep up with who is doing what! I'm sure we will all get to know each other....I hope! lol

I know everyone is concerned with snow over in the UK, but I was worried about the holiday's effects on getting appointments in a timely manner and didn't want the doc rushing-so it's good most of us will have the holidays out of the way before we are too deep into this IVF thing.

I am concerned about the effects of Lupron! Anyone take it before?

Flake-y I think that's very kind of u to egg share. I personally don't like the thought of givin them to someone else also said no to the training side of egg donation. Just not comfortable with it at all.
Spoke to the FS about and he said in no way would they ever give any eggs to someone else that they could use for you.
Not sure if your clinic is the same but I would have thought so. :)

Crystal funny you should say that about weird things to get yourself through, wasn't goin to admit this to anyone but as my husbands goin to away in the middle east for the whole 6 weeks of DR and stimming I felt a bit sorry for myself so decided to buy some little booties as a reminder
To stay positive. only our mums know at the minute and every time I speak to them its just so obvious they don't understand what this feels like.
And of course I don't expect them too and definitely wouldn't want them too.
I've even had off both set of parents the old 'I know someone who did IVF and then had a natural pregnancy, bet that happens to you'

As well I focus on my age. Which is completely ridiculous. There is no difference in success rate no matter how young you are but I still think about it (hope I haven't offended anyone)

Xxx

I was really focused on my age, just reading these forums makes me feel like I'm 90 trying to get pregnant:dohh: which I'm not I've just turned 36. I thought age was a huge issue until I went to the FS and she said we're exactly in the average age for deciding on IVF here in Melbourne anyway:haha:

I'm a bit geeky :blush: and so is DH he still does the robot and thinks he's hip and happening :rofl: so I tend to find wierd little ways to break things down so its easier to manage.I have heard that too."well so and so tried that IVF stuff and couldn't get pregnant and then she got pregnant naturally...you really need to relax Crystal and it'll happen":dohh: If I hear one more Miracle baby after years and years of trying I might start doing the robot with my hubby:haha:

Too be honesy I was quite insulted, I felt like screamin at the 'why would I be goin through this if I could get pregnant naturally?!'
I hate that 'just relax it'll happen' and 'if its meant to be..' Grr...! But I usually just smile and say something like well here's hopin.
I know its just becasue they don't fully understand. I think its just wishful thinkin on their partas hubby is an only child, and I'm the only girl in my family and I know both sets of parents were devastated to find out.

I know its daft to think about age. There's no differnce at all. But it was when I went to the group meetin I felt like a baby.
I'm usually a 'stick my head in the ground and it'll all go away' kind of person so took me quite a while to come to terms with the whole idea of IVf. Think I'm bit better now, well I can talk about it without cryin.

flake-y i think you need to chat to your fs again and see what would happen in certain situations i have heard some clinics will give you the extra one if you get an odd number and some that will cancel your cycle and give you a whole fresh one free if there are a low number of eggs but that obviously means a much longer wait for you, i hope you get it figured out soon x

i cant believe its thursday tommorrow this week has gone really quickly for me off to see my fs tommorrow i cant wait x

ah raf wife...which appointment is it? hope it goes well!!! xxx

thanks hun il fill you all in when i get back, its consent signing and we will get our start date because im having my af induced and start stimming on day 3

aaahh thats evciting gettin your dates! make sure you let us know how you get on :D xxx

i cant believe its thursday tommorrow this week has gone really quickly for me off to see my fs tommorrow i cant wait x

Good Luck with your FS appointment, time is flying I was thinking I had time to call the Clinic and get all of our appointments in place and I looked at the calender and nearly had a panic attack. I've called this morning to get everything set up or this won't be happening in January. I just don't know where the time is going

Too be honesy I was quite insulted, I felt like screamin at the 'why would I be goin through this if I could get pregnant naturally?!'
I hate that 'just relax it'll happen' and 'if its meant to be..' Grr...! But I usually just smile and say something like well here's hopin.
I know its just becasue they don't fully understand. I think its just wishful thinkin on their partas hubby is an only child, and I'm the only girl in my family and I know both sets of parents were devastated to find out.

I know its daft to think about age. There's no differnce at all. But it was when I went to the group meetin I felt like a baby.
I'm usually a 'stick my head in the ground and it'll all go away' kind of person so took me quite a while to come to terms with the whole idea of IVf. Think I'm bit better now, well I can talk about it without cryin.

We haven't told many people we'll be doing this, for me its because it will be that many more people I have to tell if it doesn't work straight away. I have a few family members that are just idiots when it comes to being tactful. I don't know why some people think anyone would want to do this...I'd rather be doing anything then getting ready for IVF.

I know some of my family are not very sensitive about it.
I know what you mean about the time. I just can't believe its nearly the end of the year already.
Too be honest I just want to get this month over and done with. And want it too be feb, after I've done all injections and hubbys back home and I'm goin for egg collection.
I just keep thinkin this time next year I could have a little baby.
We all could! :)
Xxx

We were talking this morning before work and I had said its so strange we've been trying for so long and not even a hint of a BFP and we could be pregnant in a month or two, its very hard to get my head around that. Now mind you, I have DD 14 and DS 12 almost 13 and I had so many problems getting pregnant with her, DS was concieved with Clomid and then nothing. I haven't taken BC in 15 years I honestly thought we'd never get lucky enough to have one more.

Its been so long since there's been a little one running around, its very hard to think this might happen for us :)

:winkwink:I got my appointments!!! Yahhh!!!

December 15th I go see FS for my scan before the meds:happydance:
Dec 23rd I go to the Nurse, Councillor and the Accounts lady :haha:
And January is a 100% go ahead for us so I should be due for AF around the 9th of Jan.

i was online shopping the other day and found myself looking at maternity clothes,
ive already looked at prams baby clothes etc, just cant help it, we even know what names we would choose, i think in one way that for us starting in january the waiting time to start will actually go really quickly with having christmas and new year to think about too,

im really pleased you got your dates crystal x

will update when i get back its going to be a long day, i woke up to really thick snow this morning and a text from dds school to say its closed so im going to drop her off at my mums and then go really early for our appointment, it takes an hour each way to the hospital so i think i will allow 2 to get there because of the snow and if im really early go for some lunch first, have a good day everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->