IVF/ICSI/FET 2011 everyone welcome

ive got to admit i am getting worried about egg collection and its about 7/8 weeks away im not normally worried about medical procedures but this has got me a bit scared im having mild sedation which ive had many times and never fall asleep they even struggle to knock me out with a general its quite strange because it will be scary and exciting all at the same time

Hi Ladies,
not too sure when our ICSI will actually take place. We have down reg appt on 16th Dec, and scan on 5th Jan, so I'm expecting that retrieval and transfer should be 2 or 3 weeks after that...?
Not sure exactly how soon we can start stimulation after the first scan, nor how long stimulation will take, but I'll know more on the 16th for sure.
But hopefully I'll be with you all in January.

Good luck and love to all of you.
xxxx

hi boomer welcome to the thread :flower: il add your dates to page 1 good luck to you too :hugs:

ive got to admit i am getting worried about egg collection and its about 7/8 weeks away im not normally worried about medical procedures but this has got me a bit scared im having mild sedation which ive had many times and never fall asleep they even struggle to knock me out with a general its quite strange because it will be scary and exciting all at the same time

I'm the same, I had a general once & hated it! I just don't like people fiddling about with my bits & pieces while I'm asleep & not knowing what's going on!

For some reason the sedation just freaks me out! But it has to be done, I'm sure we'll both be fine.:thumbup:

Raf wife- I am ok thank u. Just seem to be MILES away from IVF :-( back on my diet now to get my bmi down and then we can finally get the ball rolling next yr. I just cant wait now and im sooo wanting to get cracking on it :)
How r u? where r u up to? i rarely get the chance to come online anymore as im always in work but im aiming to make time to keep up with ppl :)

Daisy jump- yep it makes me mad too but u are deffo right about us appreciating being a mum even more after all we are enduring x

Crystal- yaaay! bet u are sooo excited! wishing u the very best x

How long do you wait for a cycle to start after you go on the waiting list? il be having ivf at the liverpool womens xxx

Raf wife- I am ok thank u. Just seem to be MILES away from IVF :-( back on my diet now to get my bmi down and then we can finally get the ball rolling next yr. I just cant wait now and im sooo wanting to get cracking on it :)
How r u? where r u up to? i rarely get the chance to come online anymore as im always in work but im aiming to make time to keep up with ppl :)

How long do you wait for a cycle to start after you go on the waiting list? il be having ivf at the liverpool womens xxx

i know it seems like forever to get started i hope things happen quickly for you just keep up the weightloss you will get there :hugs:

im not sure how long the nhs wait is because we are private but if i were you id give the clinic you will be using a call they may have an idea of how long there other patients had to wait, if not try your pct

as for me i go back on the 2nd dec and will have a better idea of dates and hopefully get to pick up my prescription soon, but so far they have said i will start stimming early january x

Hi girlies,
Well a couple of weeks ago we got our special letter through the post!!!
17th January is our first consultation, I've never wished christmas away so much! So all we have to do now is wait... I'm not sure what to expect at the first consulation, DH has had both SA done, examination, i've had internal examination, blood tests - doctor said my results were perfect. (although no ultrasound? Is this always normally carried out? Or will that be done at consulation?).
So, we have MF infertility - low motility, SC is fine, and morphology not bad, just lazy swimmers, so ICSI will be our only option... But until then, we're going to try absolutely everything to improve motility!

DH has given up his coffee... he is so agitated and tired bless him, he normally drinks minimum 6 cups a day so is finding it hard.. but we're trying everything to make his swimmers better. He is now on wellman supplements, (which contains MACA) and 1000mg L'carnitine, 500mg L-arginine, he does not smoke and rarely drinks... and yesterday we ordered some pre-seed. We also use softcups.. All we want is one :spermy: !!

I have had 3 dreams this week that we got twins.!! That would be amazing, my mum has always said to me that she's convinced i'll have twins one day. :cloud9:

Anyways, waiting for AF now.. then is all systems go for next cycle. All it is now is a waiting game, we've accepted the IVF decision so we may as well throw ourselves into it until Jan! :happydance:

Baby dust to all xxxx

Hi girlies,
Well a couple of weeks ago we got our special letter through the post!!!
17th January is our first consultation, I've never wished christmas away so much! So all we have to do now is wait... I'm not sure what to expect at the first consulation, DH has had both SA done, examination, i've had internal examination, blood tests - doctor said my results were perfect. (although no ultrasound? Is this always normally carried out? Or will that be done at consulation?).
So, we have MF infertility - low motility, SC is fine, and morphology not bad, just lazy swimmers, so ICSI will be our only option... But until then, we're going to try absolutely everything to improve motility!

DH has given up his coffee... he is so agitated and tired bless him, he normally drinks minimum 6 cups a day so is finding it hard.. but we're trying everything to make his swimmers better. He is now on wellman supplements, (which contains MACA) and 1000mg L'carnitine, 500mg L-arginine, he does not smoke and rarely drinks... and yesterday we ordered some pre-seed. We also use softcups.. All we want is one :spermy: !!

I have had 3 dreams this week that we got twins.!! That would be amazing, my mum has always said to me that she's convinced i'll have twins one day. :cloud9:

Anyways, waiting for AF now.. then is all systems go for next cycle. All it is now is a waiting game, we've accepted the IVF decision so we may as well throw ourselves into it until Jan! :happydance:

Baby dust to all xxxx

Ooh u must be sooo excited! i just cant wait to actually get on the waiting list as then i know we are getting closer to our dream :) best of luck. I will following all of u ladies here so i get lots of advice for when we start treatment. i am so excited and nervous right now xxx

well i may have hit a small stumbling block dh got his blood screening results back yesterday they only took 2 days through the RAF and i was due to have mine done today at doctors surgery because my gp agreed to do them on the nhs, i turned up for my appointment and the nurse said she cant do them and the doctor shouldnt of said they would so she went of to speak to the practice manager and came back saying they would charge me £95 per test i said no thanks and left i called my fs clinic and they are going to do all 3 for £81 when i go on the 2nd dec im not fussed about paying for them but really wanted the results in time for my next appointment so i could get my prescription im just hoping this doesnt delay things too much, rant over x :growlmad:

Ah no! Can't believe that why do u have to pay for a blood test? Are you in england?

Ah no! Can't believe that why do u have to pay for a blood test? Are you in england?

yeah i am in england i have to pay because im private, my fertility nurse at the clinic said to ask my gp if they would do them but they may charge or i could have it done there for £81 but that some gps will do them on the nhs so would be worth asking, so i made an appointment last week to see my gp she said i could have them on the nhs as they do them free anyway when your pregnant so i went ahead and made the appointment she had even written the request up for me i thought i might as well get something free when were paying so much i wish i hadnt now because its just wasted so much time im kicking myself because i could of had it all done and dusted by now

JESUS! can't eblieve you have to pay for a blood test! think is, if you went in and just said you were a bit worried you might have one of the things ur screen for you would have had it done free!
Just booked mine today at my GP for Monday wonder if I'll have to pay? The girl never mentioned anything!
hope you get it sorted.

:yipee: I get to start IVF next cycle. Not sure what the protocol will be but thinking it will be long protocol. So looks like I should get AF around 17th December-ish.

:yipee:

Hi wallie yeah gettin a starting date?
Can I ask were u on the confetti forum recently?! Just recognise ur forum name!

Is everyone starting IVF according to their cycle??? My FS said they always start the cycle no matter where you are in your cycle. Xx

Nope, not me Daisy, must be another Wallie going about :rofl:

Yeh my hospital start IVF with start of cycle. They said at our last appt they start CD2 or CD21, unsure which I'll be yet.

They told me that I have to start the 1st day of my cycle..which should be 12/3 :) Just waiting for the insurance company to send the pre-authorization and then the pharmacy will ship to me...hopefully they will get it to me in time so I dont have to wait another month!

JESUS! can't eblieve you have to pay for a blood test! think is, if you went in and just said you were a bit worried you might have one of the things ur screen for you would have had it done free!
Just booked mine today at my GP for Monday wonder if I'll have to pay? The girl never mentioned anything!
hope you get it sorted.

if your having nhs ivf you will be fine if its private you would most likely have to pay x

Is everyone starting IVF according to their cycle??? My FS said they always start the cycle no matter where you are in your cycle. Xx

i start stimming day 3 of my cycle in jan
i need to call on day 1 then go for a scan day 2
im hoping my bloods have not pushed it back though because i need to go in on day 19 of this cycle to get my meds and training but that is on 5th dec my bloods wont be back by then and they wont do it without them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->